Just Like Heaven

Gifts

Noah was almost sad that he had to leave school; the boy loved it there. He went on and on about all his classmates and what they did. I had smiled at how his eyes lit up when he told us about his first day.

"You liked it?" Mikey asked him funnily.

Noah nodded, "Uh huh!"

"I told you, M." Mikey said to me for the second time.

"Yeah, yeah, Mikes, I got it." I rolled my eyes at him.

He smirked at me, "So, we're getting ice cream, right?" Mikey asked.

I turned to Noah, "Ice cream?"

He nodded, "Yeah!"

Mikey chuckled and started the drive downtown.

Once we got to an ice cream parlor, Mikey picked Noah up, showing him the different flavors, "You can get whatever you want, buddy."

I stood by watching them look at each of the different kinds of ice cream until Noah picked what he wanted. Mikey turned back to me, "You want one? My treat." He grinned goofily at me.

I laughed softly, "Yeah, let me see."

After ordering, we sat down inside a booth, Noah got a dish so Mikey could feed him. Again, Noah was going on about his drawings, and we listened until three girls and a mom came up to us. "Excuse me, can we have a picture with you?" One asked Mikey.

Mikey smiled nicely, "Yeah, sure," He turned to Noah, "Hold on, buddy."

Mikey set Noah on the table and got up. I pulled Noah to my side so I could feed him, he couldn't keep his eyes off of Mikey, "Why they do that?"

I looked over, then and Noah, "Remember when we saw daddy on TV?" He nodded, "They saw daddy too and they like him."

"He famous?"

I nodded, "Yep. Daddy is famous to them."

Noah made a face, "You not famous?"

I shook my head, "Nope, not like daddy."

"How come?"

I tweaked my lips, "I dunno. Should I be?"

He nodded, with a smile, "Yes."

"Why?"

"You're pretty."

I awed at him and kissed his cheek, "Aw! Thank you, baby."

Noah blushed and turned his head away. I continued to feed him ice cream until Mikey came back and slid into the booth beside me. He put his arm around my shoulder, causing me to look back at him, "What?" I asked.

He chuckled, "That's what I get? A what?"

"I was just asking." I said with a smile.

"No kissing." Noah interrupted.

Mikey smirked, turning to him, "Why not?"

"It's gross." He exasperated.

I shook my head with a small laugh, "Okay, I won't kiss daddy until he and I are alone. Deal?"

Noah nodded, "Deal."

•••

Noah took to school well; the kid loves it there. He continued on with telling us about everything he did once he got in the car. After the first week, I was more than comfortable with him there.

Mikey and I sat around most of the days pigging out. Mostly he wanted to make out, and I didn't object. He's so cute and persistent with it, I can't ever say no to him.

On the following Wednesday, Mikey and I dropped Noah off and then went to my appointment with my doctor; Dr. Price. I was always worried when we went in, I guess it's nerves. Mikey was used to it all, but at the same time, he was new to it. He held my hand while we spoke with the doctor and while I was checked out. 

I was fine thus far, the little bundle was growing just as he/she is suppose to. Mikey, he was always eager about finding out the sex of the baby, "Why does it take so long to find out the sex?" He asked once we left the office.

I shrugged, "Dunno."

"Another month is gonna kill me." He exaggerated.

I laughed softly, squeezing his hand, "You sound like Noah when you whine."

He snickered, "Don't you mean Noah sounds like me when he whines?"

"Eh, whatever."

Mikey led the way to the car and opened the door for me. He got in the driver side, stalling for a minute. I looked over at him, "What's wrong?" I asked him.

A small smile tugged at his lips, "Lift your shirt for me."

I did as he said, his eyes scanning my belly; "What?" I asked, smiling.

"I just can't believe it." He said in a whisper, "I can't believe I have kids."

I cooed, "Aw, Mikey," I cupped his jaw, "You're so cute."

He chuckled, pressing his palm to my swollen belly, "It's amazing..." He looked up at me, "I love you, M."

I smiled back at him, "I love you, too, Mike. You're an amazing daddy."

His eyes lit up, "You think so?"

"I know so. I wish my father was as hands on as you are."

Mikey seemed to look in a dream like state, he was happy. He moved his hand, pulled my shirt down, "Thanks."

"What do I say about thanking me?"

He chuckled, starting up the car, "Not to do it."

"Exactly. Now, just take the compliment and kiss me, bud."

Mikey shook his head with a laugh, but he leaned over and kissed me on the lips. "You wanna know something?" I hummed, "You give me a shit full of butterflies, M."

I giggled, "I tend to have that effect on you."

"All the damn time." He exasperated jokingly,

I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "You love it."

"That I do."

•••

Another 2 weeks passed, and Mikey's birthday had approached. He is the type to pretend like its no big deal, but I always made a big deal. I loved just messing with him, because he messed with me a lot.

On the morning of his birthday, me and Noah snuck up on him. Jumping on him while he slept; Noah giggled against Mikey's chest, Mikey just groaned, "You found out." He mumbled.

"I'm no idiot," I told him, "I know when you're birthday is, Mikey." I kissed his forehead, "Happy Birthday."

He opened his eyes, "Thanks."

Noah sat up, "Happy Birthday, daddy. I got you somethin'."

Mikey sat up, pulling Noah onto his lap, "Yeah?" 

Noah handed him the car we bought the day before. Mikey had said no presents, but Noah wanted to get him something. Mikey smiled at it, the black envelope had Daddy written across it.

"Hmm, what is it?" Mikey jokingly shook it.

"Open it!" Noah told him.

Mikey opened the envelope, and pulled out the card. He laughed when he saw it was a Star Wars card. "Open the card." I told him.

He opened it, and laughed again when the theme song began. He hugged Noah, "This is the best birthday present I have ever gotten, Noah. Thank you."

"You welcome." Noah replied, "We watch it today?"

Mikey nodded, "Yep. Let me get up and shower, then we can have a whole day full of Star Wars."

Noah got up, "Kay, I go eat my cereal."

I helped Noah off the bed and watched him and Piggy raced down the hall. I looked back at Mikey, "That kid is cute."

Mikey nodded, "Yeah, I love him." He smiled crookedly at me, "He's the real gift, ain't he? I don't think I need gifts, I got babies."

I smiled at that thought, "You're right. Every year, I'll just give you a baby."

Mikey gave me a funny look, but continued to smile, "You're hilarious."

I smirked, "Oh, yeah, I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3