Status: Completed :)

Family Values

Chapter Twenty-Seven

March 6th, 2012
Tuesday
TD Garden, Boston, MA
10:30 P.M.

Greg got off the ice feeling exhausted. He showered and dressed as quickly as he could. He drove home by himself, knowing that his parents, Donna, and Felicia walked home.

He found Donna sitting alone at the kitchen table when he walked in.

“Where’s everyone else?” he asked.

“Getting ready for bed,” said Donna. He could tell there was something off about her but she looked up at him with unemotional eyes, giving nothing away.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

“No,” she said “It was a good game.” Greg smiled and said

“It was.”

“While I’m at work tomorrow are you driving your parents to the airport?” asked Donna.

“Ya their flight is at 11:30,” he said.

“I’ll miss your mom,” said Donna with a small smile.

“She really likes you,” he said, “Every time I’m on the phone with her she raves about you.”

“Wish you could say them same for your dad,” said Donna. She looked like she was thinking hard about something but then got up and said

“I’m so tired; I can’t wait to get into bed.”

The next morning Greg woke up alone and got out of bed hungry. He could smell his mom cooking something in the kitchen and he was quick to get up. Felicia was sitting at the table already eating the blueberry pancakes his mother had made.

“Good morning sweetheart,” said his mom, “Here’s your plate.” She handed him a plate stacked with pancakes.

“Thanks mom,” he said sitting at the table across from Felicia. She didn’t look up at him. His dad walked in already dressed to leave.

“Colin sit down for a minute and have something to eat,” said his mother. His father listened and his mother also handed him a plate full of pancakes.

“I hope you two will have a good flight back,” said Felicia smiling. “It’s to bad Donna couldn’t be here to say goodbye.”

“She did this morning to me,” said Greg’s mom, “I got up early to pack and she was up getting ready for work.” Felicia went back to cutting up a pancake, and Greg said

“She’ll be home at 4:00,” said Greg. Felicia finished her pancakes and went into her room to get ready for the day and Greg’s mom went to finish packing. It was just he and his dad sitting at the table.

“Donna tends to come home late doesn’t she?” asked his dad.

“I guess sometimes,” said Greg, “But I like that she works.” His dad shrugged and said

“It seems to consume a lot of her life.” Greg didn’t answer, hoping his dad would lay off the subject. “If only you could find a nice girl who worked a better job.” Greg ignored his dad’s comment. “Like Felicia, she’s a doctor.”

“I could never, would never date Felicia dad, I’m happy with Donna why can’t you just be happy with her too?” asked Greg.

“I think you could get better then her,” he said, “There’s a perfect opportunity standing right in front of you.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Greg.

“Felicia would be perfect for you,” said his dad.

“Never,” said Greg, “Donna’s perfect.” He stood up and went to get ready to drive to the airport. He was disgusted with what his dad was saying to him.

After dropping off his parents at the airport he went straight home. He forgot that Felicia would be there and walked in whistling in a good mood. He was surprised to see Felicia sitting on the couch in what looked like a Victoria’s Secret lingerie set from Donna’s bureau.

“What the hell are you doing?” asked Greg. She was smiling seductively as she stood up off the couch.

“Don’t I look great,” She turned around so he could get a full view. “I wear it much better than Donna.” She said nastily. He felt angry and threw his coat at her

“Cover your self up and go take that off,” He walked into the kitchen and she followed him.

“You know you like it,” she said. “You can’t help but admit that the night I kissed you you wanted more from me.”

“No I was drunk,” he said. “Go take that shit off and put it back in Donna’s bureau you shouldn’t be wearing it.”

“I know it’s a bit big because I’m not as chunky as Donna is but I still think it looks ok,” she said.

“Stop talking about her like that!” said Greg. He went up to her and looked her straight in the eyes. “I am not attracted to you, so get it out of your head and forget that anything happened.”

“I was always the better sister,” said Felicia, “It’s always been that way, with our family and friends. You can’t deny yourself of me Greg. You’ve wanted me from the beginning I could see it in your eyes when I first walked in and I can still see it now.”

“You’re a slut,” said Greg, “Leave me and Donna alone.” He was about turn away from her but she grabbed his face and pulled him down into a kiss. It all happened in a second. He heard the door open and Donna’s voice.

“I’m home,” she said “They let me out early cause they didn’t need all the extra help.” He pushed away from Felicia but the damage was already done. Donna was standing in the doorway with a shocked expression. Felicia was smirking, having accomplished what she wanted.