Status: Might be a bit slow getting the chapters up.... Bear with me...

Oh, It Is Love

Dancing On The Kitchen Tiles

Phil's POV

We were in the middle of playing Sonic 4 on the PS1 when I heard my stomach growl loudly. I paused the game, suddenly realising how hungry I actually was, and looked over at Dan.

"Lunch break?" I asked, and he nodded with a smile.

"Hell yes, I'm freaking starving!" He exclaimed, and we both jumped up and headed to the kitchen.

"What d'you want?" I asked, rummaging through various cupboards for ideas on what to have for lunch.

"Ooh! We have pizza in the freezer." Dan exclaimed excitedly, causing me to chuckle. I nodded, and he walked over to our little fridge/freezer, crouching down and opening the door. I saw him wince as the cold blast from the freezer hit the exposed skin on his arms and face, and grinned foolishly to myself. He was so cute!

Wait, did I just think that?

Concentrate on the task, Phil! Concentrate on breathing, concentrate on standing, concentrate on remembering how the hell to cook a frozen pizza....

As I bent down to put the two pizzas in the oven, I was suddenly extremely aware of someone staring at me; eyes glued to my back, or, ahem, even lower. It was an unnerving feeling, and I froze for a second to try and figure out where it was coming from. Well, there was no one else in my apartment, and it obviously wasn't Dan. He was my best mate; not some sort of creeper.

I shut the oven door and stood up hurriedly, instantly feeling extremely self-conscious. I spun around to see Dan leaning against the breakfast bar, looking innocent with his eyebrow raised in a confused expression having obviously noticed my pause.

"You okay, Phil?" He asked. I looked into his eyes, and my breath stuck in my throat when I saw genuine concern in them.

He was actually worried about me.

For some reason, this touched my heart more that it probably should have. I felt a wave of happiness flow over me, and I grinned before replying.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said absentmindedly. I probably waited a bit too long to answer, but I didn't really care. Dan hopefully knows me well enough to not think that I'm a freak.

"...Okay," Dan hesitated, still with his eyebrow raised having not believed me. I shook my head, walking over and turning on the radio. Immediately, BBC Radio 1 started blasting out of the speaker, the song 'All About You' by McFly playing. I didn't mind McFly, they weren't THAT bad. Plus, they were kind of 2000's era music legends.

"And, I will answer all your wishes, if you ask me too." Dan sang, stepping forward, moving his head from side to side in time with the beat.

"But if you deny me one of your kisses, I don't know what I'd do." We sang in unison, clutching the air and grinning at each other.

We mumbled the first part of the chorus, because let's face it, no one knows all the words to this song. He laughed at me as I started doing the little 'raise the roof' dance.

"Dancing on the kitchen tiles, yeah you make my life worthwhile." Dan sang unsurely, laughing when he sung the right words.

"So I told you with a smile. It's all about-" I chuckled, pushing both corners of my mouth up into a smile in an attempt to do actions along to the song.

"It's all about you, It's all about you baby, it's all about you, it's all about youuuuu," We sang, laughing once the song finished.

"Face it, we could SO be in a boy band!" Dan exclaimed.

"We actually could; despite the fact that I can't sing." I laughed, nodding. Dan shrugged.

"Well, most people in the mainstream industry can't sing these days, and they don't care." Dan reasoned, smirking.

"Hmm, but no one actually likes them." I replied, smiling.

"Good point." Dan laughed, his chocolate eyes sparkling, and his grin clearly showing off his prominent cheekbones.

Okay, Phil, that's enough creepy thoughts about your best friend for one day. Shut up now.

After a few more minutes the pizzas were ready, so I pulled them out of the oven and used the weird circle wheel knife thing to cut them up. I do not see the point of this utensil- why couldn't you just use a normal knife? This stupid wheel thing doesn't cut anything properly anyway...
I shared the slices out onto two plates, and after grabbing glasses of water each we both headed back into the lounge to continue our game.

Dan's POV

I was slightly worried about Phil; he'd been acting strangely for like, an hour now. Every time I looked at him, his eyes would widen for a millisecond before he would turn his head away sharply, his cheeks flushing red.

It was starting to bug me, and after the fourh time of my arm accidentally bumping his, and him shuffling further to the opposite side of the small sofa, I'd had enough.

Pausing the game, I threw the controller down and stood up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I exclaimed, putting my hands on my hips and shaking my head at him. His eyes flashed with worry for a second as he placed his PS1 controller on his lap.

"No-" He started with a shrug, but I was having none of it.

"Don't just say 'nothing'! I know you well enough, Phil. I know there's something up." My voice turned a bit more sincere once I realised that I was probably scaring him by shouting. I never wanted to scare Phil, he just seemed so.... vulnerable; so innocent. He was adorable.

Suddenly, He started giggling, and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" I asked, interested.

"You look so... so GAY like that!" He giggled, gesturing to my stance: Hands on hips, one hip jutting out and a stern pout on my face.

I froze suddenly.

That could be it. He knew somehow; he'd found out. Oh god, he probably hated me now, that's why he didn't like me touching him anymore.

Oh god, he knew. He knew that I was different;

That I was gay.

I wasn't going to let him know that I'd found out about his discovery, though, so I just let out a nervous laugh and muttered out a "Yeah...", sitting back down on the sofa slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kinda weird and uneventful haha xD they will get better though, believe me :)
Stick around with this story guys, the next chapter is where the drama happens ;)
there's not much else I can say. I already have the 2nd chapter written up, I'll just monitor the success of this chapter before I post it xD
I also seem to write the majority of this story while in school. This is why I'm going to fail my GCSE's xD

Anyway, hope you like it! <3