Just Like Heaven

The Cure

"Whoa!" His brother said with a laugh.

I hopped off Mikey and button my blouse back up and Mikey zipped his jeans up; "Gee! Fuckin' knock next time! Goddammit!"

His brother laughed still, going over to the kitchen, "Sorry, could've told me you had a date."

"I don't need to tell you anything, it's my apartment!" Mikey had stood and lent his hand out to me, "You can go upstairs, I'll be over soon."

I nodded heading towards the door, but then, I felt a hand on my arm, "Wait, don't leave." It was his brother who grabbed me gently, I turned to him, "I'm Gerard." He let my arm go and stuck his hand out.

I smiled softly, "I'm Morgan." I shook his hand.

Gerard smiled back, crossing his arms once I let go, "Nice to meet you. My little brother is very vague when it comes to the new love interest in his life. I haven't heard a thing about you, since I've arrived."

I shrugged, looking over at Mikey, "Ditto."

Gerard looked at Mikey, "And by that glare, he wants me to shut up." He chuckled and focused back on me, "I'll see you later, before I leave, hopefully."

"Yeah, sure." I waved and opened the door, "See ya."

Gerard waved and out the door I went. I couldn't help but wonder if Mikey didn't really like me. I thought maybe he just wanted me to be a fling...a secret he didn't want anyone to know about. I was a bit sad about the thought, but I shook it from my mind. It couldn't be it...hopefully.

I got upstairs and went to change out of my work clothes. Within 15 minutes, there was a knock on my door. I smiled to myself as I went to the door, opening it slowly; Mikey stood there, giving me a small smile as well.

"Sorry about that..." He said as I let him in.

"It's okay, your brother is nice." 

Mikey just chuckled, "Yeah I know. So, you wanna head out? I got an idea on a cool date."

The reassurance that Mikey did like me filled my body. He did want to spend time with me, in public and he didn't care. 

"Yeah, I'm ready."

Mikey took my hand and led me out of my apartment. I followed behind, to the parking lot and to his car.

•••

"All right, there is this cement wall in the park, that has graffiti on it," Mikey held my hand and led me through the park; the sun was setting, and I wondered exactly how long we had left before it got dark, "I wanna write on it with you."

"With what?" I asked raising my brow slightly.

Mikey smiled, "Chalk."

I giggled, following him to this big cement wall. Lots of gang graffiti was on it, very graphic. I frowned at it; I usually like spray painted art, but this wasn't art. It was trash.

"Here," Mikey pulled out a pack of Crayola color chalk, "I'm gonna use yellow, it's bright."

"Red for me." I took out the red and followed him up to the wall.

The sun was peeking down, but we could still see. Mikey started to draw a massive, colored in smiley face. I did a heart, then some more scribbles, over the trashy graffiti; then, I began to write music lyrics, lots of the Cure.

Mikey came up beside me and smiled, he lifted his hand and began to write. I watched his long fingers grip the yellow chalk, spelling out lyrics to Friday, I'm In Love. 

"I don't care if Monday's black, Tuesday, Wednesday, heart attack, Thursday never looking back, Friday, I'm in love." I sang along.

Mikey chuckled, "It's my favorite."

I began to write underneath his. Mikey stood beside me still, reading it, "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick. The one that makes me scream, the one that makes me laugh. Show me how you do it, and I promise I'll run away with you. I'll run away with you."

I blushed like mad when I faced him. He kept his smile up, and wrote under mine; "Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you." I read aloud.

The both of seemed to shy to speak after. I reached over and took Mikey's hand in mine, he started to write again; MH + MW, in the heart that I made. I was truly falling harder for Mikey.


It was 9 when we returned to the apartment complex. Mikey and I had such a wonderful night, I didn't want it to end. The overwhelming feeling to be close with this man made me quiver.

"I don't want this night to end," he said softly as we approached the entry, "I hope I don't come off as too much of a pervert." He joked.

"No. Actually, I was thinking the same."

"We can watch movies...Die Hard?" He gave me a cheeky smile and I nodded.

"Sure."

Mikey and I went to his apartment, and he ran in to get the movie. He didn't want to watch it at his, because his brother was there, and he didn't want us to be interrupted or bothered. I was okay with it, and took his hand again, and we walked up to my apartment.

I started some popcorn for us, making it the way he liked and then I went to change into my pajamas. Mikey grinned at me in my ghostbusters jammies; "It's one of my favorite movie." I gave a lame shrug.

Mikey still smiled, "It's cool...and they're cute. I love Ghostbusters."

"Wanna watch it after? I have the collector's edition." I sat beside him.

"Y'know, Morgan, you're something else."

I blushed, "Good or bad?"

"It's great." Mikey pecked my lips and looked me over for a moment, "I really like you."

My cheeks continued to burn, "I like you, too."

He rubbed his neck, looking down, "I haven't done this in ages," he spoke to himself, then he gazed at me, "Are we...are you my girlfriend?"

I bout exploded then, "Only if you want me to be."

He gave a big sigh of relief, "Oh, yeah. Yeah, you're mine." He laughed softly and kissed me again, he pulled away slowly, "I get to do this whenever I want, right?"

I nodded, "Of course." I kissed him back; funny thing is, we never French kissed heavily, and it didn't start now. I didn't mind, it was all the same to me.

Again, we kissed heatedly until he pulled away, reluctantly, "We gotta watch the movie," he said with regret.

"Do we really have to?" I whined.

He chuckled, "No, but it'll make awesome background noise to when we start making out."

The look in his eyes made my entire body tingle with excitement, "Well, what're you waitin' for?" 

He laughed, got up and started to movie. I grabbed my black throw blanket, pulled it over us and snuggled against Mikey. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely cheesy, but I love it.
I've been on a big Cure fix lately, and it's driving my mom and my friends crazy.
Speaking if which, I think I'm gonna change the title of the story, so don't freak out if you get a notification to a whole different story, it's just this one.
I'm gonna change it to Just Like Heaven; do you like it?
I am in love with that song.

Anyways, as always, you are amazing for taking your precious time and wasting a few minutes to read this. Thank you :)

xo ali