Taste the Rainbow

Taste the Rainbow

Frerard - Taste the Rainbow
NB - Gerard and Frank are both seventeen and in the same class here:3

Gerards POV -
I'd gone round to Franks house two days before Halloween to watch a movie and do a project we'd been paired up together for. I was stretched out on the sofa and Frank was taking up a lot of the floor with all the papers and drawings we'd done as our plan for the project. Halfway through the movie, which neither of us had really been concentrating on I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, even though I'd got him his present.

"Tickets to see the Misfits....and skittles!" he replied gazing up at me from the floor with wide eyes.

"Good cuz thats what I've got you" I winked at him.

God he was adorable even when he was upside down with his hair covering half his face..

I must have stayed staring at him for a while because the next thing I heard was Frank laughing and saw him twisting round to push me out of my trance.

"Gee are you alright? You kinda zoned out on me there" he chuckled.

God his laugh was so cute. Stop it Gerard you know he's not gay. You're not gay! Well maybe a little bit for Frankie?

"Yeah I'm fine" I giggled back. God his hazel eyes were so bright and full of innocence. Stop thinking like this Gerard - he's your best friend for gods sake!

I must have fallen asleep because I felt Frank shaking me awake and telling me it was half eleven.

"Shit Frankie I better go!" I panicked. My mom was gonna kill me!

"Don't worry Gee, I called her and she said its fine for you to stay round here tonight" He smiled at me warmly.

God he was just the sweetest thing.

"Thanks" I smirked at him. "Sorry for falling asleep"

"Don't worry I don't blame you...that film was shit!" he laughed.

He went out to find the spare mattress and set it up in his bedroom, but came back a few minutes later and told me they'd chucked it out a few days ago.

"Ah, don't worry. I'll sleep here! Your couch is pretty comfortable" I said to him.

"No Gee, Ive got a massive bed, come sleep in my room" I thanked him and walked to his bedroom. Nothing had changed since the last time I came round except there were two more posters on the wall. I smiled as the familiar "Frank" smell hit me when i got into his bed, fully clothed.

He did the same and we quickly fell asleep. I woke up the next day to feel a pressure on my side and realised Frankie had his arm around me. I didn't want to move him, and we didn't have to rush because it was Saturday. Also..it felt kinda..right to have him hugging me so close to him.

I turned over so I was facing him. I hadnt realised how close we actually were until I felt his dark eyelashes ghosting my cheek as he stirred from his sleep. He started when he saw how close we were but didnt take his hand away as he thought that i was still asleep.

I can be a pretty good actor when i want something. I smiled and felt Frank chuckle. Shit did he know I was awake? But then if he did why hadnt he moved his arm? Why didnt he move it anyway? Maybe...I had a chance with him after all?

I slowly opened my eyes to see his hazel ones go from scrutinizing my morning hair to focus on my eyes. He smiled after a few seconds and pulled me closer into a hug. My chin rested on his shoulder and we stayed that way for a few minutes before he pulled away from me, still holding the smile on his face.

"G'mornin Gee" His breath tickled my skin and I felt a shiver run down my spine. I was so goddamn close to him!

"Hiya Frankie" I replied smiling. He glanced at the ceiling and then turned back to face me, before shifting into a comfier postion..which made him even closer to me.

"Sleep well?" He asked nonchalantly. How could he be so calm and I'm struggling to string a sentence together?

"Y-yeah thanks...you?" I asked him back, grateful he didnt seem to notice me stutter.

"Yeah but I think tomorrows gonna be even better" He smirked and moved so close to me I could feel his hair making my cheek itch. I wished he would kiss me, but of course, a split second later he pulled himself up and sat against the headboard with his hands behind his head.

"God Frank you're such a fucking tease" I whisped to myself. It was bearly audiable but even so Frank replied "Sorry Gee what was that?" and smirked down at me.

"Hey Frank thanks for letting me sleep over, but I better get home" I said after about half an hour of sitting up in the bed with him in silence. It wasnt awkward, we just didn't feel the need to talk, and I was okay with that. He looked up at me and smiled.

"It was fine, you know youre welcome here all the time! You sure you wanna go?" he asked.

"Yeah I better go help my mom. She's got a presentation for work soon and i said I'd get some stuff for her at the mall" I said and pulled a face.

"I could come with you?" He said grinning. "Yano to keep you company?" He added more casually.

Of course I agreed. Any time with Frank is time well spent. We got out of bed and couldn't really be bothered getting changed so I borrowed one of his tshirts and he changed his to a Misfits one. We looked at the clock and realised it was already half two in the afternoon.

We grabbed some toast and jumped in Franks car. We spent the entire journey with the windows open, Smashing Pumpkins playing full volume and us screaming along. It was kind of awkward at traffic lights, but once i realised Frank didnt care i carried on anyway, regardless of who stared at us.

We spent a few hours in town before he dropped me back at my house.

"Don't forget about the Halloween/Birthday party Rays having for you tomorrow!" I said to him excitedly as we rolled up into my driveway.

"Wouldnt miss it for the world! Whens the concert?" he asked happily.

"In a few weeks, but I've got another present for you" I winked at him. Of course he had no idea what i was planning, and I probably wouldnt even go through with it.

"Ooh great! What is it?" He sounded like a six year old on Christmas. "Its a surprise dickhead!" I laughed.

I opened the car door and turned to say bye to Frank. I thanked him for the lift into town and he told me it was no problem, and then he kissed my cheek. I felt myself blush instantly when he did this. His lips felt right on my skin, but i knew that they would feel better on mine. He smiled sheepishly at me and i smiled happily back before getting out of the car and waving as he sped off.

I'm definatley giving him his other little present.

The day moved past quite swiftly and after sorting out my costume for the party tomorrow I decided to go to bed early. It was only about half ten when i got into bed, but i fell asleep quite quickly. However, I woke up only an hour later, and decided to stay up long enough to text Frankie a happy birthday message.

It would've been easier to stay awake if i could see the night sky. Its great having a basement bedroom because nobody bothers me down here, but I dont have any windows. It slowly crept up to midnight and I grabbed my phone. I hastily punched in a message and pressed send before I even thought about it.

Dear Frankie,
HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!!
I love you, G xxx

"Shit" I whispered in the dark. I didnt mean to say 'I love you'...I couldve just put 'love you' cuz everyone does that dont they? But no. Oh well, no going back.

About ten minutes later I heard my phone buzz on the bedside table next to me. I picked it up and read it with one eye open as the screen was so goddamn bright.

Thanks Gee!
First birthday message!
I love you too, F♥

I smiled and sighed. If only you meant it in the same way Frankie...if only.

The next morning I had to get up early to help my mom with her presentation. I rang Frankie and we talked for ages about what he'd got for his birthday.

"God Frankie you got lucky this year!" I laughed down the phone to him after he'd told me all the tshirts, concert tickets and other stuff he'd got.

"I know! Can't wait till i get my presents from you!" I could see him now with a little smirk playing across his lips. Those perfect, kissable lips..

"Gerard are you okay?" mom asked me. I told her i was fine and went on helping her with whatever she needed doing.

The afternoon passed by quickly and before i knew it, it was 6pm. I went down to my bedroom and found all the bits of my costume. It was too early to put it on yet so i just laid it out on my bed. I was going as a vampire. Naturally. Not only because the idea of them fascinates me, but it'll be funny to all the jocks seeing me, the boy they call "The Vampire Fag" turning up to a party, in a cape and fangs.

I must have fallen asleep again as when i woke up it was darker outside. My clock screamed the time at me in flourescent numbers. It was 9:20. I had 40 minutes to get ready for the party.

At ten o clock I went up to say goodbye to my mom, and set off with Mikey my younger brother, who hadnt really made much of an effort and just brought a mask with him.

"Don't want this getting in the way of any girls tonight now do we Gerard" He said when i asked him why he wouldnt put the mask on. We laughed for a while and then decided to put the radio on. It wasnt a long way to Rays and we got there as the party was just getting started.

I saw Frankie talking to Bob and Ray and went over to them. We chatted for a while and then they left to "mingle" as Bob had put it. In other words they were gonna see if they could get any action.

"So where are my presents then Gee?" frank asked excitedly. I pulled out a card from my pocket which had the tickets in it, and felt the rustly bag in the other pocket. Frank ripped the card open and squealed with delight at the Misfits tickets before asking me where the other present was.

This was it. This is what Id been waiting for. We went into the kitchen which was empty. Whilst Frank poured himself a drink I took out the packet of skittles, opened it and tipped a few into my mouth.

Franks skittles radar turned on immediatley and he turned around to see me emptying the last of the packet into my mouth. He looked shocked and hurt. "Gee why'd you do that you know i love skittles!!"

"Hey Frank" I pulled him close and tipped his chin upwards towards me. "Taste the rainbow"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou so much for reading.
I really appreciate it:3

This is my first fanfiction, so please leave comments?:)

Much love,
Jessiee<3