Status: Completed :)

Family Values

Chapter Eighteen

February 24th, 2012
Friday
Greg and Donna’s House, Boston, MA
2:03 A.M.

Donna came home around 2 A.M. to find Greg and Felicia asleep. She quietly got ready for bed and then checked on Greg's leg. The bruise was darker and had swelled up a bit more. She'd ask him tomorrow how long he was going to be out from hockey. She knew Greg hated having nothing to do. He got miserable when he was bored. She slipped into bed next to him and quickly fell asleep.

The next day Donna had work again from 8 to 5. She left Greg still sitting on the couch miserably with his leg propped up and Felicia who was going for an orientation meeting at her new doctors office.

On Saturday they had to go to Raina's for the team party she had planned. Donna wrapped up the gift she had for Tammy and she, Greg, and Felicia headed off to Middleton.

"I cant wait to meet all of your teammates." said Felicia excitedly.

"I thought you went out with them after the game?" asked Donna.

"Only a few," said Felicia. "Not all of them came."

When they pulled up to the front of Raina's house, Donna smiled at the group of little kids playing in the yard. It had been awhile since they had a team party. It was always the same, the kids played in the yard, the women hung out talking, and the men stood around in groups drinking beer and discussing hockey. They parked in the already packed driveway and got out. Andrew Ference, who had been tackling with some of the kids in the yard came over.

"Greg how's your knee?"

"I'm out for six weeks," he said.

"Sorry to hear," said Andrew. He looked at Felicia and said

"You must be Donna's sister, I'm Andy." Felicia smiled and said

"I'm Felicia,"

"So Felicia," said Andrew "How long are you gonna be in Boston?"

"Hopefully forever," she said laughing. "I moved here because I got a new job offer."

"Well welcome to the team," he said.

"Daddy come back!" called Andrew's daughter.

"I'll see you guys later," said Andrew. As they walked up the stone stairs to the house Felicia whispered.

"He was handsome!" Donna laughed and said

"Forget about it, he's married."

"The good ones always are," said Felicia laughing. When they walked in Donna could tell how overwhelming it was for Felicia. All the new people coming up and greeting her made her head spin. They separated from Greg and Donna led her into the kitchen to introduce her to some of the wives. Felicia found Tammy talking to Sheena Boychuck.

"I got you a baby present," said Donna. Tammy smiled and said

"Thanks so much Donna!"

"You're welcome, how's everything been?"

"It's going good," said Tammy. "I just can't wait to finally have this baby." Donna laughed and said

"Did you decide on a name?"

"Zach," said Tammy. "We were settled on it ever since we found out I was having a boy."

"Well congratulations," said Donna. "I want you to meet my sister Felicia, she just moved here from Philadelphia." Donna saw Raina beckoning her over from the dining room. "I'll talk to you guys later," she said. Leaving Felicia and Tammy to talk she went into the dining room to see Raina who was setting the table for dinner.

"What's up?" said Donna.

"Why would you talk to her," said Raina. Donna laughed and rolled her eyes. She knew Raina didn't like Tammy

"You're so childish," said Donna.

"She better not invite Milan's ex back here this year for playoffs." said Raina.

"Relax what do you have to worry about? You're married to him." said Donna.

"She's just a-" Milan walked in and Raina stopped.

"Hey Donna," he said.

"Hey," she said. She turned back to Raina with a smirk and said "So what were you saying?"

"Nothing," said Raina. "Just how sad I'm going to be when the team leaves for the away game tomorrow."

"Don't worry we'll be back in three days," said Milan. Donna looked out into the living room to see Greg. She left Milan and Raina to talk and went to see Greg.

"What's up?" said Donna.

"Where have you been?" asked Greg.

"With Raina," said Donna. She saw Felicia talking to Jordan Caron and said "They're getting to know each other."

"She went out with Tyler after that game but didn't like him," said Greg. Donna laughed and said

"No surprise there." She watched Felicia laugh at something Jordan had said. She couldn't tell of she was feeling happy that her sister had found someone she liked or if it was because she wanted Felicia to stay further away from Greg.
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.