10 Ways to Fall in Love

Way 10: Falling in Love with Someone Your Parents don't Approve of

They were never meant to be together. He is a dreamer. She is realistic. He is a prettyboy. She is a nerd. He has dated plenty of girls. She has yet to have her first kiss. Their families hate each other. He is a secret romantic. She thinks romances is stupid. Fate wasn’t on their side. He is rarely in the same state for two days in a row. She is always in Chicago. His friends are crazy and loud. Her friends are quiet and conservative. He dropped out of college. She is working hard in college to get an MD to become a doctor. One Day. One night club. Two people who were never meant to be together. A moment of fearlessness. Falling in love. They were a Time Bomb waiting to explode.

“Come on! We are never going to do this again. Let’s go!”

“Why did you agree to this bet?”

“Belle, don’t you want to prove the guys wrong? Prove to them that we can be loud and crazy?”

“Yes.” Belle sighs as she walks out of the bathroom before cracking up at the sight of her friend Mary.

“Mary, we are going clubbing. You have to dress the part.”

“Mary looks Belle up and down starting at her sparkly converse, then her short blue layered short skirt, and finally at her All Time Low t-shirt.

“You don’t look like you are going clubbing.” She retorted.

“Well you look like a girl scared to show any skin at all for fear of being indecent and being called a slut.” Belle says gesturing to her navy blue turtle neck shirt to her loose fit pants and old gym shoes.

“What? I think I look cute.”

“Mar, come on! We need to win this bet. Now you are changing.” Belle says with determination that scares Mary while dragging her into her closet.

When Belle is done with Mary she is wearing slightly low-cut sparkly top, tight fit jeans, and heals.

“No way Belle!”

“No questions you are wearing that. I’m sure Jase will be staring at you and will be dying to ask you out after seeing you dressed like this.” Belle says knowing all too well how to manipulate her friend.

“Ok let’s go! The guys are waiting to take us to the club as proof.” Mary yells running down the stairs hoping to convince Jase to ask her out.

***

Zach was sitting and staring at a blank page in his notebook hoping lyrics would just come to him. While staring at the paper all he had achieved was analyzing the whiteness of the paper and the straightness of the lines. He concluded that the lines were literally perfectly straight with few mistakes, and that the paper was the epitome of white. It only took him three hours to figure all that out.

“Bro, you’ve been staring at that paper for hours! Time to get out! You, Michael, and I are all finally twenty-one; let’s go clubbing!” Cameron says to his friend.

“Alcohol isn’t our thing.”

“Who says we are going to drink?”

“Come on guys, let’s go.” Michael says popping his head into the hotel room.

The boys arrive at the club making sure their phones were on vibrate so they could still reach each other need be.

Soon after they guys walked into the club Zach found himself alone. Michael left to go talk to the girl who was wearing what he was pretty sure to be the shortest skirt in the whole club while Cameron left trying to get to know as many people as he can because he loves to meet new people.

Zach looked across the room looking for someone to talk and maybe dance with when he spots a girl wearing converse and a band t-shirt. He begins to make his way towards her.

***

“Mary, we are in a club, let’s act like it!”

“Why? I mean what’s the point of hitting on guys when our future is practically set in stone. I’m marrying Jase and you are marrying Sean.”

“I don’t’ feel that way about Sean. Also this is for fun, nothing serious.”

“I don’t get it. Also Sean has feelings for you.”

“I know he does, but I don’t feel the same way.”

“You two would be perfect together!”

“Exactly! I don’t want perfect.”

“Sometimes I don’t get you.”

Belle shakes her head and when she looks up she sees a hot guy with brown hair and sky blue eyes looking at her.

“Hi” mystery guy with blue eyes tells her.

“Hello there” Belle responds to Mary’s dismay.

“Would you like to dance?”

Belle notices there is no smell of alcohol on his breath and knows this club doesn’t sell vodka shakes her head yes and waves bye to a dumbstruck Mary.

The two get on the dance floor and begin to grind and talk.

“So what’s your name blue eyes?”

“Zach”

“Have a last name?”

“I do. Do you have a first?”

“Belle White”

“Zach Porter”

The two realize who they are dancing with and instantly stop.

Belle was about to walk away when Zach grabs her by the waist and pulls her towards him and whispers in her ear, “Come on, you need more danger in your life.”

Belle shivers and starts to dance again, although she is tense in Zach’s arms. Zach joins her in dancing without removing his arm from around her.

After a few songs Belle loosens up and her and Zach talk while they dance.

After awhile the two decide to go outside for fresh air.

From the moment the two told each other their names there was sexual tension between the two due to the sheer fact the two were never suppose to meet let alone talk and dance, yet they are extremely attracted to one another. After they stepped outside they got rid of that
tension.

Zach didn’t know what came over him, but once they were outside he attacked her lips with his own with a hunger he never felt before.

Belle was shocked by the feel of Zach’s lips against hers, but she loved how their lips seemed to fit together like to pieces of a puzzle.

Not long after he engaged her in the kiss she was kissing him with the same hunger he was kissing her with.

They both loved the feel of their lips pressed together, and the feel of their tongues dancing together, but the fact they weren’t suppose to be doing it, the fact that it was the worst thing they could be doing in their parents eyes, made the kiss more intense and meaningful.
Zach pulled away because he wanted her to get something straight, “Belle I really like you. I have feeling for you. This isn’t a one night type of thing for me. I want you. I want you to be
mine.”

“If my parents saw me right now they would literally disown me.”

In a feeling of pure desperation Zach does the only thing he could think to do, “So you don’t feel this?” He said before roughly pressing his lips to hers with all the passion he can muster, which is more than one might think.

She pulled away breathless and looking into his sky blue eyes getting lost in the clouds.
“Take a risk with me.” He whispers pleadingly not being able to imagine life without her now that he found her, his true love.

Belle has never done one thing she personally wanted to other than work towards her MD; however, she is expected to marry Sean and leave everything, including her practice to become a house wife.

“If we get married…” She starts to say before being cut off by Zach saying, “When we get married…”

“Would I have to be a house wife?” She says continuing her thought.

Zach was completely thrown off by her comment, though he understood his answer was crucial he wasn’t going to lie to her, “Only if you want to be one.”

The same thing that came over Zach when they first walked outside came over Belle after Zach’s reply. Before Zach knew what was going on his body was pressed against a brick wall, his lips were dancing a familiar tango with her lips, and her hands were running up and down his chest.

Shocked but happy he flips her so she is pressed against the brick wall and mumbles “Will you be mine, and no one else’s?” into her lips.

***

After Belle left Mary was alone and afraid in a foreign environment. She looked at her friend dancing and saw the joy and lust on her face.

A guy with slightly curly brown hair and bright green eyes started to talk to her trying to get to know her. The two talked for awhile before they began to dance together, more innocently then Belle and Zach.

After a few hours of good clean fun Mary was having with the boy whose name she learned was Cameron she felt her phone vibrate in her tight jeans.

“Hello?” She answered laughing to Cameron without looking at the caller ID.

“Mary?” A surprised Jase answers on the other side of the phone.

“Oh, Jase, What’s up?”

“You two win the bet, let’s go!”

“I don’t want to go, and I don’t know where Belle is.”

“We can’t reach her.”

“Well call me when you reach her. Until then I am going to keep having fun.”

“What! Mary No! I don’t want you in there anymore! Get out now!” Jase said in the pure fear that she was having fun with someone whose gender was male and wasn’t him.

“Fine, coming.” She says angrily before slamming her phone shut.

“Sorry Cam, I have to go.”

They sadly left each other’s company after trading numbers with the promise to talk soon.

Mary walks outside pissed only to be pulled and more or less claimed by Jase.

“Hands off Jase! I’m not yours!” Instantly after her saying this and pulling away from him the three see Belle pressed up against a brick wall in the middle of a heated lip lock. Sean gets pissed in an instant. As far as he is concerned Belle is his, and no one else’s.

In a fit of pure rage Sean rips the guy off Belle and pulls her into him and drags her to the car.

As Belle is being dragged away she yells “YES!” while making a call me sign.

Belle and Mary were dropped off at Belle’s by two angry possessive non-boyfriends.

The second the duo walk through the door Mary says, “I get it!”

“Get what?”

“I don’t want perfect, I just want Cameron.”

“Cameron?”

“I met him at the club.”

Then the two went into their nights and their guys. When Belle was finished with her night Mary said, “You two are like a time bomb waiting to explode.”

***

The next morning the two girls woke up to texts from their guys asking them to hang out for the day and go to a concert with them. They agreed to meet at a coffee shop the girl now aware their guys know each other. The girl lied to their parents saying they were having a girls day out and going to a concert. As the girl left Belle’s house they were stopped by Jase and Sean.

“What the hell was that last night?!?!” Sean yelled at Belle.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you making out with that guy like you were about to die. You’re mine.”

“I’m not yours! Not by any standard of the imagination. Maybe our parents want us together, but I never agreed to that.”

“Belle…”

“Oh shut up! And learn I’m not a prize I am a girl with feelings and emotions treat me like
one, not like a piece of property, especially when I’m not a piece of property you own in any way shape or form.” She yelled at him cutting him off before crossing her arms and walking to the car willing to wait patiently for Mary. Sean started walking over to her car until he saw her ‘look’. It was a look that Belle perfected and that look said I wouldn’t dare.

“Um… Mary would you go out with me?” Jase asked Mary shyly yet hopefully.

“Oh Jase I’m sorry! If you would have asked me before I went into the club I would have jumped at the chance and said yes, but I’m sorry I met someone else in the club.” With that and a sympathetic look on her face she walked over to the car where the two drove to the coffee place where they were meeting the boys.

***

The girls had a great time with the guys that night and even attended the guys' concert. The two girls finally had boyfriends, ones they weren’t supposed to have, especially in Belle’s case.

The duo texted and talked to their boys on the phone or through skype often. Anytime the boys were in town, they saw the girls, whether it meant sneaking into their house because they are grounded due to the fact they keep turning Sean down for a date or whether it was having one of the girls fake sick to get out of a function their parents wanted them to attend with Jase on their arm.

One day when Belle was bored and her parents were out she went to her basement to look into their old boxes of memories; memories her mother always told her were best left in the past. There was a box that said ‘Belle’s childhood in Maine’. Maine was the state she was born in. When she was growing up she had a close friend who she couldn’t recall the name of before his family left, and soon after hers. Their families used to be close friends until something came up and everything was changed, hate was used to describe their relationship at the end of her stay in Maine. She remembered being a kid and thinking her parents were being stupid, at the age of 4 she thought that.

She was desperately trying to recall that little boy’s name. While she was trying to recall his name she opened up the box to find picture of herself and the boy. What shocked her was the boys feature. She would know those features anywhere. Especially those lips. Those lips on that little boy were lips she was dreaming of kissing every night (not the little kids lips, she isn’t a pedo, but the older version’s lips). Those were Zach’s lips, she would know them anywhere. She went through the entire box, and two others like it. She looked at every picture, she saw every video, and played with every lost toy.

That is when she saw it. She saw Bonbon. Bonbon was a teddy bear Zach won her when they were little kids at a fair. She ‘lost’ Bonbon, but now she realized Bonbon was kept from her because Zach gave him to her. She didn’t remember much about her childhood, there was only one thing she remembered. She remembered the sparks, the heat, the electricity that she felt every time she held little Zach’s hand. The same feeling she has when she holds big Zach’s hand. That is when she knew, what she and Zach have is real, and never ending. That though scared her and made her fall to the floor. What happens when the ‘time bomb’ goes off and she is lying under the wreckage? Will anyone be there to pull her out? Will she get out by herself? Will she die under all of the damage? As she was thinking these thoughts she heard her parents coming inside so she closed up all the boxes after putting everything away, everything but Bonbon.

***

After awhile Zach noticed his feelings for Belle were increasing at an exponential rate. He could also tell her feelings for him were doing the same. Something happened between one phone call and the next where her feelings clearly and bluntly increased, not that Zach minded at all. His love for her scared him. It was scary enough for Mr. Player to know that he had fallen in love, and hard.

One day he was surprising her by coming into her room through the window when something caused him to stop. That something was a bear on her bed. He would know that bear anywhere it was Bonbon. When he was growing up he won it for his best friend in Maine, who just so happened to be a girl. He struggled to recall her name until he realized her name was Belle. Was Belle his Belle? He had to find out.

He knocked on her window causing Belle to jump and after seeing him get excited. She opened the window and after he was inside she pressed her lips to his with so much want and passion instantly deepening the kiss. He eagerly reciprocated the kiss. If she was Belle from his childhood it would only make him love her more not less. It would explain to him why he felt the same sparks, heat, passion, and fire in veins at every touch from Belle now that he did when she was a little kid.

He pulled away after a bit and asked her, “Where did you get that bear?”

“You won it for me when we were little. I realized one day that you were the little Zach in Maine, the little Zach I was falling for when I was 4. I was falling for you since I was 4. That is 17 years.”

“Belle I love you.”

“I love you too Zach. I love you too.”

***

She was under the wreckage. She knew she was. She has been kicked out of her house, and her parents are disowning her. There was nothing left to do except hope that Mary could help her out. Time to see who will pull me out of the wreckage she thought. On her way to Mary’s holding Bonbon when her phone went of playing ‘Time Bomb’ by All Time Low, Zach’s personal ringer.

“Hello?”

“Baby what is wrong?”

“How do you know something is wrong?”

“Your voice.”

“Oh well my parents found out about us, you left your shirt at my place last night, and well I’m
kicked out of my house.”

“Baby! Where are you going?”

“Mary’s see if she can help me out.”

“We are in town one more day, go to Mary’s I will be there in twenty.”

Mary welcomed Belle into her house with open arms as did her parents after the girls spilt every detail. Her parents understood unlike Belle’s.

Twenty minutes later the doorbell rang, and in walked Zach. He walked in walked up to Belle and said, “I wish I didn’t have to do this in this manner, but I need you to know I’m here for you, I always will be. I don’t want you to be anywhere but near me. When we are on the road it kills me knowing you aren’t near me. I need you.”

“Zach what are you trying to say?”

Zach got down on one knee and asks her, “Let me pull you out of the wreckage of our time bomb, and Marry me.” Zach said referring to her comparison to their relationship to a time bomb, and remembering one time late at night when she thought he fell asleep while talking on the phone to him when she was asking herself who would save her from the wreckage of their time bomb of love.

Belle was crying her eyes out so all she could do was nod her head yes. Zach stood up and grabbed her and spun her around before putting the ring on her finger with a smile.
Zach felt terrible that she lost her family, but knew she had gained his.
♠ ♠ ♠
originally Time Bomb