Just Like Heaven

Kay!

This was my second time actually celebrating Christmas, and the first time I would get a tree. I had Paula and Greg over to help get the tree and set it up. Seth had come over to help too; I was happy to see him, he had been quite busy with his new job. 

After we had the tree set up, Paula accompanied me and Noah to Target to buy ornaments for it. We were late with the tree decorating thing, but Noah didn't seem to mind. He liked the later aspect, after everyone else had done it, that way he got to pick the stuff thy was restocked and on sale. My kid is a riot. He loves going towards the little sale bins and looking at the kooky stuff.

"So, a little girl," Paula murmured to me, "Little Eloise at the Plaza."

I laughed, letting Noah lead the way, "We're naming her after the Cure song: Letter to Eloise."

"You and Mikey are so weird." She shook her head, "But, I cannot deny that it's a pretty cute name. I can't wait until I have babies. I'm all jealous of you!"

I laughed, "It'll be worth it when you have your own. I love babies, I was kind of afraid when I first found out I was pregnant with Noah, remember? Now, I can't wait to have a third."

Paula exasperated, "Geez, wait until this one is done cookin'!"

"I'm just saying," I told her, "I want to wait a little while, a couple years, after this baby. Maybe when they're in school."

"Mikey excited as you?"

I grinned, "He is," Noah stopped us by the big isle of ornaments and let go of my hand, "I love seeing him with Noah, it's like he becomes this super dad." I kept my eye on as he looked at the ornaments.

"What'd he say about the baby being a girl?"

"He's terrified about the day she'll start dating." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Paula laughed, "That man. He does know she isn't coming out the womb a teenager, right?" 

"He's just being funny." I excused it.

I watched Noah pick the ornaments he wanted while Paula and I continued to converse about the baby. After Noah picked what he wanted, I put them in the car Paula was pushing, "You wanna ride in the cart?" I asked him.

"No," He took my hand, "I like your hand, mommy."

Paula cooed, "Aww! I want a baby now!"

"You better tell Greg."

"I am. We plan to start after we married."

"Ooh, I can't wait for the play dates." I joked.

"You are totally baby sitting for me." She countered.

"Once you have a baby, you won't want anyone to watch them." I told her.

"I bet." She shook her head, "I remember you wouldn't let Noah in his crib when he was first born."

"I was afraid, you know." I pointed that out.

"But, it's cute. You're such a natural, Morgan. You need to give me pointers."

I laughed softly, "We'll see."

We continued shopping a bit longer; getting wrapping paper. I had to wrap Noah's presents still; Mikey and I went all out during Black Friday. We just wanted to give Noah the stuff we didn't as kids; I knew he was gonna flip when he saw all the gifts.

We returned home, and Paula left soon after. I put the wrapping paper on the kitchen table and got the ornaments to open them. Noah sat on the couch, waiting excitedly; "You gotta be careful, okay? I'm gonna put the lights on."

Noah nodded and continued to watch me. He hummed softly, "Mommy is Santa gonna come?"

"Yep, babe, on Christmas."

"Max?" 

I looked at him, but turned back to wrap the lights around the tree, "No, sorry baby. Uncle Brendan doesn't celebrate Christmas like us."

"Why?"

"It's hard to explain." I told him truthfully, "I didn't celebrate Christmas until you were born."

He gasped dramatically, causing me to laugh, "No presents?"

"Nope, we never got presents."

"You bad?" He asked with honest concern that made me smile.

"I wasn't bad, Santa knew that we didn't celebrate Christmas."

Noah nodded, "I get you presets, 'kay?"

I giggled, "Okay, baby boy."

I finished the lights a few minutes later, "Come on over here, baby."

Noah got up, rushing towards the tree and I got in my knees beside him, "I want Spongebob here!" 

I handed him the Spongebob ornament first, showing him the string, "You hang it like this, real careful."

Noah hummed, gingerly hanging the ball. I gave him another, helping him. I got up to get the candy canes, "You can handle it?" 

"Yes mommy." He grabbed a ornament, "See." He placed it carefully on the tree, higher up, too.

"Good job!" I kissed his head, "I'll be right back."

I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the candy canes. I returned to the living room, and began to hang some of the ornaments up higher. "Hang up some candy canes, baby boy."

Noah nodded, "Kay." He grabbed a few and went to work.

I hung some ornaments around the tree, then my phone started to ring. "Get that, Noah."

He hummed and bounced towards the coffee table. "Hi?"

I giggled at the way he answered. I turned and started over to him.

"Daddy! I miss you! We got a tree!" Noah informed him in a happy tone, "Kay...Mommy, here." Noah gave me the phone, then went back to the tree.

"Hey, what's up?" I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, uh, I'm coming home." Mikey said shortly.

"You are?" I was slightly confused, "The shows got cancelled or something?"

He sighed heavily, "No... I had a breakdown, M."

I furrowed my brows, "Are you alright, Mikey?"

"No, I'm not."

"How and when are you coming home? I wanna come get you." I told him quickly.

"We were in Texas. I'm getting on a plane right now. I should be home in a few hours."

"I'll come get you, alright?"

"Thanks." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Mike. I love you." I told him sincerely.

"I love you, too, M." He exhaled.

"Have a good flight. Rest."

"I will."

With that, he hung up. I coursed my hair, feeling a little stressed about Mikey. I wondered what had happened.

I went over to Noah, "Hey baby boy, daddy's coming home."

He let out a little squeal, "Uncle Gee too?"

"No, just daddy."

"Why?" He frowned a little.

"Daddy is sick and he needed to come home."

"I make him soup." Noah announced this.

"We'll make him soup after we pick him up in a few hours." I told him.

"Kay!" He went back to putting candy canes around the tree.
♠ ♠ ♠
Curve ball?
Thoughts? Do you believe Mikey will be okay?
Only asking your guys' opinion because you guys are clever as fuck!
Thanks for reading, you wonderful MFers :D

xo ali