Status: Completed :)

Family Values

Chapter Thirty-Two: Epilogue

July 23rd, 2012
Monday
Hanalei Bay, Kauai, HI
1:00 P.M.

“Are there any more beers left?” asked Greg. Donna got up off her towel and looked inside the cooler.

“Yup,” she picked up a bottle and tossed it to Greg.

“Perfect,” he said. Everything was perfect. Donna lay back down on her towel next to Greg and said

“Nine more days of this.”

“Where have you guys been?” called a voice. Donna looked up to see Raina and Milan walking towards them.

“We’ve been here for an hour,” said Greg. “You guys woke up late.” Raina sat down next to Donna.

“Well excuse me for sleeping in on my vacation,” said Raina, kidding around. Donna laughed and said

“The weather’s perfect today.”

“It had been everyday,” said Raina, “I’m so glad we came here instead of Vegas,” said Raina. “This is paradise.” Milan and Raina had decided to come along for a couples vacation with Greg and Donna in Hawaii. They had been there for four nights already and were staying another nine.

“I’m glad the season’s over. We all need a break,” said Donna. The Bruins had lost during the 2nd round in the playoffs. No matter how disappointing it was that they didn’t win the cup again it as good that they ended early. They needed time to refresh and take a break from the craziness of their schedules. With what had gone on Greg and Donna needed time to recuperate and start making wedding plans.

They hadn’t told anyone what had happened except for Raina, Milan, and Donna’s parents. Family gatherings felt awkward. Her mother and father still loved Felicia but were on Donna’s side with what happened. Donna and Greg kept as far away from Felicia as possible. They hadn’t spoken since the day she left. She still lived in Boston but Donna hadn’t seen her around.

Life was good now. Milan and Raina decided to go on a walk down the beach leaving Greg and Donna alone. He sat up and looked at her smiling.

“Wanna go swimming?” he asked.

“Sure,” said Donna. They walked down to the water holding hands.

“I was thinking the beginning of next summer should be the time we get married.”

“Not sooner?” asked Greg surprised. Donna laughed and said

“No it takes much longer than a month to plan a wedding. You really have no idea about this do you.”

“It’s all new to me,” he said smiling. “And I can’t wait to experience it all with you.” Like the day she had finally broke away from Henry, it was the beginning of a new life for her. She and Greg’s future together was going to be amazing.
__________________________________________________
I'm pretty sure I posted the end of this story before I left a week ago but for some reason it's gone. Anyway I re-posted it and thanks again to everyone who commented, read, and subscribed to this story. :) I really appreciate it! Without my readers I'd have no reason to keep posting so attribute all my success on this website to you guys :)

As most of you know I'll be making a complete Bruins series of two stories for three players each on the team (Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, and Greg Campbell.) When I'm done I'll be writing one story that brings them all together. I'll have the story up soon. you can read the preview here. The Greg Campbell preview is not up because I just finished this story.