Just Like Heaven

Back On Track

The next morning, Mikey had gotten up early and went to talk to Noah. I sat back, listening to Mikey apologize and explain how taking his pills made him feel unlike himself. Noah tried to speak, sounding out words and stammering through sentences. Mikey had calmed him down a bit, and Noah was grateful; he also accepted Mikey's apology and gave him a hug.

I felt a little better about everything, Noah wasn't afraid of Mikey. I was glad that he was able to speak to him.

When I went over and sat with them, Mikey was teaching Noah the baby's names we had picked out. Noah smiled at me; "Mommy... I say Jacob," He spoke slowly, "And El-O-Ees."

I smiled back at him and kissed his  forehead, "I'm so proud of you, Baby Boy!"

"Daddy helpled." Noah explained, "He's... Happy."

Mikey gave me a small, sheepish smile, "Is he?" I gave Mikey a smirk.

Noah nodded, and Mikey spoke, "I am. I'm always happy when I'm with you guys."

I smiled at him, "I'm glad we make you happy, Mikey."

Mikey pulled me over to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Noah jumped in Mikey's lap, then pressed his ear to my belly. His little hand rubbed around the small bump.

"I... I can hear it." Noah again sounded out the words.

"You can hear baby?" Mikey asked him.

Noah looked up and nodded his head. I giggled softly, "What does it sounds like?"

"Daddy... Listen." He jumped off of Mikey's lap and pointed to my bump.

Mikey chuckled, scooted back and then leaned over to press his ear to my bump. I shook my head, still giggling; "I hear it! It sounds like beating." Mikey spoke in a funny time of voice.

Noah's eyes seemed to light up; he's too cute. I was glad that he's so hands on with me having a baby. It made it easy for me, and I knew that there would be a strong bond once the baby was born.

•••

Mikey spent the entire day with Noah; the two drew, talked and Mikey taught him some more words to say. I watched them, and I happily spread the news to my mom and brother. Of course, Brendan made jokes, but I knew it was because he didn't want to show his true emotions about it. My mom cried, which made me start crying; it was a big mess.

In the afternoon, Gerard came over, and he was shocked when Noah went running to him screaming Uncle Gee. Gerard had been stuck in place, his jaw slacked and he gave us shocked looks.

"When the heck did this happen?" Were his words.

Mikey explained it shortly, just bits of it, and that seemed to satisfy him. Gerard was overly happy with this news and made Noah talk his ear off. Gerard even suggested that Noah spend the night with him; I didn't object, we didn't mind him going over Gee's for the night.

Mikey had a day and half before he was to leave; I kinda wanted to spend alone time with him. So, I got some clothes ready for Noah, his alligator and Mikey out Noah's car seat in Gerard's car.

I picked Noah up, kissing his face repeatedly, hearing him giggle, "I love you, cutie pie."

He giggled still, "I love you." He murmured between his laugh.

I zipped up his hoodie and handed him off to Gerard, "Make sure he's warm."

"I will." Gerard told me, "Don't trip."

I kissed Noah's cheek, Mikey ruffled his hair and kissed his head. "Be careful." Mikey warned him.

"I will, geez!" Gerard exasperated.

"Bye daddy, bye mommy." Noah waved as Gerard started out the door.

I waved, blowing him a kiss. Mikey and I watched them from the door; watching Gerard pull away once Noah was safely in his car seat. Mikey closed the door, locked it and turned to me.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked him.

"I just want to lie with you, M." Mikey exhaled and wrapped his arms around my middle.

"That sounds great." I smiled at him, kissing his bottom lip.

Mikey led me to our bed, and removed his clothing, aside from his boxers, as did I. Then, he pulled the blanket back and let me climb in first, he followed in after. Mikey put his arm around my shoulder, I lifted my hand to hold his in mine. We were both silent, both very comfortable; I finally felt like I should talk to Mikey about when he was going to come back. I wanted to make sure about things.

"Mikey, I really need you to keep up with your medication." I said to him; I kept my eyes adverted towards the ceiling.

Mikey nodded, "Yeah, I know... I will."

"I don't like these mood swings," I finally looked at him, "You can always talk to another doctor, y'know."

"I understand, M. I can hang on until next month," He took in a deep breath and then exhaled, "I really need to get my head straight... Especially after talking with Noah; I can't believe how smart his is."

I saw a smile spread across his face, "He is smart. I can't believe it either, I'm very proud of him."

"Me too. I love him, M. I never knew how amazing it would be to have kids."

"I'm glad you feel that way." I leaned up and pecked the underside of his jaw.

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk these past couple of weeks."

"It's okay, Mike, I understand. As long as you're getting better ad you're trying."

"Trying for you, Noah and the baby."

I smiled at the thought of the baby, "Man, I cannot wait for the baby to get here."

He chuckled, "Me either! I want to know it it's a boy or a girl, and who they'll look like."

"It's all worth the wait. I just hope I don't have the baby during rush hour traffic again."

"The week you're due, I am not leaving your side." Mikey kissed the top of my head.

"Better not." I warned jokingly.

He laughed softly, "I promise.