Status: I'm working on it.

Twisted

Escape

"Any idea when she'll be waking up doctor?" Detective Burkhardt asked his partner Hank Griffin was talking to the officers who had been first on the scene. The crash had seemed suspicious by accounts of the witnesses the truck seemed unable to slow down and upon coming upon a semi had gone up and over the guard rail crashing into the ditch below. The driver hadn't survived and the truck had started on fire pretty much destroying evidence or at least making CSU's life that much more difficult.

"No Detective I don't know as of right now she is in a self induced coma from all the readings. Poor thing is probably trying to block out what happened. It's possible that even when she wakes up she won't be able to answer any of your questions."

"So it's a good chance her head wound will give her amnesia?"

"Yes if we're lucky it will only be for the crash."

"Is there any chance she could regain those memories?"

"There is always a chance but don't count on it."

"Alright thank you Doctor."

"What do you got?" Hank asked as they met up on the way out of the hospital.

"She's in a self-induced coma and even when she comes out of it there is a good chance she could have amnesia and could never regain the memories." Hank nodded with a frown he felt bad for the woman.

"CSU is going over the truck and the body is being examined. Hopefully she can remember who she was with it's burned up pretty good and we didn't find any identification on the body."
______________

Avery fought to open her eyes, she wasn't sure just how long she had been asleep but it was time for her to wake up. She had plenty to do, ditch the cops who were no doubt waiting to question her, find a new car, get some clothes, a new cell phone, and weapons lots of weapons. She couldn't even begin to list all of the weapons she and Jax had stocked up. Jax he was d-dead that she was sure about that no way he could have survived getting impaled on the steering wheel.

"Go get the doctor she is waking up." Avery heard a woman a nurse she assumed order someone else. Avery's eyes fluttered open and she closed them immediately when she got them open. The light was too bright and her eyes hadn't been open in who knew how long? "Miss my name is Nurse Collins you're in Ohsu Hospital in Portland Oregon."

"A-Avery." Avery finally managed her throat was dry scratchy Nurse Collins picked up a cup with a straw in it holding it to Avery's lips. She sipped carefully a few times before pulling back from the straw. "What happened? Why am I in the Hospital? Where's Jax?" She asked she was good at acting she nearly convinced herself that she had no idea what had happened.

"I'll let the Doctor explain hunny for right now though you keep sipping that water and let my get some readings on you OK?" Avery nodded keeping her face confused and scared. It was all that hard she was scared since she was 5 Jackson had always been there and now he was gone and she was all by herself. David, Jackson's father hers to if she really thought about it, had been dead for nearly 8 years now and now Jackson was dead. In all reality the fact that Jax and Avery had lasted this long was quite amazing. Two kids who at the time of Davids death had been 20-Jackson- and 17-Avery- respectfully they hadn't done to bad for themselves. Up until now they had maintained a low profile avoiding cops and staying out of the creatures way killing the bad ones the ones that slaughtered men, women and children.

"Nurse Collins how is our patient doing?" A tall handsome man asked when he entered the room he was wearing teal scrubs and a white coat over those a stethoscope hung around his neck.

"She's doing well Doctor everything is reading just fine and her head wound is healing up nicely." Nurse Collins said Avery watched her straighten up and push her chest out she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. If it got much more obvious how Nurse Collins wanted to play Doctor with the Doctor she was gonna hurl.

"Good good I'm Doctor Jefferson. Do you remember what happened Miss." Nurse Collins supplied "Avery" quietly. Avery shook her head widening her eyes trying to look as meek and scared as possible. "You were in a car accident you sustained a head wound and a concussion and some bruising but otherwise you're perfectly fine. The driver however didn't make it out." Avery squinted as her eyes filled up with real tears this time she allowed them to fall choking back a sob. "Do you remember who was driving?"

"Ja-Jacks-Jackson Kirpatrick." Avery managed to get out as she sobbed Nurse Collins wrapped an arm around her shoulders petting her hair careful of the wound on her forehead.

"There is a couple detectives with a few questions. I'll give them a call tell them you're awake. But for right now you must be starving." Avery nodded slowly tears still flowing. "Nurse Collins if you could place an order for Miss Avery that would be wonderful."

"Of course doctor." Nurse Collins nodded she left the hospital room after asking Avery if she had any allergies she didn't. Avery watched Doctor Jefferson her eyes widened when his face shifted he was a Reinigen.

"Why don't you rest before the detectives get here Avery." Avery nodded she kept her face even didn't want to give away that she knew what he was. If he didn't already know she certainly didn't want him to know.
______________

"I'm Detective Nick Burkhardt this is my partner Hank Griffin we have a few questions about the crash." Avery nodded keeping her surprise off her face first a Reinigen and now the Grimm himself! It would be pure luck if she managed to get out of this hospital room without someone figuring her out.

"Avery Kirpatrick." Avery said she noticed Detective Griffin writing something down on a little notepad, her name no doubt and probably a background check. Good thing her record was clean that was one less hassle she had to worry about.

"Alright Avery so do you remember what happened?" Detective Burkhardt the Grimm asked he and Detective Griffin had taken a seat at the two chairs that had been brought into the room no doubt for that exact purpose.

"Jackson and I were driving on our way to Seattle I told him to slow down he was going to fast. But the truck wouldn't slow down it kept going faster and the brakes didn't work. He tried the e-brake but nothing happened we were coming up on the semi he told me to put my seat belt on and then we were going over the guard rail. I-I don't remember much after that."

"What is the full name of the man you were with?" Detective Griffin asked Avery swallowed back more tears before replying.

"Jackson Kirpatrick."

"Do you have any idea why the truck would start acting up like that?" Detective Burkhardt asked Avery shook her head.

"No it was fine the whole way up from Oklahoma. It just all of a sudden started acting funny."

"Alright I think that's about it for now if we have any more questions we'll let you know." Avery nodded watching carefully as the two detectives exited the room stopping to talk to Doctor Jefferson.

"Time to go." Avery said to herself she changed into the scrubs Nurse Collins had provided so she didn't have to be in her hospital gown when she was up and walking around. She saw the detectives leave as a Code went on down the hall, she couldn't have timed it better herself. Nurses and doctors scrambled to the room Avery exited the door walking quickly but calmly to the stairs she ran down the stairs once the door was closed. She exited the hospital and disappeared into the lunchtime crowd.