Just Like Heaven

5 Weeks

When summer had arrived, Mikey and I were still happily trying to have a baby. Things were smoother than before, and we spent a lot of time together. Noah had us take him and Max to the beach one week.

The drive was fast, and Noah was more excited than anything. He kept talking about seeing sharks and octopuses. He had this funny, vivid imagination that kept me smiling.

Once we had gotten there, Mikey set the towels down and I put sun screen on the boys. "Be careful Max, watch him."

Max nodded, "I will, we aren't gonna go that far out."

"Be careful, Noah." 

He nodded, "I will." I kissed his head and watched as Max took his hand and led him towards the shallow water.

"Put some on me." Mikey took his shirt off and handed me a bottle of the sun screen.

I smirked and poured a bit in my hands and smoothed it up his back and arms. He turned around so I could do his chest; "Thanks."

"Do me." I told him.

He chuckled, "I'll do you alright."

"Ha-ha, funny man." I pulled my tank top off, and turned so he could put some on my back.

Mikey lingered, and I just laughed at him; he smoothed his hands down my back and then my sides and stomach. I turned and his hands smoothed across my breast and shoulders.

"If Max and Noah weren't here..." He trailed in my ear.

"Promises, promises." I pecked his cheek.

I pulled my tank top back on and sat down; Mikey did the same, wrapping his arm around my middle, "Have you taken a test yet?"

I shook my head, "No yet... Kinda nervous."

"How come?"

I shrugged, "I don't know..." I played with the fray of my denim shorts, "I don't wanna be disappointed."

"Either way, M, we'll be okay. We can keep trying." He kissed the back of my ear.

I smiled, "I love you so much, Mike." I turned my head and kissed him. 

He hummed with a small chuckle, "I love you, too."

The rest of the day, we helped Noah build sand castles, we swam while holding him up, and then we went to eat. Noah was tired out by the time we went home; he fell asleep in his car seat.

First, we dropped Max off, "Thanks for taking me." He said as he got out.

"You're welcome, Maxie."

"Bye guys." He waved and jogged up to his door.

Mikey drove off as soon as Max went inside.

When we got home, we put Noah in his bed, Mikey sat on our bed and watched some shows. I went into the bathroom to take one of the many test I had bought a few days earlier. The last test I had taken, the previous month right after Noah's birthday, had come out negative. I was really nervous about this test.

I had taken it, set it on the counter, washed my hands and went back into the bedroom. I began to undress to waste away the 5 minutes; Mikey looked at me, "What're you goin' to bed already?"

"No, I'm just changing."

He smiled, "C'mere."

I was just in my shorts and bikini top, "Let me change first.

"No, just come here." He continued to smile and beckoned me over.

I shook my head with a laugh, "Yeah, what do you want?" I waltz over and stood in front of him.

He took hold of my hips and pulled me onto his lap. I smirked at him, "I want you."

"Y'know, you always seem to want me every night." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Isn't that grounds for flattery?" He smiled again.

"Maybe." I kissed his nose.

He nuzzled his face against my jaw and neck, "This is more than sex, M. I just love lookin' and holding you."

I smiled, "Now that's flattery."

"Speaking the truth."

I hummed softy and held him close to me. Suddenly, I remembered the test, I unwrapped my arms around him, "I gotta check something." I said as I hopped off his lap.

Mikey looked at me confused, "What?"

"Hold on." I jetted to the bathroom and closed the door.

A wave of nervousness washed over me and I slowly crept towards the little white stick. I held my breath a moment, picked it up, shut my eyes, and exhaled. I opened my eyes, just as the bathroom door opened. I looked back and saw Mikey, "You're taking a pregnancy test?"

"Yeah," I couldn't look at it, "Tell me what it says, please. I'm so nervous."

I held it up to him, watching his expression change. He furrowed his brows, "What does two pink lines mean?"

My brows shot up, "Two pink lines?"

I looked at it and saw it for myself. Indeed, two pink lines were there. I screamed and jumped up and down; I'm sure I looked nuts.

"Morgan, calm down, babe." Mikey laughed and took hold of my arms.

"I'm pregnant," I told him, "Yes!"

He grinned, "Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be cheering if you weren't."

I exhaled happily, "Oh my God, I'm so excited!" I calmed down, "This is good, right? We can do this? Please tell me we can do this, Mikey."

He took me in his arms, "We can do this, M."

I kissed him, "You have another tattoo to get next year."

He chuckled, "Yeah, I know."

"This is good? Tell me this is good, Mikey."

"It's great, Morgan."

"I don't wanna tell anyone yet. I want to see my doctor first."

He nodded, "Anything you want."

I exhaled, "This isn't happening too fast?"

"You're do indecisive, M." Mikey chuckled, "This isn't too fast, this is perfect. We're having another baby, and if people give us shit about it, then they can piss off."

I laughed, "Mikey Way, what has gotten into you?"

He smiled and kissed me, "My love for you."

I cooed, "Aw, you love me don't you?"

"A lot." He kissed me again, "You love me?"

"Hmm... I dunno." I played with him.

He started to kiss my face all over, "What? You don't know?" He said between kisses.

I giggled, "Okay, I love you. I love you to the moon and back. That's a lot, Mikey."

He stopped kissing me, "That's what I wanna hear."

Mikey brought his hands down to my hips, and across my stomach. My heart raced a bit; it was due to excitement. I was going to be a mommy again.

"I can't wait." He said softly.

"Me either."

Mikey kissed me again, but it was longer. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to our bed. He put me down and climbed in the bed with me, he started to kiss me again; "I don't wanna have sex," he said between heated kisses, "I just want to hold you."

"That's fine with me." I smiled at him.

Mikey held me close to his chest, the TV was background noise as he laid their quietly. I don't know how long we had laid there, but Noah had woken up and came to our room. He walked in with Piggy and one of his teddy bears and told Mikey to pick him up. I laughed slightly, got up and changed out of my shorts and bikini top; I put one of Mikey's shirts on and pajama shorts and got back into bed. Noah snuggled up to me, "Mommy hug me." He ordered.

Me and Mikey laughed, "Okay bossy pants."

I wrapped my arms around Noah and cradled him on top of my body and rubbed his back like he likes it. He was soon snoozing, Piggy was snoring at the end of our bed, and Mikey wrapped and arm around my shoulder. He laid on his side and put his hand on mine on Noah's back.

I felt more at ease, more love. I was at this happier place. More so than I ever expected existed.

•••

For a week, Mikey and I kept my pregnancy under wraps. I had made an appointment to meet with my OBGYN to make sure I was pregnant. I was nervous again, but I went by myself, I had to convince Mikey that I could do it by myself.

Waiting in the exam room was killer. I was jittery and too excited. My nerves were shot and I felt like I had drank a billion cups of coffee. When Dr. Price came in, she smiled, "Hey, Morgan, how are you?"

"I'm fine, yourself?"

"I'm good. So, is something up? Your monthly check up isn't until next month."

I bit at my lip, "Uh, well, me and Mikey were trying for another baby... I think I maybe pregnant."

She smile again, "That's wonderful. Have you taken a home test?"

"Just one, but I want to be certain."

"Alright, let's check."

The examination went by quickly, Dr. Price had smiled after; "Well, you are pregnant. I'd say maybe 4 or 5 weeks along."

My heart fluttered, "I'm so happy."

"Congratulations. You two planned this all, huh?"

I nodded, "Yes, after everything, we really are ready to have another."

"I wish you two all the best. I'll write you up some vitamins."

"Thanks."

•••

I returned home, having dropped my prescription off, and saw Noah and Mikey playing in the front yard. Noah and Piggy was running around, Mikey was chasing them. They all stopped when I pulled up; Noah ran to me and I picked him up, "Hi mommy!"

"Hey babe. Ew, you're all sweaty."

"I play, duh." He giggled.

I set him down and turned to Mikey who was just as sweaty, "You too?"

"Yeah." He laughed and kissed my lips quickly, "So...?"

I smiled, "5 weeks along. Congrats." I told him.

He grinned and pulled me into a hug. Noah joined him, both of my sweaty boys hugging me, "Ew! Sweat!" I cried dramatically.

"We love you!" Noah said while laughing.

Mikey laughed too, "Yeah, M. We love you."

I giggled, "I love you guys too, but you smell!"

"We're men!" Noah cried.

I laughed, "Who told you that?"

Noah let me go, "Uncle Gee did."

"Your Uncle Gee is a butt head."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love these chapters because everything is drama free and so cute!
The only trouble I have is ending this... I don't know how.