Sick

Chapter 11

Images... Like on a screen. Of a boy. And a woman. Blood, and fire... A hospital, and bandages. A meadow, and a warm breeze.

"Ramona, come home!" A strong voice... His voice. But who was he? I ran til I stumbled into him, his arms catching me and pulling me close. "Silly, you shouldn't walk that far away, and you certainly shouldn't run back." He smiled. I melted inside.

"I'll always run when you call my name..." I murmur against his chest, my heart fluttering. My mind is in pieces, but he doesn't care. Care...? Does he care about me? Or no? I shudder against him. "I need you, you keep me sane... Elijah."

...Elijah?

He lifts my chin up and stares into my eyes. His are green... Pretty. He puts his forehead to mine as he helped me up. "I'll always be here to keep you sane, Ramona..." His lips brush against mine as the illusion shatters and I awake in the dark cell of a room that is now home.


~X~

I wake up scream, my head pounding. Ridley let me remember this time. I put my numb hands on the healing cuts on my arms. Almost gone already... I shivered. That damned woman, she did this. I shuddered and grab myself tightly. No more of this, I wanted out. Ridley wasn't talking so I went up to the door and screamed like a child.

Loud ringing in my ears... Bright, blinding light... A man appeared as I fell backwards with a silent shriek. He was older, and not dressed like a nurse.

"...... understand, Miss. Davis? No amount of screaming will get you out. Your screams are nothing compared to the ones we can produce." I nodded, shrunken back against my bed. "Don't worry Miss. Davis, its just you and I here, no one is watching. If you wish to curse at me, go ahead."

"I'm never alone, sir..." I murmured, the ringing getting quieter... I looked up at him and gave a twisted smile. "The voices in my head make sure of that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, another chapter!