Just Like Heaven

Cheesy

Everyone seemed just as happy as we were that we were expecting another little baby. Gerard was probably the most excited about it. As soon as we told him, he bum-rushed me into a hug.

It was nice that everyone was supportive; my own family couldn't wait, and of course my brother made jokes. I would roll my eyes at the stupid comments he made, but I knew he was just busting my chops. My mom had even wanted to come out and look after me and Noah when Mikey would have to leave again.

That's what sucked most about the fact that I was pregnant again. Mikey would be gone and I would have to calm Noah down. Noah was all smiles when Mikey was home, and he was happy about the fact he was going to be a big brother. But, any time the topic of Mikey leaving would slip up, Noah would start to cry and clung himself to Mikey. We tried our best to soothe him whenever he would have these fits, because it was close to him leaving again.


It was late in September when Mikey and I went to see my obstetrician; Paula volunteered to watch Noah while we gone. Mikey's leg bounced as we waited in the examine room. He looked so funny with his sunglasses and the jittery way he bit at his lip.

"Calm down, rock star." I laughed at him.

He took his sunglasses off, "Can't help it."

"We're just going to go over the usual, routine things." I dumb it down for him.

Mikey smiled lazily at me, "I know."

I smiled back at him; things between us were a lot better. Mikey had his emotions under control, but I worried about his emotions when he would leave. I kept a watchful eye on him, making sure he took his medication.

"Are you okay?" I asked him sincerely.

He nodded, "Yeah, I'm great. I'm kinda bummed I'm gonna miss your birthday."

I rolled my eyes, "No big deal, I'm old anyway."

"You aren't old," He said with a small laugh, "How old are you?"

My jaw slacked, "You don't know how old I am?"

"You're gonna be 27." He stood and leaned beside me on the examination table.

"You did remember!" I joked, "I'm getting old."

"I'm 30; we ain't old." He kissed my temple.

"Says you." I leaned over and pecked his lips.

Mikey smiled at me, brushing his lips against mine. I smiled back, I loved how close we were. Just as I was gonna kiss him again, the doctor came in; damn.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Way," Dr. Price smiled at us; she was such a nice woman, "How are you?"

Mikey sat beside me, "We're good." I answered.

"You're expecting again," She stated, mostly to herself, "And, last month you did some test, and everything came back normal." She smiled at us.

"That's good," I said to myself.

"You're about 16 weeks along..." She went on, reading over my chart, "Let's get to the ultrasound, shall we?"

I followed Dr. Price's lead and did as she instructed. Mikey sat beside me, watching the screen after it was wheeled in, and kissed my hand. Once the ultrasound screen was on, and the gel was on my small bump, there was that familiar gushing, pumping sound of our baby's heart.

"What's that noise?" Mikey asked Dr. Price.

"That's the baby's heart," She told him, then pointed to the screen, "There is the baby's little form. They're quite small." She smiled at us, "And, the baby is growing just fine."

My belly was small for me being a bit over 3 months; with Noah was farther out. This baby was small and my belly was only a tiny bit round. You couldn't tell I was pregnant unless you really looked.

Anyway, I looked at Mikey as he listened; that smile was priceless. It was something I wouldn't trade for the world.

"Wow." He muttered, "That's really their heart?"

I nodded, "Yep."

The gushing, light pounding sound ended soon after. Dr. Price printed the pictures for us and I cleaned up the gel from my stomach. Mikey was still in awe as I button my jeans up.

"When will we know the sex?" Mikey asked her.

"In about 2-3 months." Dr. Price informed him as she handed over the sonogram pictures.

"Thank you, Dr. Price." I told her as we began to leave.

"You're welcome, stay healthy, Morgan."

We waved to her, then Mikey interlaced our fingers and led me out. He kept his sunglasses in his hoodie pocket as he looked over the sonogram picture. I decided to drive because he was in an obvious trance over them.

"Morgan," Mikey said suddenly as I pulled out of the parking lot, "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded, looking at him, then at the road, "Yeah, what's up?"

"Would you have laughed at me if I cried in there?"

I bit back a smile, "No. Why would you cry, though?"

He gave a small sigh, I saw him run his neck, "It's gonna sound so damn cheesy," he muttered, "But, man... That was beautiful, M. I can't believe I heard our baby's heart beat."

I sucked in my bottom lip, smiling and holding back a giggle. I wasn't making fun of Mikey, I was just really happy he felt the way he did; "It is beautiful, Mikey. You don't have to be afraid to cry," I took his hand in mine, "It's an amazing thing; we're having another baby."

Mikey grinned, kissing my cheek, "Thanks, Morgan. I can't wait till our baby is born."

"Me either." I pecked his lips quickly and kept my eyes back on the road.

We drove in comfortable silence to Paula's to pick Noah up. Mikey kept a nice grip on my hand, keeping me close to him. I knocked on Paula's door, hearing her laugh, then the door opened.

"Hey, your kid is killing me!" She smiled as she let us in.

"What's he doing?" I asked; I saw Noah jumping on her couch and playing with her fiancée Greg, "Noah, baby!" I called to him.

Noah stopped jumping, then jumped off the couch and ran to us. I picked him up, "Hey babe!" I kissed his cheek, "I missed you."

Noah signed to me; "Miss you."

I kissed his cheek again, Mikey let leaned over, "Hey, little dude, you wanna see your baby brother or sister?"

"Let me see!" Paula whined, pulling me towards her couch.

Mikey and I sat down, in the love seat with Noah. We each said hello to Greg. Paula whined again, we all laughed, "Let me see!"

"The baby is small." Mikey told her as he handed off the ultrasound pictures to her.

Paula showed Greg, "Aw!" She smiled, "I remember when Noah was this big."

Noah looked at me with a confused look; "Auntie Paula means when you were in mommy's tummy, like the baby." He made a face, hopping off into Mikey's lap.

"Have you guys thought of names?" Greg asked.

"We haven't thought of much," Mikey explained, "I'm so busy, we've been doing everything slow."

"I'm throwing another baby shower," Paula announced.

"Of course," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"What're you guys hoping for?" Greg looked over the ultrasound before giving them back to Mikey.

"I want another boy." Mikey said with a smug grin.

I shook my head, "As cliche as it sounds, I don't care what the sex is, as long as they're healthy and... They're as cute as Noah."

Paula smirked, "Look at the genetics. Morgan, you're gorgeous..." She gave a once over at Mikey, "You're kinda cute."

I laughed, Mikey frowned, "You're crazy." I told her.

"I'm just saying... Besides, Noah is freaking adorable."

Noah looked at her and smiled.

We continued our visit with Paula and Greg for another 15 minutes before we left. Noah was tired out and fell asleep in his cars seat. Mikey picked him up when we returned home and put him in his bed.

I went and took my shoes off, then went to get a snack. I heard Mikey come in and wrap his arms around me; "Hey."

I laughed, "Hey yourself." I leaned my back closer to him.

"I still got 3 days before I leave," he kissed at the back of my ear, "Want to..." He trailed.

"I don't want to wake Noah up." I told him softly.

"You just got to be quiet." He chuckled.

"You know what I really wanna do?" He hummed, "I want to talk about the things we got to do to prepare for the baby."

I felt his lips turn up against my neck, "Alright, that sounds cool."

I pulled myself from him, grabbed an orange and took his hand. I led Mikey to the living room, and sat down with him.

"I really think we need to get a bigger place." I told him, "This house is alright, but since my family visits, we need an extra bedroom."

Mikey nodded, "You sure? I was thinking the same, but I didn't know if you wanted to move. Plus, that's one of the biggest stress factors."

"I was thinking that, or I could get a loan to add another room to the house."

Mikey tweaked his lips, "What do you want?"

"I'd rather add on than move." I told him.

"Alright, I'll make some calls tomorrow and we can get this stuff started. You and Noah can hang at Gerard's while everything is being done."

I smiled, leaning over to hug him, "Have I told you how much I love you?"

Mikey gave a soft laugh, "Nope."

I gave an eye roll, "I love you to pieces, Mikey." I kissed him, "I love, love, love, love, LOVE you."

Mikey kissed me back, lingering, "I love you to death, M." He pulled me onto his lap.

I looked at him with a smile on my face, combing my hand through his messy hair, "How do you feel babe?" I asked curiously.

"I feel great," He answered softly, "I ain't even bothered about leaving... I am sad, but I can conquer it."

I smiled, "Conquer it, eh?"

He nodded, "Yep, all thanks to you."

"Don't thank me, I'm just looking out for you."

I pecked his lips again, causing him to linger for more. I smirked and let him kiss me. His hands squeezed at my hips, he broke away, "Can we mess around?"

"Mikey, I don't want to wake Noah." I turned my lips down mockingly.

"Just be quiet." He pushed me back on the couch, gently and straddled me, "Bite your lip."

"It's impossible." I grumbled, "And we shouldn't do it on the couch anyway."

"Why?"

"Because, Noah's like a ninja, we won't hear him until he's like right beside us or something. I don't want to traumatized our baby."

Mikey smirked, then started to kiss at my neck, "You know," he kissed softly between words, "You're being a real kill joy."

I stifled back a moan, "And you're being unfair." I countered, brushing my fingers up and down his spine.

"I'll take you to our room and lock the door, alright?" Mikey sat up and in a swift movement put me over his shoulder.

I let out a small yelp, "Oh my God. You're really that horny?"

"Yes." He answered as he carried me down the hall, "Now, be quiet so Noah doesn't hear us."