10 Ways to Fall in Love

Way 1: Falling in Love with Someone Although They Cheated on You

They were simply two close friends crushing on one another. They never had the guts to bring that fact out to one another, so how they got together was an accident everyone was waiting for. They all knew the pair liked each other, and they were rooting for them. She was sad. Between school finals, college apps, and having to choose your major, just to be topped off with a terrible period she was going through a rough patch. She was taking it by stride. Just going with the grain, knowing very well that was all she could manage to do.

She was having a moment of break down. She was supposed to be hanging with him and some others, but she was busy freaking out and having a mini break down. He decided to check on her. Her mom let him in, and he went to her room only to find her crying her eyes out. He automatically went up to her to comfort her. He put down the teddy bear her got her knowing how much she loves stuffed animals. After putting the bear down he pulled her into his chest. Her face on his chest drenching his shirt in tears, not that he cared. When she managed to stop the tears she looked up at him as he looked down at her, and then he took a risk. He kissed her, lightly, and she responded to his kiss positively. After the kiss he shyly got up grabbed the bear and gave it to her. She laughed and hugged the bear close to her telling him a heartfelt thank you as well. That is how they got together, and from that moment on they were as serious as a couple could be at their age.

***

Cheating can be one of the worst things you do to your boyfriend or girlfriend. The significance of cheating varies based on many factors. It is based on how did you get together, how serious are you, where are you in the relationship, and so many other internal factors that it’s a wonder anyone knows the severity of them cheating, but they always know.

In the case of these two they were pretty good friends first, they were very serious, they said I love you, they had been dating for three months, and they both were even talking about a future together.

***
She sat there laying on her bed staring at the ceiling hugging the teddy bear he gave her to her chest. It was raining outside, and the only sound she could hear was the sound of the rain hitting the window pane, that sound used to be a comfort to her, but now it was simply making it worse. The rain was so loud that she couldn’t even hear the sound of her tears falling. She was crying because her world did a 180 without her consent. It seemed all she did was work, eat, sleep -if she was lucky- and cry. Tonight she wasn’t lucky, sleep wasn’t coming, and she knew it wouldn’t all night.

There he was, head in his hands, a position he has been in a lot lately; this time, however, he was fortunate, there were no tears, he had no more tears to shed. Nothing had been the same since she left. He kicked her out of his life, but she cheated on him what did you expect. She kissed another guy. You can’t expect him to just forgive her. He loves her, that simple kiss broke him. She was supposed to be his, and only his. He was supposed to be the ok one, yet he had been through hell the last three weeks without her. If they were still together tonight he would’ve snuck into her room and would fall sleep on her bed with her in his arms.

He decided that was it. He was fed up. She was his and no one else’s kiss or no kiss.
The next thing he did was a risk. It was a risk because he didn’t know if she was over him. But we all know, or will learn, love makes people do crazy things, granted this wasn’t crazy, just possibly stupid.
There she was still trying to sleep only hearing rain when her phone went off signaling a text. Who’d text her so early in the morning she wasn’t sure, but when she saw his name her heart leapt. She read the text and did what it said and opened her window. There he was sitting on her balcony.

“I’m so sorry! It meant nothing…” She began before getting cut off by his lips.

He pulled away and asked, “Honestly, do you love me?”

“Yes! I’m so sor…” she began again only to again be cut off by his lips, not that she was complaining, she had been dreaming about kissing him the whole three weeks they were apart.

“Do you want to be with me?”

“Yes Z…” She was once again cut off the lips that she was addicted to.

“Are you mine, and only mine?”

“Yes.” She says, but instead of being cut off by him she kisses him roughly and passionately.

“I forgive you. Be my girlfriend again cause you’re already mine, and I’m already yours.”

“Yes. You’re all I’ve been wishing for.”

They sealed the deal with a kiss and finally managed to get some sleep together in her bed, the first good sleep either had managed in three solid torture filled weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally titled I'm Going Down in short story form