Just Like Heaven

Handsome and famous

We stayed at Don's for two weeks, and we all enjoyed it. Don seemed to be getting better, but his illness was touch and go; it was unpredictable. I was happy to visit him and keep him company, though he seemed to accept life as it is, he was worried about Mikey.

Mikey said he was alright with his father's illness, and that he was lucky to have me to help him through his death if it were to come. I didn't believe him, because I know Mikey, and I know that death came too often in his life, and he wasn't use to it. I worried about him getting back into old habits to numb himself. I was really worried when we all got on the plane and left New Jersey. Just because of Mikey, I wasn't sure how he'd handle being so far away from his father.

Back at home, Gerard dropped off Piggy, and told us it was he and Vivian's turn to go see Don. Mikey had a quiet talk with his brother, and I didn't butt in. Noah had come to me, being the smarty pants 3 year old that he is.

He had cornered me, almost, in his room as I got him in his pajamas. The following day, we had to meet with Paula and get his tux and my bridesmaid dress. Noah pulled at my shirt's hem, "Mommy, I ask you somethin'?"

I turned to him, "What's up, babe?"

He looked a bit sad, "Grandpa gonna go to heaven?"

I frowned at this, "Who told you that?"

Noah tweaked his lips, "Daddy. Daddy say Grandpa go to heaven 'cause he sick. He go with El-Oh-Ees."

I coursed my hair back, feeling tears. I grabbed his pajamas and sat him in my lap as I sat on his little bed, "Noah Bear, Grandpa Don is sick, but he isn't gonna go to heaven right now. He's trying to get better so he can meet our baby and uncle Gee's baby. He's trying his hardest to be a grandpa for a long, long time."

"I scared." Noah mumbled.

I rubbed his back, "Daddy and mommy are just as scared... But, I know that grandpa will be just fine. If you think about him all the time, he will be stronger."

His eyes lit up, "Really?"

"Yep, really." I tapped his head, gently, "Keep him in your head and he will be okay."

"I will."

I kissed his forehead and put Noah in his pajamas. I was slightly confused as to why Mikey said these things to Noah. I mean, it wasn't mean, it just scared our son about losing another family member.

I put Noah to bed, reading The Little Prince to him until he fell asleep. I kissed his head again, turned out the light and left the room. I set the book on the coffee table, then went to my bedroom; Mikey had just gotten out the shower, he was dripping wet; yeah, all criticism about his words to Noah went out the window.

My hormones are out of control.

"Is Noah asleep?" Mikey asked as he put on boxer shorts.

"Yeah. But, I need to talk to you."

He looked back at me, drying his hair with a towel, "Yeah?"

"Why did you tell Noah your dad is going to Heaven? Like, he thinks your dad is dead already."

Mikey sighed, "Alicia opened her big mouth, and I kept Noah on the fence about it until earlier when Gerard came over."

"What did Alicia say?" I sat on the bed, crossing my arms.

"She said that my dad looks like he needed to go to the hospital, which led to Noah talking about Eloise, and then me explaining that she died. Then, she said 'At least Don will be with her'. I told Noah we'd talk about it later, and then Gerard said something about my dad dying too, and then Noah asked." He sat beside me, "Is he okay?"

"He's scared." I murmured, "I think I helped his perception."

Mikey took my hand, "I wish this wasn't happening."

I scooted over, wrapping my arm around his middle, "Don't worry about it. Whatever happens, happens. I will help you through it."

He nodded, "I know. Thanks, M."

"Quit thanking me." I kissed his cheek.

Mikey turned his head and brushed his lips against mine, "We always seemed to be in this situation." He said softly.

"You are one sexy motherfucker." I chuckled, "My hormones are raging like a teenage boy's."

Mikey laughed, kissing me quickly, "What do you wanna do?"

I bit my lip, "I wanted to do some stuff, but really, I want to be held by my husband."

"I can do that." He said with a smile.

"Alright, husband, let's get to it."

Mikey and I slipped beneath our comforter and he wrapped his arms around my middle. I felt him kissed the back of my head and gave my body a loving squeeze.

•••

"Ah, oh my god!" I squealed at Noah in his tiny tuxedo, "Noah, I'm gonna send a picture to daddy. You look adorable."

Noah blushed, "Kay."

I took a quick picture of Noah, sending it to Mikey and my mom. I picked Noah up, taking him towards the fitting room where Paula, Liz and Sarah were. We were getting bridesmaid dresses and Paula was fitting in her wedding dress. It looked amazing on her.

"Look at Noah." I told them.

Liz and Sarah cooed, while Paula said, "Gimme a minute."

I put Noah down, "How do you feel?" I asked him.

"Funny." He grimaced funnily.

I chuckled, "You can change in a minute."

"Kay." He sat down in a chair, placing his jaw in his palms, waiting for Paula.

Paula slowly stepped out in her long tailed wedding dress. It was a rich, milky white color, with beaded designs around the bodice. She had the long veil on, with her hair pinned up.

"Holy crap, you look amazing!" Sarah exclaimed clapping her hands excitedly.

Paula twirled, "Do I?"

"Yeah, girlie, you look incredible." Liz added.

Paula turned to me, "Morgan?"

I smiled at her, "It's beautiful... You look beautiful, Paula."

She grinned, "Thank you! Hey, Noah Bear, do I look nice?"

He nodded vigorously, "Pretty."

"Yes!" Paula celebrated, "If a kid thinks I look good, I look good." She said.

"Okay, so, tell us about these bridesmaid dresses." Liz started.

"Darker... Blood red. It's what Greg wants." Paula explained.

She gave us our dresses to try on, newly measured. I took mine to the dressing room, changing Noah, placing his tux in it's place. I undressed, putting the dress on, Noah looked at me with excited eyes, "That's pretty too!"

I smiled at him, "Mommy looks nice?"

He nodded, "Yes."

We went out and modeled the dresses. I was surprised that the dresses look as nice as they do, because usually the dresses are ugly as hell.

"You guys look amazing." Paula clapped; she had changed back into her normal clothes.

"I like it." I told her, "Noah likes it."

Paula sat him on her lap, "You like the dresses?"

He nodded, "Yes."

"Great! My wedding is near complete!" Paula grinned.

"Sweet." I said happily, "I'm all nervous about this." I told her.

"Ugh, me too." Liz said.

"Why?" Paula asked.

"Because we're your friends." Sarah said.

Paula rolled her eyes, "I have to actually marry the guy, all you gotta do is show up and look pretty."

I batted my eyelashes, "Well, ain't that what we're for?"

•••

I had returned home with Noah, he ran into the house and launched into Mikey's lap.

"Whoa!" Mikey said, "What the heck?"

"I missed you!" Noah told him.

Mikey chuckled, "I missed you too. I saw your tux, you looked great, baby boy."

Noah hid his face in Mikey's chest. I put his tux and my dress down on the arm chair, "Don't be embarrassed."

He looked at me and smiled. I kissed his cheek, "I not."

"You look cute in it, son." Mikey told him, "I love it." He began to pull his phone out, then showed Noah the picture.

Noah smiled, looking at the picture, "Ooh."

Mikey had this crooked smile on his face, he looked over at me, "Someone must think they're handsome."

I shook my head, smiling back, "I bet."

Mikey and Noah played a while, while I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels beside them. I stopped on a music video channel, seeing a Taking Back Sunday video ending. Mikey looked up, as did Noah, when an MCR video came on; it was Famous Last Words. Before then, I had only seen a few of their videos, at Mikey's request. He was kinda shy about that sort of thing, because I always gushed about how cute he looked.

"Look, Noah, who's that?" I said, getting his attention.

He watched the screen, you could see the smile inching slowly to his face. He grinned when he saw Mikey, he quickly turned to him, "That you!"

Mikey blushed, the red tint to his cheeks, "Yep."

We watched the video, Noah was hypnotized, looking for Mikey in every frame. When it was over, Noah turned to Mikey, "When you do that?"

"Way before you were born, before I even met mommy." He explained.

Noah looked shocked, his tiny brows shot up, and I giggled softly. Noah looked at me, "Wow."

I burst out laughing, "Yeah, wow."

"Daddy, you famous!"

Mikey kinda rolled his eyes, "Little dude, I am not famous."

"You on TV, you famous." Noah explained simply.

Mikey smiled, "You think I'm famous?" Noah nodded, "Okay, I'm famous to you."

Noah furrowed his brows, "No, you daddy to me."

Mikey's shoulders dropped, I think his heart melted. Mine did, so I know his did.

Mikey picked Noah up, "Okay, I'm daddy then. Forever, alright?"

Noah smiled, "Kay."