Just Like Heaven

Tiger

My mom had called the following day, and asked about Noah. I filled her in and I managed not to cry. 

"I have to wait until the results to come in to know exactly what's wrong with Noah." I explained.

"Oh, I hope it's nothing too bad, honey." My mom comforted.

"Me either. I can't imagine my baby boy hurting."

Me and my mom continued to talk for a bit, then we hung up. I decided to take Noah out for a walk, to give him some fresh air. We both needed a breather; my head was filling with all kinds of negative things.

"Mikey?" I tapped Mikey's shoulder as he slept on the couch; Noah was on his chest, with a pacifier, barely waking up.

"Hmm?" He cracked open one eye.

"I'm gonna take Noah out for a walk, do you wanna come?"

Mikey exhaled, waking himself up, "Yeah, yeah, I can take Piggy for a walk, too." 

I picked Noah up, letting him rest his head on my shoulder. Mikey got up, rubbing his face and grabbed his shoes. I took Noah to his room to put some shoes and shorts on him. The spring in LA is hot, so I dressed him comfortably.

I then grabbed a cool bottle for Noah and gave it to him then placed him in his stroller. Mikey followed out behind me, with his big, black sunglasses on and Piggy on her pink leash. his sunglasses always reminded me of how mysterious I used to think he was.

"What're you smiling about?" He asked, nudging my side; Piggy walked in front of him and beside Noah's stroller, nudging her face over at it.

"Just remembering how mysterious I thought you were."

He chuckled, "Oh yeah. When you thought I was a spy."

"Totally thought you were, too."

"Would you have believed me if I said I was?"

"Maybe, if my nephew hadn't gone nuts when he met you."

Mikey laughed, "Forgot about that." He wrapped his arm around my waist, hooking his thumb in the belt loop of my denim shorts, "So where are we going?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I just felt stuffy at home. I've been thinking a lot, too."

"What about?"

I sighed, "I think I'm going to give notice at my job. I want to stay home with Noah."

"You sure?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Maybe I could find a night time job--"

Mikey stopped me, "Morgan, you don't need a job. I can take care of you."

"I don't want that...I'll feel like a moocher."

Mikey shook his head, "How is being my wife and stay at home mother being a moocher?"

"I don't like the idea of not contributing." I told him.

"Look, you can take a few months off, and if you don't like it, you can get another job, alright?" 

I nodded, "Alright."

"I want to make life as easy as I can for you and Noah."

I smiled, "You're too sweet to me, Mikey."

He smiled back, "That's only because I love you so damn much."

I giggled, "You're the best boyfriend I ever had."

"Soon to be husband," He added.

"Top of the pops." I smirked at him.

He kissed my lips, "You're possibly my favorite fiancée."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh really?"

"Yeah, those other ones were just practice."

I laughed, "How many have you had?"

"Before you? Two." 

"Well, look at you, Mr. Man-Whore."

He laughed, "I used to be a nerd, I didn't bed every woman I saw, M."

"You're a lover, aren't you?"

"Yep, I'm very passionate."

"That's what I like about you. Or rather, what I love about you."

Mikey squeezed my hips, "You know what I love about you? You tell me the truth even when I don't want to hear it."

"What?" I cracked a laugh.

"Yeah, like when I decided to cut my hair, you told me not to."

"I think you look cute with long hair." I shrugged.

"And it works." He smirked.

"Mike, that doesn't make sense. You just love my sense of style."

"And I love your quirks, your taste in music and food." 

I smirked back, "Well, I guess that means I'm the shit, then, right?"

He laughed, "It means you're the whole package."

I rolled my eyes, "The whole package?"

"Yep."

Mikey and I continued to joke as we walked into town. We went into the small village, with shops. I took Noah out and let him have a look around. Mikey packed up the stroller and was able to carry it on his back like a backpack; a gift from Brendan. 

Noah began to reach for a little tiger toy. I picked it up for him and gave it to him. I turned to the merchant, "How much for the tiger?"

The woman smiled, "$5."

I balanced Noah and reached Ito my pocket and handed the woman the 5 dollar bill I had. Mikey showed up next to me, and Noah showed him with a big smile.

"Whoa! Scary, baby boy." Mikey smiled back at him.

"Wanna hold him?"

Mikey nodded, trading Piggy's leash for Noah. We continued to walk looking around at the things around. We had a nice little walk and Noah kept close to Mikey as we did.

When we decided to return home, we put him in the stroller, and Noah instantly fell asleep. He wrapped his arms tightly around that little tiger. It was so cute.

"We made one cute little man." I said to Mikey once we got home and I was taking Noah out of his stroller.

"You're welcome." He replied in a smug time of voice.

"Ha-ha." I muttered sarcastically.

He laughed, "I was joking."

"I know, butthead."

I cradled Noah and took him to our bedroom to lie him in his crib. He kept a tight hold on that tiger. I kissed his forehead and returned to the living room.

•••

I had given notice at my job, and within the week, I was home full time with Noah. His test results were coming in that Friday, and Mikey made time from working with Gerard to come with us.

I was nervously bouncing my leg as Mikey drove us to the pediatrician. He had put a hand on my knee and I instantly relaxed. I looked at him and smiled, giving him a silent thank you. He then took my hand and squeezed it. My heart felt at a nice place, at a happy one.

Mikey carried in Noah, and we waited to be seen. It didn't take too long, and when we went into the room, Dr. Wormer smiled at us.

"Hello, Ms. Haley," He shook our hands, "You must be Mr. Way."

"Yep." Mikey sat with Noah on his lap.

"I see the resemblance in your son."

"Told you," Mikey smirked at me.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Alright," Dr. Wormer started, "Noah's test results came back, and everything is fine. Just as I expected; I would like to run a MRI scan today, to get a good look at his brain."

"What are you looking for?" Mikey asked.

"Any damage or trauma to any areas having to do with speech and memory." He explained.

"Would you be able to tell right away?" I asked.

"Not immediately, maybe after looking at it extensively."

"Then what?" Mikey asked next.

"We can help with some medication, exercises and some counseling centers when Noah begins pre-school. But, there isn't much we can do. We at least know what's wrong."

It tore me up that there wasn't much that could be done, but at least we knew. I was happy that it wasn't something worse.

After checking on other things with Noah's health, we went to the lab to have Noah's MRI. It would be a quick procedure that wouldn't hurt. He would just lie on a table, and and go through a small MRI machine. They put him to sleep, though, with a little gas mask.

Seeing it all was a lot more scary than it was. I held onto Mikey, feeling my heart and nerves rush. I was just afraid for him because he didn't understand.

After it was over, Dr. Wormer said he would call us the following day with results. I carried a sleeping Noah to the car and set him in his car seat as he began to stir awake.

"This went better than expected." Mikey said.

"Yeah." I murmured.

"He'll get better, M." Mikey said softly.

"I'm not sure if he will." I said in a whisper.

"Why?"

"Because, it just seems like something that will take years to fix and get use to. I don't want to pressure him to learn to speak, I'm happy to learn sign language and make his life as easy as possible. He shouldn't have to make things easier on us, we should do it for him."

Mikey nodded, "Yeah, you're right."

I felt myself start to cry, "I love him so much. I would trade places with him if I could."

Mikey leaned over, hugged me and kisses my forehead, "Me, too, M. Me, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a lot...so, can I expect a lot of comments? I hate begging, but I love to read what you guys think. You guys are wonderful!
There may be time jumps in the next chapter, but I'm unsure. I haven't written anything and I don't know what to write next. So, any ideas or comments are gladly welcomed. Excuse any mistakes, I am a terrible editor.

Thanks for reading :)