Status: NEW CO-WRITTEN STORY!!

Vampire Hearts

Protection At All Costs

As I paced myself across the dark halls of my home, I could sense that something was wrong with her, the chosen one, with Razlyn.Probably something that Jared had said to her, but it was key that I protected her at all costs, and that being said I would take nothing but precaution, and always make sure that she didn't go out alone."Leave me alone, Jared.I don't want to see you for the rest of this night.Just go away!" I heard her hiss at him, clearly in a bad mood.

"Jared, leave the poor girl be for now.Razlyn, I only sent him to go find you and to keep you safe from danger.You just need to learn to ignore his actions." I told her sternly, trying to calm her down somewhat.But it wasn't working, and she was just in fact growing even more upset then she was a few moments ago."Whatever, I'm through for the night." She scowled, before storming off to her lair."If she keeps this up, I don't know how long I'm going to put up with it.And I definitely won't think twice about ending her." Jared said, sounding annoyed and very sarcastic.

I didn't think twice before lunging at him, showing my exposed canine teeth and shoving him against the wall."Don't you dare even try to do anything to her.You and I both know that she is a lot stronger and faster then you are.She won't have a problem in sticking up for herself and then ending you." I growled, putting my hand to his throat."Calm down, Ville.We all know you that favor her more out of all of us, so you might as well just get over yourself." He spat before shoving me off of him and starting to walk away.

"I just don't want any fighting or any nonsense going on.We all don't need any of that right now, especially with the problems we're already facing.Now go and do something productive, and leave her alone." I said, grinding my teeth together.With a simple shrug of his shoulders and a clearly frustrated sigh, Jared left the room.

I cautiously made my way up the stairs and to Razlyn's lair.Her door was locked and I could hear faint sobbing."Razlyn, it's me Ville let me inside please." I pleaded, even though I already knew why she was so deeply upset.It was because of her boyfriend, Edwin.She was faced to leave him and the rest of her family behind once I had turned her into a vampire.

But I promised her that one day it would all pay off.And I planned to keep that promise.

"What do you want?" She said coldly, her voice dripping with sorrow."You can already read my every thought, so why did you even come here? To just bother me with some talk about how me being the chosen one is a gift, a blessing? Well I take it as a fucking curse.Now go away." She snapped before slamming the door directly in my face.

But seeing as I didn't want to keep aggravating her, I simply left and went to my own lair to think.

I sat in my chamber, reading some form of mysterious poetry book that I had found wandering around my lair.Until my door suddenly creaked open, and in came Razlyn, looking less sad and angry then she did a while ago."Yes?" I asked, looking up from my book.She stepped in front of me before sighing."I wanted to say sorry, Ville.It just hasn't been easy for me to adjust to all this yet.I just-" I quickly cut her off, already knowing what she was going to say next."You miss Edwin.I understand that, darling.But you need to except the fact that you're not the only one that has lost someone."

She quickly looked up at me, her big eyes widening suddenly."I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so rude to you." She muttered, looking away from me.I put my cold hand to her shoulder before giving her a light smile."No need to apologize so much, now go on and relax yourself.We need to train during dawns light.Synyster will come for you if need be."

She nodded before turning and leaving back to her lair.

It was very crucial that we all kept up with the training and prepared ourselves for what was about to soon.For the war amongst us vampires was about to get ugly.And that is why it was key that at all costs we protected Razlyn.

She was our only hope at surviving.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is chapter 2 of the story! Hope you all enjoy, and a big thank you to Avenged foREVer for letting me be apart of this story.Make sure to keep checking out all her A7X stories, they're really good! Enjoy :)