Sick

Chapter 2

“She's subdued, sir,” I announce as I walk into the room and take off my gloves.

“Good. We'll need to put her in the Specials Ward. Keep her calm and keep her arms down. She can't kill anyone else,” said Victor, my boss.

“We also need to figure out what sets her off, and what possesses her while she's killing,” said a woman from the other side of the room. She was Victor's wife, Samantha, his second-in-command.

“I'll talk to her,” I said, as a way to figure out what goes on in her head.

“What's her name, Elijah?” Samantha asked me, her piercing eyes locked with mine.

“They ran a DNA test on her, and her name came up as Ramona Davis. She burned down her mother's house a couple years ago, killing her mother. She was sent to live with her father, then dropped off the radar. She wasn't enlisted in school, didn't work, there is no record of her until now. Her mother was killed when she was 13, so that would make her 18 now,” I informed them, the information locked in my brain due to the photographic memory I had been born with.

“See to it that she's analyzed. I want to know what makes her run. You're still alive, so I can assume that she trusts you, Elijah,” Victor said and left the room.

Samantha waltzed over and took my hands in hers.

“Are you sure he doesn't know?” I asked and she laughed.

“You'd of been fired if he did,” she said and pulled my lips down to hers. She led me to the desk and I propped her up on it.

“Then lets keep it a secret. Are you coming over tonight?” I asked between labored breathes.

“Wouldn't miss it for the world,” she said and bit my lip. I moaned, but pushed her away so I could clear my head and do my work.

“Tonight,” I said and kissed her once more, before going to set up Ramona's room.

When I got the job, I didn't think anything would come of my crush on Samantha. She had been an older woman, and being fresh out of college, I didn't think she would be interested in me the same way I had been interested in her.

I stepped into Ramona's room to find her awake and aware, even though I had knocked her out almost an hour ago, not even.