Status: Completed :)

Family Values

Chapter Twelve

February 21st, 2012
Tuesday
The Lucic’s house, Middleton, MA
4:00 P.M.

Donna walked into a disaster.

“Raina we’re here!” said Donna, not seeing her.

“Be right down!” said Raina loudly from upstairs. Donna heard one of the babies crying. Raina came down the stairs holding both Willow and Luca. Willow was loudly crying and Luca was fussing and pulling on Raina’s hair. Raina looked exhausted as she tried to calm Willow down and pry Luca’s tight little fists off of her hair.

“Can you take her please,” said Raina to Donna.

“Ya,” said Donna She quickly took Willow and shushed her gently. Willow had always liked Donna and loved being held by her. The little girl stopped crying and calmed down.

“You have always had a way with her,” said Raina, finally getting control of Luca.

“What a cute baby,” said Felicia. “How old are they?”

“Seven months,” said Raina.

“Awwwww, can I see him?” asked Felicia.

“Sure,” said Raina. “Be careful, he’s heavy.” Donna watched Felicia make obnoxious baby noises in Luca’s face. They moved into the living room and put both babies in a crib Raina had set up next to the couch.

“How long have you and Milan been married?” Felicia asked.

“For only about nine months,” said Raina. Before Felicia could ask any more questions Raina said “It’s a long story.” Felicia turned to Donna and said

“You and Greg should get married! I can’t wait to have nieces and nephews!” Donna laughed and said

“It’s a little early to be thinking about that.”

“Oh I don’t think so,” said Felicia.

“We’ve only been together for a few months,” said Donna.

“Ya but-” before Felicia could continue Willow started loudly crying again. She had dropped her pacifier over the side of the crib.

“She’s been like this all day” said Raina taking her out of the crib and putting her on the couch. Willow crawled over to Donna like she usually did. Before Willow could reach her Felicia said

“I wanna see her!” She picked Willow up and put her into her lap. Willow stayed quiet as she looked curiously at Felicia’s unfamiliar face. “She likes me!” said Felicia. It seemed childish to Donna for her to get upset over her sister connecting with Raina and Willow. But what if she tried to replace her?

“Game time,” said Raina, turning on the TV.

As usual, Raina was loud during the game, cheering on the Bruins. Felicia joined right in and Donna felt left out as she sat on the couch behind them. When Allison walked in Felicia felt relieved. She jumped up off the couch and said happily

“Allison!” she looked confused and said

“You’re happy to see me,” Donna smiled and said

“I haven’t seen you in forever!” Donna quickly turned to Felicia and said “Allison this is my sister Felicia, Felicia this is David Krejci’s girlfriend Allison.”

“I’m gonna need a hockey boyfriend soon, everyone else seems to have one,” said Felicia.

“That reminds me,” said Raina. “Milan wanted to plan on a team party for next weekend if you’re interested.”

“Ya that sounds good,” said Donna. Maybe with tons of new people to meet Felicia would keep from sticking so close to Greg.
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.