Status: just starting

Forget

02

I'm there again, shivering against the biting cold, peering up at a run down two storey house. It's always the same time of day too; a little after dusk, somewhere in the latter stages of twilight where the sun has just shut it's eyes to the world. Shadows play across the field of grass I am standing in, they whisper through the trees like a child desperately clutching on to a delicious little secret. They caress the skin of my arms, my cheeks, my chest where my nightdress has left it bare, and I shudder at the touch.

Despite the strangeness of it all, I like it here. The smell of the ruins, of a long abandoned home, comforts me, strengthens me.

Silently, I stand watch; waiting for something that I'm not quite sure about. Impatience runs through me, heady and strong, and I whimper from a need for something unnamed. In what could have been hours or mere minutes, I spot him suddenly. He is walking out of the woods that line the field - head bowed to the cold, shoulders hunched. My heart leaps at the sight of the strange man walking towards me. I may have never seen him before but the familiarity, the longing that rushes through me is potent enough to leave me gasping his name.

Tom.

And then suddenly, he is there, right in front of me and his eyes - eyes as dark as the swirling waves of a crimson ocean - are searching mine.

"We're going to be alright," he says before leaning down to claim my lips with his own. I allow him the access he demands. After I can take no more, I pull away and run my thumb over a pale cheek. He's beautiful, I think. Tom runs his hands over my arms, instantly warming them, and pulls me closer. I inhale his scent - an intoxicating collusion of night and shadows, of pain and pleasure - and shudder again, just like I had when the shadows had reached out.

"You're mine now." Tom's voice is low, his lips pressing against my ear. I can only just nod. Winding my arms around his neck, I know that I will never be able to let him go. I will never be able to walk away from him again. As if to reassure himself, Tom whispers the promise one more time.

"You're mine forever and for always."