Sick

Chapter 9

I looked at Elijah and opened my mouth to speak as I felt a sting in my neck, and the world faded black…

Idiot…! You shouldn’t have fought against me! My headed pounded as I sat up in Ridley’s meadow. She faced me angrily, like a mirror with one exception- Endless black eyes. She walked up to me, fists balled up in anger. You’re so ignorant sometimes! Don’t you see he’s just going to us-

Her absent voice cut out as the sky turned blood red and my side began to burn. I screamed then, knowing my voice would carry through the real world too. I looked at Ridley; her side was turning red as her blood- my blood- began to spill forth. I put an hand on my side, then looked at her frantic.

“What’s happening…? I’m scar-” More pain, as blood splattered forth, trickling down her right arm, than the left. The sky rumbled with a new voice, that of a woman. She sounded weary, and like she’d been crying, but also angry…

“You little bitch… You stole Elijah from me, and then nearly killed him… What the hell is wrong with you?!” I felt as though I’d been smacked across the face. I looked at Ridley, fear racking my body.

“Ridley, help me… Take the body; stop her from hurting me…” I looked down and began to cry. Ridley touched my shoulder, and I hers.

You’ll lose more memory and more of that delicious soul if you willing let me in. Do you accept? Her usual cynical voice was less so, more robotic. I nodded, and with a cruel smile, she faded into me…

~X~

I opened my eyes and felt the fire. Time moved slower for me as Ridley, flicked her- I mean my- wrist and the woman flew to the wall. Apparently, blood loss only made her- me- stronger. Breaking the restraints, Ridley stalked towards the woman.

“Ma’am, Elijah had it coming. You are a whore, and if you ever touch me again, I will kill you…” She nodded and Ridley let her down. Then she was gone from my mind.

I stumbled out of the room, right into Elijah, who flinched and backed into a wall. I turned and faced him, looking wide-eyed through my hair.

“Elijah, I’m sorry, I just…” He looked at me fearfully, and then tugged me down the hall to my room.

“Why..? Ramona, just stay away from me..”