Just Like Heaven

Spaceboy

Our anniversary came two days after he arrived and he wanted me go out so he could prepare the house. I had shaken my head, but he insisted; "I have something romantic planned. Gimme a break." He smiled cheekily at me.

"Okay, where do you suppose I go?"

"Go shopping." Mikey shrugged.

"Thanks, that helps," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Just go," he smiled at me, "And after, take Noah to Gerard's, he, Frank and Ray are gonna watch him for us."

"Alright, but they know how to watch kids?" I jested.

"Gerard loves Noah, he knows what Noah likes. So, go, you're wasting precious baby making time."

I couldn't hide my smile, "I'm going." I grabbed my purse and Noah's diaper bag.

"Buy a nice dress, too." Mikey winked at me.

"Why? It's just gonna end up on our bedroom floor." I smirked at him.

"But, taking it off is half the fun." Mikey leaned forward and kissed me.

"Fine, you win." I grumbled.

Mikey picked Noah up from his high chair, cleaning the Cheerios from his face and took his bib off. He kissed Noah on the cheek, "You'll be bad for your Uncle Gee?"

Noah looked at Mikey, nodding quickly. Mikey kissed his cheek again, "Good boy, Noah. Give them hell."

Mikey handed Noah off to me and helped me to the car. I placed Noah in his car seat and buckled him in; I turned to Mikey and kissed him, "I'll be back soon."

"Gimme two hours." 

"Dammit." I grumbled again.

"C'mon, those two hours will fly by, babe," He led me to the driver side door of my car, "Now, go on and find something nice to wear."

I opened the door, "If you insist. Love you."

He pecked my lips quickly, "Love you." Mikey then started towards the passenger side, the back seat and waved at Noah, "Bye baby boy."

Noah waved to him as I started to car and began to pull out.


I strolled Noah around the mall, looking for a dress. I found one fairly quickly; it was short, black with a plunging midriff. Noah liked it, he had nodded when I asked him if I looked pretty in it; I had tried it on in the dressing room.

"This is all daddy's getting." I muttered to him.

Noah's silent laugh was something that always made me smile. It was a little noise, but it was more than I could ask for from him. 

After I redressed, I went and paid for the dress, then I took Noah around the mall to various stores. I bought him a stuffed alligator he had his eye on; it was a tiny thing, but it was big for him. He let me carry it in the store bag, and he held my hand as we walked around the mall.

After a while, I got Noah some ice cream, and sat him on my lap as I fed him. I called Gerard, then, to ask if he had fireworks; with it being 4th of July.

"Frank just brought over a whole bunch. I can't wait for the boy to get here." Gerard laughed.

"The boy? Are you really trying to find a nickname for Noah?"

"Well, Mikey won't let me call him No-No!"

I giggled myself, "Because that sounds crazy."

"Well, then, he's the boy! Or Space Boy, after my character from TUA."

"Space Boy..." I shook my head, "No, I like The Boy better. Number 5 kicks ass." Noah looked up at me and shook his head, "Sorry baby." It was his way of telling me not to cuss.

I told you he's a smart kid.

"Fine, he's the Boy. When are you bringing him?"

"After we finish this ice cream...so like 30 minutes."

I hung up with Gerard and finished feeding Noah his ice cream. I cleaned up his face, then I took his hand and we left the mall. I gave him his alligator, he clutched it tightly, pressing his head against it.

"You like it baby? You aren't scared of it?" Noah shook his head vigorously, "Scare uncle Gee with it, okay?"

Noah giggled his silent laugh and nodded. I brushed my fingers through his long, messy, dark brown hair. It was getting longer, almost past his shoulders; I was afraid to have it cut, because it's so cute. Noah usually puts a hat over it when he doesn't want me to comb it. I try to tame it as often as I could.

I got into the driver side and pulled out of the parking lot. Often, when I was driving, I would look back to make sure Noah was okay; when I looked back, I saw him snoozing with the alligator and his thumb in his mouth. I smiled at my baby and turned back to the road.

When I got to Gerard's, I made sure Noah was still asleep as I unbuckled him and carried him up to the door. I knocked hurriedly, then Gerard opened the door, "Damn, I thought he'd be awake."

I walked in, "I'm gonna wake him before I leave." 

"Cute alligator." Gerard chuckled as I laid Noah on the love seat. 

"He picked it out." I stood, that's when I saw Ray and Frank, and their wives, Jamia and Christa, "Oh, hi guys."

"Hi, Hey." They all greeted one by one.

"Gee, you're on your own?" I joked.

He frowned, "I have Noah." He stuck his tongue out at me.

I pinched his cheek, "I'm joking, Gerard."

He pouted at me, "You and Mikey are always making fun of me."

"And, if Noah could talk, I bet he'd make fun of you too."

He huffed and rolled his eyes, "Not uh! He would be on my side, I'm his favorite uncle."

"Tell that to Brendan." I smirked.

"You're not invited over anymore." Gerard stomped his foot like a child.

I helped raise my nephew, so I know how to act childish, "I don't care, your house smells anyway."

Everyone laughed at us, and Gerard grinned, pulling me into a hug, "You don't mean that."

I hugged him back, "Of course I do."

He looked at me and frowned, "Get outta here before I have to physically take you out."

I shook my head and turned to Noah, to wake him. I sat beside him and shook his arm a bit. "Noah, babe, wake up."

He peeked his eyes opened, then yawned. I threaded my hand through his hair, "Mommy's gonna go, okay?" He nodded, then looked over to find Gerard, "Uncle Gee is right there. You guys are gonna light fireworks."

Noah sat up, smiling lazily, just like Mikey. He put his alligator on his lap, then hugged me. I hugged him back, "Be careful, and if you can help it, try and be good."

Gerard scowled at me, causing Noah to smile at him. Gerard returned the smile, "Oh my God, he's so damn cute." He muttered.

I got up, kissing his forehead, "I love you, baby." He tried his best to sign it back to me and I kissed his cheek.

"Take care of my baby." I told them.

"We'll try." Gerard waved at me.

I waved back, and blew a kiss to Noah. He waved back to me and beckond Gerard to pick him up. I knew he was gonna have Gerard running around.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I like Spaceboy by the Smashing Pumpkins enough to have made a reference. Luna is my favorite song.
Okay, enough blabber, what do you think?