Just Like Heaven

Ring Pop

I counted the week down till Mikey came home and I tried my best to keep busy on the actual day he did come home. He had said he wouldn't be home until the evening, so I tried my best to waste the hours.

I went out for a walk, I played with Noah and I even did some shopping. Paula kept joking that I looked like I was about ready to explode. I was; I mean, I missed the heck out of Mikey.

But, when it got late, I had preoccupied myself with cleaning the kitchen. I had fed Noah and put him in his little swing with the lullabies going. I hummed along to them, not really listening to anything but those funny, childish tunes.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt arms around me. I gasped and cooed when I smelt Mikey's cologne, "I missed you." I said softly to him.

He chuckled against my ear, "I missed you, too. Did I surprise you?"

I nodded shortly, "Yes."

"Good." His breath his the shell of my ear, "Baby's asleep and my girl is cleaning. How domesticated am I?"

I laughed, "Domesticated? You're in a band."

"It's nice coming home and seeing you like this," he turned me around to five him, "It's like we're living like a normal, everyday couple."

I rolled my eyes, "Aren't we?"

"Yeah, but as you said, I'm in a band."

I kissed him, "How was it?"

He shrugged, "I like being home more than being on the road."

"Was everyone happy to see you?"

"Yep. I was equally happy to see them, I just rather see you."

I smiled, "That's real sweet of you, Mike."

He licked his lips, "There's something I gotta show you, too."

I raised my brow, "What?"

"Follow me." He let go of my waist and took my hand.

I followed his lead to the living room. Noah was still sound asleep in his little swing. Mikey sat me on the couch, and then sat next to me. I watched him, he looked a bit nervous. I almost wondered if he were sick or something.

"Mikey, you okay?"

"Perfect. Just...thinking." He said.

"What about?"

He stood up suddenly, "Gotta show you somethin'." He muttered slowly.

He dug into his pocket, "What do you have to--" I stop talking almost instantly when I saw the black jewelry box, "What's that?" I asked in a shaky tone of voice.

"What do you think it is?" He jested in a sarcastic tone, "I want you to marry me."

I looked at him as he sat back down beside me and opened the box. I held my mouth as I saw this cute, canary yellow diamond ring. I looked at Mikey, then at the ring, "Mikey..." I couldn't put into words how I felt, "Oh my god."

He took the ring out, with shaky hands and took my own, "Look, I love you to fucking death, Morgan. We've been together for a short time, but I know that me and you are perfect for each other. I love you, will you marry me?"

My face broke out into a wide grin, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes, Mikey!" I gripped him into a hug after he put the ring on my finger. I leaned into his ear, "I prefer a ring pop over this massive thing, too."

He chuckled, "You deserve this, than candy." He kissed my forehead.

"Whatever you say."

•••

I was so happy to have Mikey back, I didn't even acknowledge the fact that we were engaged. I was just happy he was home, I didn't care about the thought of marrying him. We're together, and that's all that matters to me.

I love to see him interact with Noah, and to laze around with me. I love watching him be himself. I love watching him be a daddy, and my boyfriend; or rather, fiancée.

I'm happy, he's happy, and Noah is extremely happy that his daddy is home.

•••

As the months slowly passed, I got used to Mikey leaving every other few weeks to do a couple shows. I wasn't as sad as before when he first left, but Noah always fell into that routine of being fussy. He didn't sleep through the night unless he heard Mikey's voice on the phone. He would throw a little tantrum whenever I didn't show his picture on my phone. I swear, Noah is such a smart baby.

As he got older and started rolling around and sitting up on his own, he also made sure that Mikey was there. He didn't do specific things unless Mikey was near and was able to experience it. I was sure that Noah knew that Mikey wouldn't be around a lot to see some of his "firsts". But, Noah first rolled over, pushed himself up and crawled when Mikey was in the room. Mikey, of course, went nuts when he saw these things for the first time, and I was happy he did.

Things in our lives began to move at a fast pace when the new year came around. Things had charged; Paula moved out, but still, she came around often and played with Noah. I went back to work, while Mikey and Gerard were able to watch the baby, and I hated taking Noah to day care when the guys went off for some shows. Noah was real fussy with the care takers and would cry until I picked him up. I hated this, I didn't want to work, but I couldn't just depend on Mikey; I couldn't do that to him.

Seth would watch Noah at times, when he got some time off, but it got better in March when the band decided to take an entire year off before they released a record. I was extremely glad for this. For one, Mikey and I hadn't even discussed our wedding or anything. And two, Noah was a lot happier with Mikey around.

With our wedding, we didn't know what we wanted to do. We really hadn't told anyone, but Paula and Gerard knew. The rumor about us was rampant on their website's message board, and we didn't know how to exactly tell anyone. The one person who asked about it a lot was Max. I didn't want to tell him yes or no, just because of his sheer reaction. 

My nephew would probably get online and spread the news like wild fire.

So, what Mikey and I decided to do, was to invite our families to our home and tell them. I was alright with tell my family, but Mikey was nervous about telling him mom. As was I.

Oh god, I'm expecting my death to come sooner than I want it to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not particularly too happy with this chapter. I may rewrite it or add a bonus chapter or something to compensate for this. I just slapped it together because there was so much I wanted to put, but I know later I'll remember or want to add something else. So, forgive me for this lame chapter; thank you for reading, though. I appreciate it.
Your comments, thoughts and suggestions are gladly welcomed and appreciated.

xo ali