Just Like Heaven

Perfect

We didn't have the traditional honeymoon. Mikey and I spent our wedding night with our family. We wanted to cram in a lot of family time before he and the band got busy. 

So, we hung out with everyone, had dinner and had fun. We took a lot of pictures and played with Noah. Noah loved the attention he got from his grandparents, especially Mikey's dad. Don constantly swing Noah around until his cheeks hurt from how hard he was smiling. The entire night was fun.

Then, after we went home, we just tired out and went to sleep. The three of us, including Piggy crashed in our bed and fell asleep. It was such a nice start to our lives together.

•••

An entire year went by in a flash; everything was great. Noah was getting a hang of the sign language; he knew how to sign No and Yes. He mostly nodded or showed me a flash card. He's the smartest two year old I've ever known. 

I stayed home with him, while Mikey and Gerard did a lot of stuff with comics and their music. They were getting ready to release another album, so Mikey was busy a lot and he was also gone a lot. It was hard getting him on the phone, and Noah was always wanting to hear his voice.

Mikey missed a lot of things while he was gone. Noah took his first steps and I recorded it and sent it to Mikey. The first time Noah signed to me, Mikey wasn't there. But all I could do was forgive him, it wasn't his fault. I told this to Noah countless number of times, and all he did was nod and smile at me.

I supported Mikey in everything he did because it's his dream, his passion. I couldn't just tell him that his absence was bothering me and he should blow off whatever how band was doing. I didn't mind it, I tried not to let it bother me, but it did, and we missed him a lot.


After missing Noah's second birthday, Mikey finally got some time to come home for our first anniversary. I excitedly told this to Noah, who clapped happily. He smiled real big, because he understands me when I say "Daddy's coming home!".

It felt forever for the bus to pull up in front of our house. Noah looked put the window with Piggy, waiting for the bus. I took a picture and sent it to Mikey; "The kids are waiting for you."

A few minutes after I sent it, Piggy started to whine and Noah looked back at me. I heard the tour bus pull up before I saw it and Noah ran as fast as he could to the door, reaching for the knob. I went over and picked him up, then I opened the door. Piggy rushed out the door, Mikey got off the bus, carrying his duffle bag, and petted her. I rushed down the porch and met him, letting Noah wrap his arms around Mikey.

"Hey Baby Boy." Mikey murmured against his cheek, "Hey Morgan." 

I took Mikey's bag from him, "They missed you."

Noah laid his head against Mikey's shoulder, "I missed you guys too."

I helped him carry his bag in after he said bye to the guys. I set it down by the couch; he and Noah crashed immediately after Mikey kicked off his shoes. I smiled at them, the two of them looked so much alike, it's the cutest thing. 

"What's been going on?" Mikey said tiredly.

"Noah's naps are all messed up because he's so used to sleeping on you." I sat at the end of his feet while Piggy laid on the floor.

"Mine too." Mikey mumbled, "I'm so used to it, sometimes I can feel his heart beating, it's crazy."

"Maybe we should wean him from it?" I questioned curiously.

Mikey frowned, "I wish I could be here all the time, y'know. I don't want it to stop." Mikey rolled his hand up and down Noah's back as he fell asleep.

"It'll get better," I rubbed his knee, "Hey, I took Noah to sign him up for pre-school, and you should've seen how excited he got. I think he's gonna like going to school."

Mikey smiled sadly, "When does he start, next year?"

"Yep, after his 3rd birthday."

Mikey put his hand out to beckon me closer. I crawled over, letting him wrap his arm around me, "I'm sorry I missed his birthday."

"He was happy to hear your voice." I told him, "And your mom bought him that cute little big wheel."

"How'd he like it?"

I smiled, looking at my baby snoozing beside me, "I could barely get him off it."

"I told her to get it for him."

"He loves the colorful hoodies Gerard sent him."

"Yeah, we saw them at some obscure store in Texas and Gerard bought the lot of them."

"They're very nice and Noah loves them. He likes the colors."

"I got you a gift, too." Mikey said softly, "For our anniversary. Something spectacular."

I laughed, "I don't need a gift, Mikes. Having you here is enough."

We were silent a moment, when something came to mind. I bit at my bottom lip, "Mike?"

"Hmm?" He hummed softly.

"There is one thing I want." I spoke coyly.

"What?" He turned his head to me.

"I...um, I want to have another baby." 

Mikey furrowed his brows slightly, "Really?"

I hummed, "Yeah. I've been thinking about it a lot. We're married now, I just didn't know what you'd think."

Mikey's hand moved up and down my arm, "I want another one, too." 

"So, we can try?" I tugged at my bottom lip again.

"Yeah, M. The only thing I'm worried about is me always being gone."

I tweaked my lips, "Oh, yeah." 

"I want to be there every step of the way... I missed the beginning of your pregnancy with Noah, because I was being an idiot, and if we have another one, I want to be there for every appointment."

"I understand."

"The album isn't coming out till November, and after we'll be busy," he sighed, "We can have a baby, Morgan... Just kick my ass into shape if I'm not there." He gave a soft laugh.

"I will." I pecked his cheek.

"I hope we have a girl." He murmured a moment later, "We'll be perfect."

"Perfect?"

"In the traditional family sense; a boy and girl. A little Mikey and a little Morgan."

"I don't care what the sex will be, as long as they're healthy and look as cute as Noah, I'm all good."

Mikey smiled and placed his arm around my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't stop myself from awing every time I write a chapter of this story.