Just Like Heaven

It's Love

Another few days passed before Gerard had come over again. He didn't look too sad nor happy. He seemed a bit lost, but he smiled once Noah jumped on him.

"Uncle Gee!" 

Gerard hugged him and picked him up, "Hey, dude."

"Sup, bro?" Mikey leaned against the couch, while I sat on it.

"Can I talk to Morgan?" He asked softly. 

I raised my brow slightly, but I got up, "What's up?"

He let Noah down, then rubbed his neck, "Uh... Thanks, y'know, for talking to Viv for me."

I nodded, "Sure, any time."

He exhaled, "She decided to keep the baby."

I smiled, "Congrats, Gerard."

"Thanks. We're gonna work on everything, we are gonna stay together, see how it goes, too." He exhaled and smiled again, "Thank you, really, for everything you said."

"Like I said, Gerard, it's really nothing." I patted his shoulder.

"Our baby is due some time in January." He said, "We went to the doctor the other day."

I smiled, hugging him, "I'm happy for you, Gerard. You better keep Vivian happy too." I warned him playfully.

He laughed, "Yeah, I will."

Gerard stayed for a few minutes, playing with Noah until he left to go see Vivian. I was really happy for them, I was more so happy that they talked to one another and found a solution. 

Once Mikey and I were alone, with Noah drawing on the coffee table, Mikey wrapped his arm around shoulder; "Their baby is due around the same time as ours."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

"I think Gerard is happy about that."

"Why?"

"So we can help them."

"I'm glad to help, I love babies."

Mikey chuckled, "Yeah, you do. You guys are gonna be baby crazy."

"What about you? You love babies, too."

"I do." He grinned now.

I snuggled against him, "You're the best daddy ever." I kissed his neck.

"Second best to my dad." He said softly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "You're right, I mean, he did raise you and Gee."

He rubbed his hand up my back, "I hope he lives long enough to see my and Gee's babies born."

I kissed his neck and jaw, "Me too. I'm sure he will."

Mikey squeezed me tighter to him; he felt desperate, like he needed me to survive. I kept kissing him, to comfort him. Noah had looked back at us and grimace, "Ew! Mommy stop it!"

Mikey laughed, "I like it, baby boy."

"That's gross!"

"I'm sorry, Noah Bear, I'll stop." I smiled at him.

"Good. I gonna puke!" He shook his head.

Mikey and I laughed hysterically, "He cracks me up, M." Mikey murmured.

"Yeah, me too."

•••

The weekend that followed, Mikey and I flew to New Jersey with Noah to visit his dad. We brought Max along to keep Noah company, and I think he wanted to check out the art school in New York and visit his mom. We were happy to bring him along; he loves making up an imaginary world with Noah.

The plane ride was going smoothly, but I could tell Mikey was deep in thought. He had kept his eyes out the window, and his hand held mine limply. I had leaned over and kissed his cheek, "Hey, you alright?"

He looked back at me and nodded, "Just worried 'bout seeing dad."

"What about?"

"He sounded so sick on the phone, like he couldn't breathe. I don't think I can handle seeing him lying in his death bed." Mikey looked down and bit at his bottom lip.

I rubbed his hand, "I'll help you through it," I brought his face up with my hand to face me, "I promise you." I kissed his lips, "I'll always be here for you."

He kissed me back, pressed his forehead to mine, "I love you." He said this softly.

My lips turned up, "I love you right back, Mikey."

He rested his head on my shoulder, his hand in mine, we shared the arm rest. I could hear Noah and Max talking about one of their little games. The rest of the cabin was pretty quiet; "Hey, is Gerard coming to see your dad soon?"

Mikey hummed, "He said he was, but he had some band stuff to do."

"Does he miss you?" I asked quietly.

Mikey sighed, "Yeah. I mean... They guys miss me, but they understand. I can't picture myself getting right back, M."

"I know, I was just curious. Your brother carries so much on him."

"I carried the same when he was an alcoholic."

I looked at Mikey, "I didn't even bother to think about that." I said suddenly, "Does that bother you, too, Mike?"

He shook his head, "Not anymore... Not after he got clean."

"Everything should ease up now that the guys on break, right?" I changed the subject.

"Yeah, but that ain't stopping Gee. He's gonna work on the movie for his comic and write more issues. He wants me to help with that."

I smiled, "Aw, can I read the stuff you come up with?"

He looked up at me, "I have some stuff written down on my laptop, I'll show you when we land."

"I feel privileged." I giggled, "I get to read something written by the great Michael Way."

He rolled his eyes, "Hardly great."

"Okay, then, amazing, spectacular Michael Way!" I smiled, still at him, "You seriously are amazing, Mike."

He smiled back at me, "Why do you think so?"

"Because you're talented and your my husband." I kissed him, "You know what was the happiest moment in my life was, besides me you and having our kids?"

"I have no clue." He said with a small laugh.

"When I went to the DMV and got my license to say Morgan Haley Way."

Mikey laughed, "Really?"

I nodded, "Yep. It sort of dawned on me that I married the greatest man on Earth."

"Now you're just pumping my head up."

"I mean it." I told him "I'm not just saying this to make you feel good. I'm stating the truth."

He smiled again, kissing my hand, "My happiest moment is the first time you ever let me kiss you."

I raised my brow slightly, "How come?"

"I saw sparks." He said with a funny grin.

"Not huh!" I muttered with a giggle.

"I swear, I saw sparks. Fireworks! Like the 4th of July; why do you think I agreed to get married on Independence Day." He wheedled with a sly grin.

I smiled at his playful manner, "Shut up."

He kissed me, "I'm serious. I see fireworks every time we kiss. I get goosebumps when we touch," He exhaled lowly, "Morgan, you do somethin' to me. I like it and I can't explain it." 

"It's love." I told him softly.

He smiled, "I guess so."

Mikey held my hand tighter, the two of quietly resting as we continued our journey to Jersey. The silence was comforting and we felt like nothing needed to be said. 

When we finally landed, I saw Max carrying a sleeping Noah, "Thanks." I told him.

"No biggie." He chuckled.

We got off the plane, got our bags, and Mikey met us in the parking lot with the rental car. The car seat inside fit Noah just right; he woke up just as I buckled him in, "I'm hungry." He said while rubbing his eyes.

"Us, too, babe. We're gonna go to Grandma Donna's and eat, okay?"

"Kay." He yawned, "Max I hear a story, please."

Max laughed, "Alright, let me think of something."

I sat up front with Mikey; he hadn't slept on the plane, he looked so tired. I had napped, but he didn't, "Want me to drive?" I asked.

He exasperated, "Thanks, M. I'm so exhausted."

I switched seats with him, he leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes. I put the sunglasses on him, causing him to smile, "Thank you."

"No problem." I rubbed his knee and then started the car.

I drove the directions I was given by Mikey, who was on the verge of falling asleep. We got to his father's house, Donna was outside waiting for us, and Mikey yawned tiredly, getting out of the car.

"Hey, I bet you guys are tired." Donna hugged me then Mikey quickly.

"I am." Mikey said opening the trunk, "We're all hungry though. Where'a dad?"

"He's in the downstairs bedroom. I made some pasta, Morgan."

"Thank you. I hope it wasn't a big deal for me to bring my nephew."

She shook her head, "No worries. Don's house has plenty of room."

Donna helped us inside, Mikey went to his father's room first, taking Noah with him. Max and I took the bags upstairs while Donna made us plates.

"What's wrong with Mikey's dad?" Max asked.

"He has lung cancer." I told him, "Will you be alright?"

He nodded, "Auntie M, I'm cool. I love Noah, he's funny to hang with."

"I'm just making sure. I don't want to make you to stay here the entire trip."

"I'll stay a few days here and a few days with my mom."

"Okay." I patted his shoulder, "Let's go eat, buddy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love how casually this story is being written. I am very pleased with myself.
Thank you for reading.

xo ali