Just Like Heaven

So much shit

After a half hour, Gerard left without a word; Noah and I were still in the kitchen, playing a game of thumb war. Mikey came in just as Noah pinned my finger down, "Holy crap." I mumbled.

"I win!" Noah stuck his tongue out at me.

"I will get you." I warned playfully. 

Mikey leaned over the counter, "Noah, go in the other room, I gotta talk to mommy." Mikey spoke in this distant tone.

Noah looked at him, "No fighting, kay?" 

Mikey smiled, "We aren't going to fight, I swear."

I helped Noah off the counter as he ran in the other room, "Piggy!"

I giggled softly and hopped on the counter, "What's up? Is everything okay?"

Mikey sighed, "My dad is sick... Gerard's girlfriend is pregnant and he doesn't know what to do. So much shit is happening." 

My lips turned down, "I'm sorry, Mikey." 

"He's been sick for a while, it's his lungs from smoking..." Mikey rubbed his neck, "Shit. Gerard is like super stressed out, because his girlfriend doesn't want the baby but he does. He doesn't know what to do," He repeated, "And, the band is suppose to head overseas..."

"Do you want me to talk to his girlfriend?" I asked.

Mikey smiled, "Will you? You ain't got to, but she doesn't have anyone and Gerard doesn't know how to help her. He figured we can  help since we have Noah."

I nodded, "Sure, what's her name?"

"Vivian. They started dating like a few months back, they weren't anything serious." 

"I'll talk to her. What're you gonna do about your pop?"

"I want to go see him, we should go see him."

"I'm all for it."

"You sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"Yeah, of course, Mikey. That's your dad, I'm not gonna be rude and not go. He's a sweet man, and Noah loves him."

"I'm gonna call him, then I'll figure all this traveling shit out." I pulled him over to me, "What?"

"Don't 'What' me," I giggled, "I just wanna hug you." I wrapped my arms around his middle.

He hugged me back, "I love you." He said softly.

"I love you, too."

He sighed softly, "What did you do when you lost your dad?"

I let him go, "Me and my pop weren't close... I wasn't sad, I wasn't happy either... It was Ike a stranger dying. I had sympathy, but that's it."

"I love him... I think I'll lose it." He mumbled.

"Don't say that," I told him softly, "You won't. He'll be okay, you just gotta think positively."

He smiled, "Thanks."

"What did I say about thanking me?"

He chuckled, "Can't help it, baby."

I kissed him, "If you need to talk about your dad, you can, Mike."

He nodded, "I know, M."

Mikey pressed his lips to mine, keeping our distance close. I kept my arms around his neck.

"Ew!" Noah came in giggling, "Gross, daddy!"

Mikey pulled away from me and laughed, "I was just kissing mommy, why is it gross?"

"Just 'cause." He said with a funny grin.

Mikey picked him up, "Hey, baby boy, you wanna go on a trip soon?"

"Where?"

"New Jersey, we're gonna go see Grandpa Don."

"Yeah!" He squealed, "Mommy comin' too?"

I nodded, "Yes, baby, I'm going too."

"Then I go too!"

•••

The next couple of days went by with Mikey calling his dad up and getting the know about his condition. He wasn't in the hospital, his illness was real bad, so he stayed at home with a nurse. Mikey had broke down and cried the day after the call. He was scared and worried; I comforted him the best I could. He cried in my arms for a good couple hours before he fell asleep.

I felt terrible for him, and I hated myself for not knowing exactly what to say. I'm not one for comforting anyone with death. But, I tried to think of it as the same way as we lost Eloise; I figured Din wouldn't be in anymore pain once he passed.

The day after, Gerard had come over before Mikey and I could talk. He had brought Vivian, his girlfriend; she is amazing beautiful. She has this exotic look to her, with sultry eyes and a nice figure. She had dark hair that was long, down her back to the curve of her bottom. She looked nervous when she came in; she relaxed though when Noah came in and hugged Gerard.

"Uncle Gee!" Gerard picked Noah up.

"Hey, Buddy."

"You play with me?"

Gerard nodded, "Yeah, but first, say Hi to my friend, Vivian."

Noah smiled and waved, "Hi, I Noah."

Vivian exhaled a breathed she obviously been holding in, "Hi, you're cute."

Noah giggled, "Yeah, everyone says that a lot."

I chuckled, "He gets it from me."

Mikey walked over, "Whatever, he looks like me." I rolled my eyes, "Hey, Vivian, I'm Mikey, and this is Morgan."

"Hey," She shook our hands, "I don't... I don't know if I'm intruding..."

I shook my head, "You're absolutely not." I told her.

"Thanks for letting me come over." She added.

"No problem."

Vivian and I moved to the couch while Gerard, Mikey and Noah went outside. She exhaled again when we were alone.

"I don't know what to do." She said softly, "I don't know how I feel about Gerard."

"I understand what you mean... I was the same way with Mikey when we first started dating and he had this whole other part of him that I didn't know."

"You guys been together 4 years?" I nodded, "Gerard and I have been seeing each other for 4 months. I'm not ready for this tying down thing."

"You don't want to keep your baby?" I asked.

"I have this career... I model, I finally found a place where I want to be..." She seemed to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"I'm not here to beat the whole anti abortion thing into you, I think you should do what you feel is right. If Gerard likes you and cares about you, he'll understand."

Vivian shook her head, "He looked really happy when I told him. I mean... I was scared shitless and he's smiling; I don't understand."

"Noah. He loves being an uncle." I told her.

"I hate to break his heart, because Gerard is such a sweet guy," She courses her hair back, "But I'm not sure about this."

"You and he need to talk about this fully," I told her, "It's your body, Gerard should respect that."

She exhaled again and smiled, "Thank you. I've been so stressed about this and all I want to hear is the truth, not some shit about it being alright."

I nodded, "Yeah, I understand, because it's not always going to be alright."

Vivian leaned over and engulfed me in a hug, "I can't say thank you enough."

"You're welcome."

Vivian asked me a few more questions about having a baby before she and Gerard had left. I informed her all I knew and wished her luck in whatever she decided. Gerard thanked me, too, and hugged me.

"What happened?" Mikey asked me.

"Vivian asked about what to expect if she decides to keep her baby."

"I talked to Gee about it, too." Mikey told me; Noah crashed down in his lap, "I told him to just support her in whatever she chooses."

"Well, aren't you a smart one." I smiled at him.

Mikey chuckled, "I just took what I knew and informed my big brother."

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's nervous about what she'll choose. He wants to have kids."

"Does he have feelings for her?"

Mikey shrugged, "I dunno... I don't think he loves her."

"Poor Gee," I murmured, "I wish I could really help him."

"You can't save the world," Mikey put his arm around my shoulder, "You ain't Wonder Woman."

I smirked, "Can you imagine if I was? I could be Linda Carter's offspring! I'd be smokin' hot."

Mikey laughed, "You're already smokin' hot."

"Am I?" I smirked again, this time at him.

He nodded, biting his bottom lip, "Yeah. You are."

I giggled, "Well, no time for sexy time, Noah is in your lap."

Mikey groaned, "Why do you get me all worked up?"

"To tease you."

He shook his head, "You're gonna get it later."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Whatever."