Witchlight

Nine.

Our eyes were like saucers when Damon delivered the word prophecy and suddenly it all made sense to me. All the stories I was told as a child suddenly took a backseat to a much bigger nightmare, one that was unfolding in front of my eyes. Truth be told, Alex and I had no idea who we were, where we had come from. Both sets of birth parents had been killed by the one man who I had almost met with putting my best friends life in danger. Someone I had known my entire life, had grown to share everything, we had been born to something bigger and much more sinister. We had to find answers and in doing so kill off the man who killed our parents, an eye for an eye.

As we all prepared for the party at the Lockwood mansion that night we’d all be thinking in the back of our minds what had to be done. We had to keep up appearance I knew that much, deep down I would dredge into my conscience for my the hatred for Klaus and use it against Stefan. I had to we all had to.

It wasn’t until I was walking home with Jeremy beside me that I understood the vampire hybrid’s true nature. He wanted what he wanted because he felt like he was entitled I could understand that, but I could not understand why he felt in necessary to torture my birth parents. I resented Klaus, I resented him for taking my family from me. Alex decided to find some more information before the gala, and I was to go home to find myself something nice and formal to wear.

“What do you think will happen tonight?” Jeremy asked his voice soft, and hinted with anger.

“I suspect that Damon and Stefan will kill Klaus and everything will be well again. It’s strange isn’t it this year has been nothing, but a bunch of mishaps, mistakes and other stuff.” I held my hand out and he grasped it.

We walked in silence until we came to my street and I looked onto the porch hoping that Alex would be waiting, however to my dismay my porch was empty. I walked to my bedroom while Jeremy stayed on the couch.

I showered and then pulled on the blue dress I was going to wear to the party at the Lockwood mansion. After getting ready I headed down the stairs just ready to get rid of this pain in my heart and get rid of the man who caused it. I had spent 18 years of my life in a family that wasn’t my own and my real parents would never see me in this dress.

We got into my car and headed out to the grill where we were supposed to meet everyone else to get the go ahead on everything. I was a little worried, as I wasn’t sure the plan would actually work. I pulled into the parking lot in front of the grill and I sat there in the silence just hearing Jeremy’s and I’s breathing. I set my hands on the steering wheel and said softly, “ This is it, this is the end I hope it works.”

Jeremy looked at me, “Are you sure you and Alex are going to be okay?”

I nodded and got out of the car painting a smile on my face. I walked inside the grill and saw Elena sitting with Damon, Alex, Tyler, and Caroline. Elena looked up and waved us over a grim look on her face. Once I got to the place where they were standing, she spoked, “ I staked Rebecca we can’t have any fall backs in our plan.”

“Klaus will kill us all, we have to get him TONIGHT.” Damon was clear on how intense the situation was.

I nodded and we all agreed to meet up at the dance, Caroline and Tyler left first. I sat in front of Alex taking in the situation.

“We find out we are witches and in the same day that an evil vampire werewolf hybrid is after us, because of a prophecy created years before we were even thought of. Would you call our senior year interesting?”

“Pretty much, it’ll all be over soon Rachelle,” Alex tried to reassure me.

I laid my hands on the table, and Elena spoke once more, “Caroline just called Tyler’s got a band and everything.”

We all piled into three cars and started down the road to the Lockwood mansion. It was time for the plan to be executed as soon as we exited the cars and headed into the mansion where we would be done with out little mission.

I stood in the foyer with Alex and Jeremy waiting for something to happen and I saw Stefan run through the dining room to speak to Damon.

I heard, “This is a wake!” from outside the door and it was Tyler.

Then Alex and I turned to see Klaus speak from outside the doors about planning his fathers funeral. I suddenly began to rock on the balls of my feet. I panicked and Tyler came rushing into the room to grab Matt and he yelled, “ You guys have to get out of here, get out now! Klaus has something planned so whatever you were going to do stop, there are hybrids here!”

Alex gasped and we headed for the door, trying to get the others to come with us. As soon as we got to the door an older man burst through it. In a second the man called Klaus stood in front of us.

“Hello Nicklaus,” Michael said menacingly

“Hello Michael won’t you come in? Oh that’s right you can’t.”

“Oh you can come outside,”

“Or I can watch my hybrids tear you limb for limb,” Klaus spat.

Michael demeaned his step-son once more and Klaus threatened him with the hybrids but then Michael said that they could be compelled and one of them popped up with Elena. I wanted to scream out for them to stop, but Bonnie motioned for Alex and I to move out of the way.

Klaus yelled for Michael to kill Elena and then Damon came up from behind and staked Klaus, but Stefan pushed him out of the way the stake falling to the ground. Klaus then stood up and stabbed the stake through Michael’s heart and he burst into flames.

“What the hell did you do?!” Damon screamed the rest of us stood there stunned.

Klaus spoke, “He earned his freedom.”

Stefan stared at him breathing hard and Klaus mumbled, “Thank you my friend you no longer have to do as I say.”

The rest of us stood there in a stunned silence, this was not supposed to happen. We needed to kill Klaus for the prophecy to not be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay guys c: