Status: My inspiration for this story has ceased to exist, I'm not sure if I'm able to finish it the way I want to...

Anthelion

Encounter

There was nothing I could do, but look at her. And she looked at me.

She sat on the floor in the middle of her room, the robe sagging slightly so that I could see her left shoulder and some of her chest. I wished so badly that she would take it off so that I could see the rest of her, for it had been so long since I had. Her clear blue eyes watched me for some time, and I watched as the light highlighted different parts of her bronzed skin.

Can you hear me?

She blinked and her eyes became more intense, biting her lip, she nodded. "Can you hear me?"

Yes.

Her eyebrows pulled together and she said, "Wait . . . can you hear my voice?"

It wasn't just that I heard her voice, I felt it. I felt it deep inside my soul where it touched every part of me and warmed everything that I felt and heard. I felt every vibration and the timbre of it washed throughout me like a tidal wave. When she spoke her voice left me trembling with agitation for more and with the certainty that nothing could ever sound so absolutely perfect.

Yes, I can hear your voice.

"Hmm. See, I can't hear your voice out loud, but it's like I can hear it inside of myself."

I was surprised and disappointed because that meant that she was not able to hear me like I heard her. I didn't think that my voice could have the same effect on her as her voice had on me. Although, I wished it did and I was curious.

What do I sound like?

She tilted her head to one side and pressed her lips together. "You don't sound like anything I've ever heard before. You sound beautiful. You sound like music."

I almost didn't believe her, how could I? Although, she did say it: beautiful . . . like music.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay.

321 words