Status: Brand New!

She's So Country

I'm Gonna Wish I Had A Storm Warning

“She’s what?” The entire band shouted.
“She’s dead. She died sixteen years ago giving birth.” I said quietly.
“So she has a daughter?” Jimmy asked.
“Yeah.” I said.
*Matt's P.O.V.*

“Well what’s her name?” Brian asked.
“I don’t know. I left before I even asked.” I confessed.
“Do you think she could be your kid?” Zacky asked.
“She could be. I mean we were very sexually active. And she did just leave all of a sudden.” I said.
“So what are you going to do?” Brain asked.
“Hire a private investigator and find out if she really is my kid.” I said.
“And if she is?” Johnny asked.
“Try to get custody of her.” I said.

*********

Weeks had passed since I had found out I could have a daughter. I did get a private investigator and they had found out that the girl who could possibly be my daughter, is named Lucinda Sophia Johnson. She’s sixteen years old and was born on October 31, 1994.
Today was the day I would find out if she truly was my daughter. Since Lucinda’s DNA was already in the data base, all I had to do was give my blood and they would run the tests. Lucinda doesn’t even know this is happening.
“Hey Matt, there’s two guys here to see you.” Brian said coming into my room.
“Alright I’ll be down in a minute.” I said. This was it. Now or never. I got up and walked downstairs and saw two men dressed in suits.
“Hi Mr. Gibson.” I greeted my investigator.
“Hello. Can we sit down and talk?” He asked.
“Sure, this way.” I said led him to my dining table.
“So what’s the news?” I asked nervously.
“Well, Lucinda Sophia Johnson, is your daughter.” He said. Holy fuck. I have a daughter.
“Alright. What happens now?” I asked taking a deep breath.
“Well if you want to sue for custody-” He said but I cut him off
“I do.” I said.
“Alright, Mr. Landon is a Child Custody Lawyer. He will be able to help you with that.” He said introducing me to Mr. Landon.
“So where do we go from here?” I asked him.
“Well I think the best thing for you to do is meet Lucinda before we go any further.” He suggested.
“Alright that’s fine. How soon can we do it?” I asked.
“I can have you on flight to Rain Tree first thing tomorrow.” He said.
“That’s great.” I said.
“Good, I’ll call tomorrow morning with more information.” He said. Soon we said our goodbyes and I went up to pack. I didn’t know how long I would be there so I packed extra.

The next morning I woke and I was extremely nervous. Today I would officially meet my daughter. The daughter I didn’t know I had. I waited for Mr. Landon to call me back. When my phone rang I jumped to get it.
“Hello?” I said.
“Mr. Sanders, I have good news. Your flight leaves in 2 hours.” He said.
“That’s great. Is there anything else I need to know?” I asked.
“Yes. You have to remember that Lucinda doesn’t know you’re her Father. Neither does any of her family. You have to break the news gently to them.” He said.
“I will.” I said.
“Well then I think everything is set. Good luck.” He said and hung up.
Five hours later I was arriving in Kernville waiting to get picked up and taken to Rain Tree. Once my driver arrived we drove about ten minutes to Rain Tree farms. I couldn’t believe that this was where my daughter had grown up.
I walked up to the house and rang the doorbell just like last time. I was a nervous wreck.
“Well, hello Mathew! How are you?” Jean greeted me with a smile.
“I’m doing good Jean. I was wondering if you and I could talk in private.” I asked.
“Sure! Come on in! Everyone is out at the race track training right now.” She said and let me in.
“So what was it you wanted to talk about?” She asked as we sat down at the kitchen table.
“Well when I came by for the funeral and I found out that Emma had a daughter, I got curious. I had always wondered why she just up and left me. So I hired a private investigator and I found out something.” I said.
“And that is?” She asked.
“I’m Lucinda’s father.” I said and let her take in the news.
“But how can you be sure?’ She asked.
“Lucinda’s blood was already in the data base and all I had to do was get tested. Our blood was a match. Here are the papers to prove it.” I said. I pulled out a folder with a bunch of papers and showed them to her.
“So what exactly do you want?” She asked.
“I want to get to know my daughter.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Be on the look out for a couple updates today! Please comment and subscribe!
Should I keep this story going? Or just trash it? Let me know! Thanks!