Just Like Heaven

Birthday

On Noah's birthday, Mikey got up first, to go meet with Gerard at the tattoo parlor. Noah had gotten up in the middle of the night and climbed into bed with us. When Mikey got up, Noah had attached himself to Mikey's neck.

I rolled over and laughed, "That's so cute. Let me take a picture." I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of Noah hanging onto Mikey while he slept. 

"I have to go." Mikey mumbled tiredly.

"No daddy." Noah squeezed his arms tighter around him.

"It's a surprise." Mikey told him, "For your birthday, baby boy."

Noah let go of Mikey reluctantly, "Kay. You come back?"

Mikey nodded, "I'll be back before you know it."

"Kay." Noah kissed Mikey's cheek and slumped back into the bed with me.

Me and Noah cuddled, curling beneath the covers and had Mikey turn the TV on. He had laughed and done it, then came over to my side, "I'll be back in a few hours." 

"Don't forget to wrap a bow around your wrist." I whispered to him.

He chuckled, "We'll see." He kissed my lips quickly, "I'm gonna shower."

Me and Noah watched cartoons while Mikey washed up; "Mom I get presents?"

"Yep, you get presents today."

He hummed, "Can we see El-Oh-Ees today?"

I nodded, "If you want to, baby."

It wasn't uncommon for Mikey and I to take Noah to Eloise's grave whenever he asked. He would sit and talk to her for a little bit and we were okay with that. 

"I'll take you when daddy leaves."

Noah snuggled closer to me, "Kay."

Mikey finished his shower and came out and dressed quickly. His phone started to ring; "Hey Gee, I'm comin'." 

Mikey came over to the bed and slipped his shoes on, "I love you." He kissed my and Noah's foreheads.

"Love you." We both said with a laugh.

We waved to Mikey as he left after grabbing his wallet and keys.

After a little while of watching cartoons, we got up and I gave Noah a bath, then I took a quick shower and dressed. I gave Noah some cereal, then we left. I kinda hoped that Mikey would return home before we did so he could set up Noah's drum set in his room. I am so glad that his walls are soundproof, incase we did have another baby, Noah could still play while the baby slept.

Once we got to the cemetery, I let Noah out and he quickly sped up the grass towards her stone. He knew the whole yard like the back of his hand; Mikey and I had taught him the sight and the ways to get to and from our car. I followed behind him, and met him at her headstone where he sat and began to talk to her. I sat beside him, keeping my long skirt beneath my legs to keep from flying up in the low winds. I placed my hand on Noah's back and he continued to talk and talk.

We stayed for a little over an hour, it was early in the afternoon, then we started to leave. Noah took my hand, leading the way back to the car. "I told El I go to school soon." 

"I know babe. You can't wait to go, huh?"

"I wanna go soon!" He jumped up and down excitedly.

"You will, don't worry."

I strapped him back in and drove him on home. Just as I pulled up, Mikey, Gerard and my mom arrived. Noah jumped excitedly in his seat, I parked and as soon as I let him out he ran to Mikey and Gerard. I followed behind him, greeting my mom; "Hey."

"Hey, where did you guys go?"

"I took Noah to see Eloise."

My mom gave me a sad smile, "That's nice."

"He likes talking to her, y'know."

My mom went to say something else when Noah shouted for me, "Mommy! Look!"

I went over to where Gerard was holding Noah. Mikey showed him his wrist; Noah squealed, "Mommy! Mommy, it's my name!"

I looked at Mikey's wrist and smiled, "It's nice."

"You like it?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah, it's amazing."

"Don't show her your chest." Gerard snickered.

My smiled dropped, "Your chest?"

Mikey gave me a sly grin, "You'll see later."

"Oh God, please tell me you didn't." I crossed.

He just smiled, "I told you, M, you'll see later."

After going inside I was really tempted to go over to Mikey and rip his shirt off. I hoped that he didn't tattoo my name on him. It just seemed to weird to do, and it bothered me for some reason. 

I put it out of my mind once my mom picked my brother and Max up from the airport. I was glad to see them, they were staying permanently; Brendan was gonna go house hunting with me and mom the next day. I was surprised to see that they bought gifts for Noah; Brendan doesn't like to celebrate holidays either.

"You didn't have to." I told Brendan.

"You bought Max stuff all the time." He told me, "Plus, Max picked this out for Noah."

I hugged Max, "Thank you, Maxie." I kissed his forehead.

"Ew, Auntie M." He grumbled, "I'm older now, no more kisses!"

"You're never too old for a kiss from your Aunt, so accept it." He chuckled and went to play with Noah.

"So, how are you holding up? I'm sorry about your baby." Brendan spoke quietly to me.

"Thanks, but I'm okay. Noah has been helping me and Mikey through it, he's been so great."

"That kid is adorable." Brendan nudged his head over to Max and Noah who were play fighting with the plastic swords Max bought him.

"He's the greatest gift I could ever ask for." I smiled.

"Have you guys talked about having more? I mean, I'm just asking because I know how much you love kids."

"We did, but nothing right away." I explained, "Noah is our main focus, but he was really looking forward to being a big brother. He just wants someone to share his little world with."

Brendan tweaked his lips, "I understand. Remember Max was the same way? I was glad that you were around to play with him."

I laughed, "That's because he's only 10 years younger than me."

Brendan laughed, "He's growing up too. Next year he's going to music school in Berkley."

"Already? Damn, we're old."

"God, I know."

Me ad Brendan continued to talk for a bit, until Paula and Greg showed up. I hugged Paula and thanked them for the gift; "Where's my little man?"

I laughed, "He's sword fighting with Max in the hall."

Paula went to get him, she set his gift on the coffee table. Greg went over and talked with Mikey; Seth showed up a minute later, he had a large gift; "Oh no." I said with a smile.

"It's an art set, don't worry." Seth said with a grin.

"He better not draw on the walls."

"He won't, its got everything, M."

"Thanks for comin', y'know." I hugged him.

"You're welcome. I love that litte dude."

Seth set the gift on the table with Paula's and joined Mikey and Greg. Finally everyone was there and it was time for Noah to blow out his candles. I grabbed Noah and sat him on my lap as Mikey brought the cake in with the candles lit. They began to sing to him and he giggled, shyly hiding his face. I kissed his cheek once the cake was in front of him and the singing was over, "Happy Birthday, babe."

"Make a wish." Mikey knelt beside us.

"Hmm..." Noah thought for a moment causing us to laugh, "I got it!" He took in a deep breath and blew out his candles.

"Yay." I said in his ear, "Good job."

Everyone clapped, Mikey prepared to cut the cake. Noah leaned into my ear, "Wanna hear my wish?"

"No, babe, it's your wish." I told him with a small smile.

"Please?" He pleaded.

"Okay, but it's just between us."

He nodded vigorously, "I wished for a baby."

I shook my head laughing, "You really want another one?" I whispered back to him.

"Yes." He answered happily, "Will it come true?"

I shrugged, "I dunno, you just have to wait and see."

"I hope it does." Noah replied.

I fed Noah some cake, while everyone talked amongst themselves. Mikey brought over his gifts, "You wanna open them?"

Noah hummed and nodded with cake in his mouth. I wiped his lips and Mikey put him on his lap to help with the gifts. Paula got him more toys and teddy bears; Seth got him the art supplies and the canvas, Gerard got him a remote control car and my mom got him some clothes and a lunch pail for school. He thanked them and gave them hugs; it was too cute. I let my mom take a few pictures of Noah with Gerard and Mikey, and with Brendan, Max and Paula. We all had a good time, and by the end of the night, Noah was all tired out especially after he saw and played with his drum set.

I said goodbye to everyone, thanked them also; Brendan and Max went to stay with my mom and I would see them in the morning. Mikey and I put Noah to bed; Mikey had pulled the covers back and I placed Noah down on his bed and Mikey covered him.

We went off into our room, and undressed for bed. I had forgotten about his chest, but I remembered when I saw something red on his left pec. I went over and grabbed his forearms and looked at what was there. I was shocked to see my name in red ink.

I looked at him with my jaw dropped, "Like it?"

I slugged him, "What did I tell you?"

He laughed, "Calm down, it ain't real." He licked his index finger and wiped it over my name and it smudged.

My nerves were relaxed, "You jerk! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

He continued to laugh, "I told the dude to stencil it so I could mess with you."

"You messed with me alright!" I slugged him again, "But it was funny."

"I didn't want to do it and then you leave me." He grinned.

"I wouldn't leave you over something crazy like that, you just freaked me out." I kissed the underside of his jaw.

"I'm sorry, babe." He kissed my forehead.

We got into bed and Mikey pulled me close to him. He hummed softly, I was falling quickly to sleep, but Mikey spoke, "Did I hear right earlier?" He asked.

"What did you hear?" I asked.

"Noah wished for a baby?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he told me that."

"Does he know I want one too?"

I smiled, "Probably."

"Not too soon, though, right?" Mikey asked me, "That what you want?"

I sat up a bit, "I just don't want to do anything that's way over our heads."

"You're right."

"But, do you want one soon? I mean, this is another baby."

He nodded, "I'd love another baby at any time, just y'know, as long as you're okay."

"I'm okay," I told him with a smile, "I just want it to be alright for us."

"It will be, of course, I mean even Noah wants a baby." He chuckled.

"So, we can start whenever and you'll be okay with it?" I asked.

"Shit, yeah, M."

I smiled, "Good, because I deserve a little lovin' tonight."

Mikey grinned and rolled over so he was on top of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A filler, but I have something up my sleeve, stay tuned.