Save Me.

One.

I was sinking. Sinking lower and lower into the dark, cold waters and there was nothing I could do to stop it. My body was was frozen, but my mouth was not. I screamed and screamed for help and I knew they could hear my cries considering I wasn’t that far off shore.

They screamed right back, but didn’t bother to jump in the waves for me. They were cowards, both of them were. They couldn’t even bother to call 911 for help.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as tears streamed down my face. I was praying for a miracle as the water surrounded me and stopped my body from moving. I squirmed and my head stayed above the water. If no one saved me soon I would be sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

“Please! Help me!” I cried out and Kat screamed at me to hold on. I saw her jump into the water but jump right back out. “It’s so cold!” she complained and my heart broke.

My friend couldn’t save me because the water was too cold. Anger rushed through my cold veins and I screamed until my throat burned.

“Just save me Kat! Jessica! Please! I can’t die!” I cried out before my face disappeared beneath the water. I opened my eyes and my heart raced. I was sinking and I couldn’t see anything. I squirmed and squirmed until my face was over the water.

“Help!” was the only thing I said before the water enveloped me again.

I heard a splash of water and prayed with all my heart that it was a person coming to save me.

I was gasping for air. I wanted, needed the cold air. But I couldn’t get it. I couldn’t get the air to my lungs and that was what I was scared of the most.

I heard voices all around me and I tried to open my eyes but it hurt too much to try. I felt a pair of warm lips on mine and they pulled away. Someone pressed both their hands on my chest and pushed down. When I didn’t respond, they repeated the process.

That was when the air entered my lungs. I gasped and twitched and choked, but breathed in the beautifully cold air.

I opened my eyes slowly and came face to face with a guy. He looked familiar and I tried to put his face with a name but I came up blank. His dirty blonde hair was wet and his warm brown eyes looked into mine.

“You’re alive.” He spoke in an English accent and I grimaced. It was hard to find an English person in New Jersey.

“Oh god! I thought you were gonna die!” Kat screamed and I turned to look at her.

“You guys almost killed me. None of you wanted to jump in the water cause it was “too cold,” I shouted even though my throat burned in pain.

Kat looked hurt and Jessica nodded in shame as she hung her head.

I turned to look at the guy, the guy who saved me but he was already walking away. A bright flash broke through the dark air and I gasped.

I watched the guy as he broke into a sprint and then another man with a camera ran after him, shouting questions at him.

I tried to remember my savior, but couldn’t.

I just knew I had to find him and thank him for what he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?