‹ Prequel: I Still Hear the Rain

Remembering Sunday

Convincing

Brittany-

It has been nearly a year since I left Baltimore. I still kept up with the guys. And no, I haven’t spoken to them since they left on tour. I just followed their growth. They released their EP Put Up or Shut Up right after they came back from the tour. Now, they were in the process of releasing their first full length album. I was on my way to pick Maddy up from daycare when my phone rang. It was a number I haven’t seen in a long time.

“Hello?”

“Brittany?”

“J-Jack? How did you-”

“Johnson’s. Look, we need you. Before you say anything, hear us out.”

“Fine. But I have to run in and pick up Maddy.” I sighed. “Can I call you back in like ten
minutes?”

“Promise?”

“Yeah, I promise.”

“Good. Now tell Maddy we say hi and that we miss her.”

“I will Jacky. I will.”

Jack-

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Zack asked as we walked through the mall. “I mean that is the reason she left.”

“Yes. All we have to do is tell her how bad Alex has gotten and what not. She’ll be worried. Then I tell her my plan, and she agrees to come back and see him.” I couldn’t stand seeing Alex so upset like this. People would laugh, because it’s over a girl. She isn’t just any girl to him. She was part of Alex. He started drinking a lot more, lately. I mean I’m all for drinking, partying and having fun, but not to the point where you’re drunk every day. That’s different. Alex was usually a happy go lucky person. Now, he’s depressed. He would stare at her pictures for hours on end. He’d fall asleep with our yearbook open to her picture.

“What if it doesn’t?”

“Then we go find her and drag her here.” I shrugged taking a sip of my Coke. My phone rang from my pocket. “Alright, it’s her.”

“Jack?”

“Yeah, look, it’s Alex. We’re really worried about him. He’s a wreck. He needs you. He’s becoming an alcoholic. We hate seeing him like this. Zack, Rian and I all tried talking him out of his state, but nothing is ever working. He seriously needs you and Maddy back in his life I know he hurt you, I know you probably hate him, but can’t you put it behind you and come save him? She sighed deeply. There was a long pause that followed. “Britt?”

“Yeah, I’m still here. What do you need me to do?”

“Come back to Baltimore. We’re going to surprise him. I’ll tell you the rest when we see you.”

“When do you need me down there?”

“Tomorrow. I know it’s really sudden, but please.”

“Okay. I’ll see you guys then. Maddy wants to talk to you.” I could hear the little girl screaming in the background.

“BEAR!” I ish ew guys…”

“We miss you too.” I chuckled. “Zacky says hi.”

“ZACKY!” She screamed in my ear. I really hoped my plan would work.

“I want to talk to them.” Zack took the phone. “Hi Maddy.”

“Zacky! Ess what!”

“What?”

“Mommy has a boyfwiend and his name is Ethan. He’s weally wice.” Zack and I looked at each other.

“Oh, hey Maddy can you put Mommy on the phone?”

“Otay, bye Zacky.”

“Zack?”

“Yeah. Who’s Ethan?”

“Oh, no one. He’s just a friend of mine.” Something told me would not be easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here's chapter 1! i hope you guys like it. sorry its not my BEST work but it will get better soon. promise. this chapter is for Jonathan Cook :) so remember every comment i get ill post a chapter:)
xxxxBrittany