Sick

Chapter 3

I sat staring at the wall. I was barely moving, barely breathing, trying to remember. I remembered getting here, but nothing before...

A nurse walked in and I waved. He was weary, it seemed. I attempted to smile, but I'm guessing it was bad. He came up slow, a needle in his hand.

"Ramona...?" His voice was tender and mild, but underlying, there was something like...

Lust... He's hiding a lust...

I nearly jumped. A voice? In my head? Maybe I was crazy like they all said...

...They...? Who is 'they'?

Whilst I debated such things within my self, he moved into a chair.

"Ramona, can you talk?" He looked at me, calm and sure but nervous.

I stared at him.

"Who's Ramona?" I cocked my head to the side.

He sighed.

"You're Ramona. Do you remember what you did?" I shook my head no. "How about how you got here? Why are you here?" Another shake of the head.

"I try to remember and my body heats up... I have a fire in my chest when I try to remember."

He nodded and stood.

"Can you come with me?"

I stood up, and stumbled, my legs not used to holding my weight. I fell at his feet.

He lifted me up and carried me with ease, and carried me to a hall labelled "Isolation". He took me to a small room and set me inside. I looked up, confused.

"I'll come by tomorrow to check on you. Behave." After that, he left.

That ultimately left me with my thoughts, my voices, my guardian angel, and my greatest demons.