Status: Completed :)

Family Values

Chapter Two

February 5th, 2012
Sunday
The Lucic Household, Middleton, MA
6:00 P.M.

“So how things at work?” asked Raina.

“Good,” Donna smiled and said “But I swear on full moons there are more deaths and births, it’s the most stressful day I’ve worked.” Raina and Donna sat in Raina’s living room. Like Donna had wanted, the girls had planned to get together. Allison had to stay late to rehearse a dance so she would be there later. For the time being it was just her and Raina. They sat on the living room floor. Raina’s twins had been learning to walk at nine months old.

Raina was gently holding onto her son as he stood up off the ground on his little wobbly legs.

“You must have a strong stomach to see what comes in the ER.” said Raina.

“Oh ya,” said Donna “definitely,” She had seen people in serious condition before and she had gotten used to it and no longer got sick over the sight of blood. Willow crawled over to Donna and smiled up at her with her big rosy cheeks. Donna pulled the little girl into her lap further. She heard the girl giggle in happiness at the attention she was getting. Donna loved children and had grown a soft spot for Raina’s daughter.

“She gets bigger and bigger every time I see her.” said Donna.

“Soon she’ll be moving away and going to college.” said Raina laughing. They heard a knock on the front door and Raina got up to open it. Donna saw Allison come in. She dropped her dance bags down and came into the living room.

“When’s the game on?” she said.

“7:00,” said Raina. Allison sat down with them on the floor and said

“So I heard you’re going to meet Greg’s parents this week.”

“Oh ya,” said Donna nervously. “It should be interesting.”

“Don’t let his dad get to you,” said Raina. “It’s not his choice on what Greg does.”

“I’m just scared how it’s going to go with my parents,” said Donna.

That next day, when Donna got home she spent the day tidying up the house to perfection. She had nervously rearranged the pillows on the couch three times already. Greg got home in the afternoon happy to see her. Unfortunately they only had a few hours together because Donna had the night shift.

When Greg walked through the door Donna jumped on him, trying to hug him as tightly as possible.

“I missed you!” she said, clinging to him. He laughed and said

“I missed you too,” When she let go of him she saw his bruised eye which was the result of a fight he’d gotten into last night.

“You’re hurt,” she said, examining his face.

“It’s no big deal,” he said, rolling his eyes as she continued to fuss over him.

“My parents are gonna think you’re a criminal.” she said.

“My parents will be here first,” said Greg. “They’re flying in at 4:00 in the afternoon.”

But Greg had been wrong. His parents called at 3:00 Tuesday to tell them they were already at the airport. Donna felt overwhelmed; she had just gotten home from work. She was half ready, and she hadn’t finished cleaning up. Greg left to pick them up, leaving her to finish things herself. She quickly finished her make up and went into the kitchen. They had a dinner planned, the food was all cooked. She had just finished setting the table when she saw Greg’s car pull into the driveway. She smoothed out the skirt she was wearing and went over to the door. When Greg walked in she put on her biggest smile waiting to greet his parents.
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm working on making custom layouts for all of my stories. I've already made the layouts for my Lucic and Horton stories, and also for my Krejci short story if you wanna go check those out. My next plan is to make a layout for this and my first Campbell story.