In a Strange Place

Hooked

In A Strange Place

Intro Chapter

“'He who removes evil'. That’s what my name means. Hari. He who removes evil. But I changed it because I thought, ‘How can I remove evil, when the evil is inside of me?’ That’s what my mother always told me. I’m evil. So now my name’s Adam.”

“I used to go to college, but the depression got in the way. So fuck it. I got into drugs and alcohol. Somehow that was the only thing that seemed to do the trick. The only thing that made me happy in this shit world. I was on the verge of being homeless when I dropped out of college, but thanks to my best-friend, Sam, I’m not. I live with him now. It wasn't like I could go back to my mother. I am evil.”

“I’m only here because Sam is making me. He threatens me that if I live in his house, I gotta get some help.” I looked up. The whole group was looking at me. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t wanna be here.

“Alright.” The instructor said then wrote something on her board. “Skye...do you want to say anything?” I looked over at the girl sitting next to me. She had smooth brown skin and big curly hair. When she shook her head no, the curls in front of her face bounced. Her hands were neatly crossed in her lap. Her clothes were wrinkle-free and decent. She didn’t look like an alcoholic. She slightly cocked her head to the side to look at me. The first thing that caught my eye was hers. They were dark brown and perfect. But as much as I wanted to stare at them, she turned away. I didn’t notice my heartbeat had increased. God, please tell me I wasn’t love-struck that quickly. “…Are you sure? You never seem to say anything in these classes.” I looked back over to see what her response was. She nodded her head 'yes'. I kept looking at her to see if she would turn my way again. She didn’t.

The rest of the meeting was boring. I would definitely have to find something else to do and just tell Sam I was going. When the instructor announced the meeting was over, you would think I would be the first up, but no, Skye was. I quickly got up and followed her out the door. She was walking so fast. I sped up a little to walk beside her. “Hi.” I said. She didn’t even look my way. “Hello!” I said a little louder with a smile. I just wanted to see her eyes. She looked up at me for a split second. “What!?” She continued to walk like a zebra runs. “I’m…Adam!” I said pushing aside her horrible attitude. “I know. I heard back in the meeting.” She continued looking straight ahead. “Yep…I don’t know how to say this…”
“Then don’t.” she suddenly stopped walking and faced me.
“Excuse me?”
“I know what people like you do.”
“People like me?” What the hell was she talking about. She had to be high.
“Yes, people like you. You try to get to the girls you think are vulnerable and use them.” She looked up at me, stepping closer. This time those beautiful brown orbs weren’t the same. They were dark. A crazy dark. It scared me. The closer she got to me the more I stepped back. She looked me straight in the eyes.
“But I won’t fall for this shit again! Not again!” She pushed me and I slipped off the curb and stumbled right in front of a car. Luckily, it stopped right before it could hit me too hard. It honked it’s horn. Frustration built in me and I hit the car then stormed away.

“Yes, Sam! She just pushed the fuck outta me.” I said while shoving pasta in my mouth. Sam insisted I tell him about my day. “For no reason?” he asked.
“For no reason.”
“Wow…she sounds crazy….you should stay away from her…she might try to kill you when you’re leaving a meeting one day.” he chuckled to himself. I didn’t laugh…that scenario was a very strong possibility right now. Then it hit me. I couldn’t just stay away from her…I just felt… hooked. But in a strange place…my heart. What the fuck was becoming of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So excited for this story! Hope you all enjoy it.