Status: Currently being re-written

Shattered Expectations

III

"Louis! Come down and meet the neighbors!"

It was time. It was finally time. Louis had been waiting for this since his mother told him of the new family that was moving in next door a few weeks ago. The best part of it all was that they had a child just his age! Sure, there were other kids in the his small Yorkshire neighborhood but very few were his age and out of those few, none of them were friend-material. You see, Louis was looking for a sidekick to run around and do all the mischievous things he had dream of with, and this was his chance.

"Coming!" He called out in excitement, tossing his toys to the side and racing down the long set of stairs.

His mother held the door open as she welcomed the new neighbors in. Behind the couple Louis spotted a small arm, peaking out as his new best mate hid behind his parents.

"Sweetie, this is Mr. and Mrs. Sterling and their daughter Hannah"

Daughter?!?

The little girl curiously stuck her head out from behind her parents to stare shyly at Louis before returning to her hidden state.

He couldn't make a girl his sidekick. What was he going to do now?

"Show her around, would you Lou?" His mother asked, leading the girl's parents away and leaving the pair to stare awkwardly at one another.

Louis turned to go back up the stairs, not bothering to see if she was following or not. He was too upset to care.

He plopped down on the carpeted floor of his room, picking up his toys to begin playing with them again.

"Is this what you do for fun?"

"Yeah, sorry I don't have any dolls or anything for you to play with" Louis huffed in response, of course she wouldn't find his toys fun. She was a girl after all.

"That's not what I mean, dummy. Can't we play outside or something? This is boring" Louis gaped at the little girl. He wasn't expecting her to say that. Did she just call him a dummy?

"I'll race you outside! Last one there's a a rotten egg" She yelled before zooming out of the room. What happened to her being all shy? This girl was weird.

Maybe they could be friends.