Status: Active

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Chapter Two

I shifted my weight uncomfortably as both the boy and the girl stared at me silently. I gulped and I could have sworn that they both heard me because I saw the girl wince only seconds after I did it. I could feel my palms starting to sweat hoping that the silence would end soon.

The sound of the door opening broke us out of the that awkward silence. I coughed into my arm as an attempt to clear my throat so I could stop being a mute.

The girl with the bright red lipstick wasn't paying me much attention anymore. Her eyes were fixated upon someone else, the lead singer of the band Allstar Weekend. My eyes widened in horror when I realized who the boy with the thick black hair was. Not only were my palms sweating but they were trembling as well.

I tried my best to gather myself together as I realized the line was slowly growing. I took a deep breath before speaking up, "What can I get for you today?" I tried to make my voice as calm as possible but I highly doubted it was coming off that way.

The boy still didn't speak all he did was stare. Maybe he's zoned out or something? Maybe he's not who I thought he was? I don't know but I wish someone would speak up. I think I am about to go insane.

Luckily for me, the girl with the lip stick took over, "We'll have a small peppermint mocha," She turned to the boy and gently nudged him which seemed to wake him from his trance, "What do you want weirdo?"

"Uh-caramel macchiato." He said quietly.

She rolled his eyes and hissed, "Hasn't anybody told you that it's not polite to stare?"

I could feel my cheeks burning as I raised my hand to my face, "Do I have something on my face?" I gently brushed my hand against my cheeks to see if there was something there but when I looked back at my hand there was nothing.

"N-no you're good. Sorry, you just look like someone that's all."

The girl squinted at me (or was it glared?) like she was evaluating me or something which shot a shiver down my spine. Something tells me that this girl is not someone you would want to mess with and to think I thought Kat was bad. "What he is trying to say is that you look a hell of a lot like my sister Nikki. It's kind of uncanny really."

"Oh." was all I said. I adjuster my name tag awkwardly and started punching in the orders into the cash register in front of me. "That will be 8.87." The boy took out a crumpled ten dollar bill and handed it to me. I reached out for it and our hands softly brushed. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it baby girl." I guess someone was starting to learn how to speak or maybe he just got over the initial shock of how ugly I am. I know I shouldn't think that way but I can't help it. Please save me the whole "everyone's beautiful speech". I know it isn't true especially in my case.

Even though I was pretty sure he was just trying to charm me I smiled anyway trying to hide the blush that was still warming my cheeks. I punched in ten dollars into the cash register so I was able to get the exact change.

"Keep the change." he said.

The girl looked at me with suspicion but shrugged it off. I tried to ignore the stares from the boy so I turned to the coffee machines to start making their order. I smiled softly at the both of them and went to work. Once I was finished the girl took her coffee and walked off towards the other boy in the corner. The boy went over to where I sat down his coffee and stood there for a minute while I took the orders of the two people behind him.

Every so often I would look over making eye contact with him and every time he would wink. I shook my head holding back a laugh. Honestly, I don't know what he thinks he is doing. Maybe he's just trying to humor me because there is no way this is real.

Why would anyone want to pay any attention to me? I don't deserve it. All I deserve is to walk around with a paper bag over my head and be restricted to wearing sweats only so no one can see how big I truly am.

As I was making the other drinks I looked down at the uniform I was wearing. The shirt and pants were way too tight. The shirt hugged my mid section in a way that was extremely unflattering. Who was I kidding when I decided to go with the smaller size? I should've known that when I lost that weight it would go right back to where it was before.

I sighed trying to erase the thoughts that were now invading my mind. I finished off the other two drinks for the mom and her daughter. I handed it over to them. "Have a wonderful day."

The mom picked up the small hot chocolate and her caramel frappuccino She handed the hot chocolate over to her daughter who was jumping for joy. I smiled at the both of them, instantly thinking of the relationship that I had with my own mother. "You too!" she called out as she left the building.

When she was gone I had no choice but to turn to the boy next to me. When I turned around he was standing in the exact same spot wearing a cocky grin on his face. "I don't think we've met before. I'm Michael Martinez."

He held out his hand and I shook it, "I-uh-I know." I shut my eyes tight, regretting what I had said, "I mean, I've heard about your band."

"Not surprised." His words caught me slightly off guard and I think he noticed it and said, "I don't know why I said that. Sometimes I say things with out really meaning them."

"It's okay." I nodded, "I understand." All of a sudden I could hear a banging noise from the back of the room. I looked over and saw the girl with the red lipstick who appeared to be banging her head against the table. I raised an eyebrow which seemed to amuse Michael because he started laughing. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's just your face-" He started laughing some more. I looked down at the floor and bit my lip. I knew I should have just ignored him.

"Oh." I turned around and tried to busy myself with something else but came up empty handed.

"I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's just your expression that you made when you saw Skye-" He pointed at the girl with the red lipstick. "was really funny."

"It's okay. I really should get working." I walked away leaving Michael standing by himself. I quickly went to the back room to retrieve a sponge from our endless supply closet and some soap. When I came back I noticed Michael leaning against the counter waiting. "You can go join your friends you know. You don't need to pity me."

"I'm not pitying you-"

"Look, here's your change." I fished the change out of my pocket and put them on the counter, "I don't know who you're trying to fool but I am in no mood to mess around. I have a job to do and-" The sound of the banging grew louder and louder. I sighed heavily and went over to the table where Skye and the singer were sitting. "I'm sorry, could you guys please keep it down?"

"Yeah Skye. Keep it down. Stop making a scene."

"Don't tell me what to do Zachary."

"I told you not to call me that."

"I can call you anything I want."

The elderly couple that must have come in while I was in the supply closet sent Zach and Skye dirty looks. I turned my attention back to the two of them, "I'm really sorry but you need to keep it down. I don't want to have to ask for you to leave."

"We'll keep it down." said Zach.

"I'll keep it down if you stop being a stubborn ass." I winced when I heard the curse word. In my book I don't think it's ever appropriate to even think of using one. Surely, my mom would wash my mouth out with soap even though I'm nearly 20.

"Please keep it down. There are people in here." I whispered and slowly walked away from the two of them. When I went back over to the counter I saw Michael wearing a Starbucks apron over his hoodie. I tilted my head to the side, confused on why he was even back there in the first place. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a break."

"I really don't need one-"

"Anyone could use a break after hearing those two start bickering."

"Are they always like that?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." said Michael, "Cam, Ariana, and I get headaches just about everyday from those two, ever since Skye's been back anyway."

"I wouldn't doubt it." From behind the counter Michael reached into the display case filled with sweets and handed me a small cookie. "I can't take this. I don't have the money."

"It's on the house."

"You don't even work here."

"As of right now I do."

"Andy is going to kill me-"

"Live a little. A cookie isn't going to kill you." It may not kill me but it would sure add a bunch of unneeded calories.

He reached for my hand and opened it placing the small chocolate chip cookie my hand. I hesitated before bring it to my lips and before I knew it I had eaten the entire thing.

As soon as I had realized what I had done I regretted it. It may have only been one cookie but it only takes one cookie to erase all of the progress you have made. I could feel my stomach churn as the guilt began to settle in.

I could feel my skin start to pale and looked down at my hands which were covered in calluses which were a constant reminder of the battle that I had to face everyday. No matter how many times I washed my hands or how many creams that I have used they never seemed to go away which may not seem like a big deal but to me it was.

It was just another thing to add to my growing list of imperfections.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still getting use to writing for Cassidy...it's extremely difficult for me and I don't know why which is why this chapter is pretty boring for the most part.
I don't really have much to say but thank you iloveadub15, AWTSSGTSMCFAN4EVER, ALLSTARLOVE333, love.laugh.music., music4life5430, & Hey Its Ali! for commenting it really makes me happy seeing that you guys like it already and that you can relate to her!
I think a lot of girls can unfortunately :/ and I'm one of them so it's definitely hard to write.
GOODNESS I MISS WRITING FOR SKYE :(((( I may write a one shot or something for her because I miss her so much XD but I'm not sure yet but I'll tell you guys if I post anything of the sort.
If you guys have any questions about this story, any of the characters, or whatever tickles your fancy(I have no idea why I said that but let's just go with it XD) feel free to either comment on here or my profile.
I don't know what else to say except for I hope you guys like this chapter!
OH YEAH ONE MORE THING...How excited are you guys for tour!? :3 My concert is on the 16th and I am already dying. I have no idea what to wear D: what are you guys wearing? :p