Status: act-i-tive!!!

I Have a Daughter?

I Sit Here Locked Inside My Head Remembering Everything You Said

After sitting there with the girls and listen to them talk I was getting really bored. I got off the couch and went up to my room and sat down on the bed intending on writing new songs and figuring out titles for the ones that I have. I grabbed my guitar case and put it in front of me. I took out my guitar and seen an envelope sticking out. I knew I hadn't put it there. I grabbed it and there was 2. One had my name on it and the other had Matt's. I opened mine and began to read.

July 16, 2000

Storm,

I know you have been asking me for years about who your father is and I know I was brushing you off but now I see that was a mistake because I cant tell you now in person. The reason I never told you who your father was is because he was just starting a band with his friends and I never wanted to get in the way of his success and I was afraid that he would deny you being as his own flesh and blood.

Honey, your father is Matthew Charles Sanders and he still lives in Huntington Beach, California which was my birthplace. I've live in Huntington all my life until I became pregnant with you. I moved away because I wanted to make sure you had a good life whether your father was with us or not. I know I should have told you about him for years but I was afraid you would leave in the middle of the night and try to find on your own and I didn't want that to happen, especially while you're young like you are. Please know that I am so sorry...I never meant not to tell you but since I'm not here anymore, I want you to love your dad like you have loved me all these years even though I have lied to you.

The second envelope is addressed to your father and it explains the reason why I left Huntington Beach. Please make sure he gets it. There's things in there he needs to know about...

Love you forever and always,

Your mom Drita


Reading what my mom wrote me just made me worse than I already was. I didn't even feel like writing songs right now or doing anything. I could hear the door open and close from downstairs and I knew Matt and the guys were back. I put my guitar back into its case with my letter and set Matt's letter on the nightstand for him to see. I set the case off of the bed and laid face down on the bed as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I closed my eyes and slowed down my breathing to make whoever it was think I was sleeping.

I heard my bedroom door open.

"Storm?"

~~~~~~~MATT'S POV~~~~~~

I had just got home from the studio and all the girls were still here. I went into the house and kissed Val.

"Where's Storm?" I asked.

"Up in her room." I left the kitchen and went upstairs. I got to her room and opened the door.

"Storm?" I said but I seen she was sleeping. I went over to her and kissed her forehead and seen an envelope with my name on it. I stuck into my pocket and left her room. I opened my bedroom door and shut it quietly. I sat down on the bed and pulled out the envelope and started reading.

July 16, 2000

Matt,

There's some things you should know since I am no longer here to tell you in person. The reason why I left Huntington Beach is because I was pregnant with your child. I was afraid that if I told you, you would either deny it or not be there with us. I guess my insecure self was getting in the way of how I actually thought you would be like. Our daughter was born on this day 13 years ago and I named her Storm. Ever since she was able to talk and make sentences, she's asked about who you were and where you are but I didn't have the heart to tell you.

By the age of 10, she learned how to play the guitar and she sings just like you. Sometimes when she would sing and I overheard her I couldn't help but cry because she sounded so much like you. Don't ever let Storm go sweetheart. I want you to take care of her since I cant anymore. I've had the weirdest feeling over the last few weeks that something was going to happen. I guess something did since you're reading this. I made a letter out to Storm too telling her I was sorry for not telling her about you and I would like to say I'm sorry for leaving you and not telling you that I was pregnant with her...

By now I think Storm has already read hers and I want you to please love her like any father would do and make sure no one stands in her way. I wish I could have protected her more but now it's your turn to show her you are the father I know you want to be for her. I will always love you whether I'm living or I have passed on. There is always a little piece of heaven that I call your spot in my heart. No one will ever take that place.

I love you Matt and I always will. I know you've probably already found someone and I hope that someone is Val. Val was a good friend to you and a wonderful person all around. I knew that you two would love each other one way or another. I still love you Matt and never forget that.

Love you always and forever,

Drita


Her letter hit me hard. I cant believe she never told me about Storm sooner but I'm glad now that she is in my life for good. I love her to death now that I know I have a daughter. It makes me feel better inside knowing that Drita gave me closer on why she never told me. I held the letter in my hand as the door opened and revealed Val.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" I held out the letter and she came forward and sat down. I looked at her as she read the letter from Drita.

"I never knew why she never sent that to me but at least I have closer on the reason why she left." I said.

"I'm sorry Matt...How did you get this letter anyways?"

"It was sitting on Storm's nightstand along with a letter with her name on it. I guess she read hers and cried herself to sleep. I will be the father Drita wanted me to be. I will not stop loving my precious child." I said smiling. Val smiled at me and kissed my sweetly.

"You are an awesome father Matt. Never let anyone tell you are not." I kissed her again and we walked out of my room and downstairs with the others. We sat around and talked for what seemed like forever until they left. Val started on dinner and I sat around watching TV.

"Foods done. Go wake up Storm." I got up from the couch and my way up to her room. I opened the door and seen her holding onto a picture of her mom. I slipped the picture out of her hand and set it on the nightstand and shook her gently.

"Storm honey? Food is done." I said but she didn't wake up. I shook her a little harder this time and her eyes opened.

"Huh?" she said blinking.

"Food is done."

"Alright." She said sitting up and stretching.

"Storm?" she looked at me.

"I love you baby girl." I said smiling and she smiled right back. I wrapped my strong arms around her and she did the same.

"I love you too daddy." I smiled and pulled her closer to me. I loved being this little girl's father.
♠ ♠ ♠
You all know the drill...Comments and subscriptions are always welcomed.

To the silent readers: I would love to hear your comments whether you ready a part of it and didn't think it was interesting or you keep reading it. Everyone has an opinion and no one will be judged on the comments.