Just Like Heaven

Baby

Paula came in the room before Mikey and his mom. She had a big smile on her face, "I saw you on the news!" She gushed, "Not even out of your uterus and already he's famous!"

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up."

"It was crazy," she sat on the edge of the hospital bed, "I was on my break, in the break room, and they finally had the TV on and it was on that news channel, and they played a cellphone video of you screaming your head off." She laughed, "Was it scary?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head shortly, "wanna hold him?"

She nodded, holding her arms out. I handed Noah off to her, and she cooed at him. I sighed happily, "He has your sleepy face." 

"I think he looks like Mikey," I told her, "my mom delivered him, y'know, and when he came out, he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck."

Paula gasped softly, "Oh wow. He's alright, though? I mean, he's just sleeping and all, but..."

"He's fine. They checked him out, and he's perfect." I smiled.

"He's a little cutie."

A minute later, Mikey came in, his mom trailed behind him with Gerard. The room grew quiet, and I felt a bit of tension. The tension went away when my mom walked in as well, and Mikey came over and stood by me.

Mikey's mom, she looked over the baby while Paula held him. Paula seemed a but reluctant, but she held Noah out to her, "Want to hold him?"

Donna looked at me, asking without words. I smiled approvingly at her and she took him from Paula, gently. I heard her aw, my mom smiled, standing beside Donna, "Ain't he a cutie?" Donna said to her.

"That's where you guys get it from?" I asked Mikey.

Mikey gave a sheepish shrug, "Yeah."

"His name is Noah?" Donna asked me.

"Noah James." I told her.

"That's nice," She cradled Noah gently, "he's so adorable."

"Let me see!" Gerard whined. He leaned over and looked Noah over in his mom's arms, "Ha! He looks like Mikey." Gerard giggled.

Mikey rolled his eyes, while everyone else laughed, "Wow, Gerard, I didn't think it was possible for you to get anymore dumber."

"He's cute, man," Gerard grinned, "I think he got that from Morgan."

I laughed softly, "Well, thanks, Gerard."

"He's gonna be a babe magnet." Paula joked.

"No one is gonna touch my baby until he's old." I warned.

Mikey kissed my forehead, "Don't you want to be a grandmother one day?"

I raised my brow, "I barely got used to the idea of being a mommy, don't bring up being a grandma into this."

Mikey laughed, "I'm joking, babe."

"You better be." 

•••

Mikey got to stay with me while in the hospital. I had finally let Noah go, and let the nurses take him to the nursery. Gerard had gone out and stared at him still; he was highly fascinated with Noah. He saw that Noah had a little lightening bolt birth mark on his cheek and wanted to keep staring at it. I thought that was the cutest thing; it was real big, about an inch and a half, and it was red.

While I had fed him, later in the evening, he had finally opened his eyes. He has hazel eyes like Mikey's, more green than brown, like Gerard's too. He doesn't have a lot of hair, just a bit that was curly and golden brown, almost blonde; he must've gotten that from my mom, her hair is like that. When he yawns and cries with his mouth wide, he looks exactly like me, which makes me very happy, but he's got Mikey's funny lips and stoney stare. He's a quiet baby, he's very observant, almost, he doesn't keep his eyes open, he just lays quietly, hearing things around him.

After he went into the nursery, Seth came in to visit. He looked shocked, almost. I laughed when he came in with his mouth cupped.

"Dude." He stated seriously, "Did you really pull your baby out?"

"Well, he was coming, what was I suppose to do?" Mikey snorted, laughing on the couch.

"I was watching it on TV, everybody wants to talk to you."

"She won't." Mikey said.

"Why would I want them to film me? It's bad enough that guy saw AND filmed my crotch." I explained, glancing at Mikey.

"The way you screamed," Seth cringed mockingly, "like bloody murder."

"You deliver a baby with medication!" 

He and Mikey laughed, "I'm sorry M." He laughed still, "Congrats, guys. That kid is adorable."

"Thanks." I slugged his arm, "You saw him already, or did you--"

He cut me off, "Paula grabbed me before she left and I saw him at the nursery. The nurses took my phone, what's up with that?"

"I told them no one was allowed to take pictures of my baby unless I was around." I told him.

"They understood that?"

"Yep. I told them I'd sue if I saw any pictures of Noah floating around."

Mikey laughed, "She's crazy."

"Am not!" I shot back.

"I understand, Morgan. You're famous." Seth smirked at me.

"Ugh, great. Wonderful."
♠ ♠ ♠
I may or may not time skip in the next chapter.
I haven't written it yet and I'm like brain dead; forgive this crappy chapter.