Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

I Hear The Tremble In Your Voice

Lex's P.O.V.

"Wow." Mattie just stood there, still hold the curtain, if I didn't know any better, I'd think I saw hurt in his crystal blue eyes.

"The guys went to go get food and told me to come get you guys... but it looks like you were hungry for something else." He let go of the curtain and walked as quickly as he could out of the room. The whole time Ronnie had me crushed to his chest, so I was covered up.

Without hesitation, I jumped out of Ronnie's arms and lunged for my shirt at the foot of the bed and put on Ronnie's sweatpants and darted in the direction Mattie took off to. I thought maybe he went to the living room to watch TV until I heard the bus door slam shut. I ran threw the bus, flung the door open and looked around. He must've been trying to avoid me catching him, because he was nowhere to be found.

"Fuck!" I muttered, taking a right and zig-zagging in between busses at the highest speed I could run. Thank God we were at a venue already, if the grass underneath me was cement, with my luck I'd probably fall on my face. "Mattie!" I shouted looking in every direction around me. I heard footsteps to my right and darted toward them. I'm guessing I shouldn't have been running so fast, because what happened next probably made this whole situation worse. I tried to stop myself from flying into him, but I stumbled and crashed right into him, sending both of our bodies into the grass with a thud.

"What the fuck!" He shouted in my face when I rolled off of him to clutch the ankle I'm pretty sure I sprained in my attempt to avoid accidentally tackling him. "WHY DID YOU FOLLOW ME?!" He shouted even louder, our noses almost touching.

"WHY SHOULDN'T I HAVE?!" I retorted with almost the same volume.

"I don't know, you looked pretty busy back there!" He yelled a little less louder than before, with a tinge of bitterness in his voice.

"Why do you care?" My eyes softened at him a tiny bit as I tried to figure out why he was so upset.

"I DONT!" He screamed, balling his fists at his sides.

"I DOUBT YOU'D BE SUCH AN ASSHOLE ABOUT IT IF YOU DIDN'T!" I was so angry right now, I didn't care that our faces were red and that we probably looked like idiots screaming at each other sitting in the grass.

"EVEN IF I DID, YOU'D BE TOO BUSY FUCKING RONNIE TO NOTICE!" Ouch. Remember when I said I didn't feel like a whore...? Well, I do now.

"I WASNT FUCKING HIM, DUMBASS!" I shrieked, pushing him back down onto his ass and out of my face.

"NOT YET! GOD KNOWS WHAT I WOULDA SEEN IF I WOULD'VE WAITED ANY LONGER TO GET YOU GUYS!" He jumped up to his feet and stood over me right before I did the same.

"ALRIGHT, DAD!" I spat, standing nose to nose with him again. "I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS A FUCKIN' CHILD AGAIN!"

"YOU'RE NOT A CHILD, YOU'RE A FUCKING SLUT!" He screamed, I instantly felt tears lightly sting my eyes. I heard footsteps behind us but I didn't care.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" I screetched, lunging forward and knocking him into a bus before I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my upper body, holding me and restraining me at the same time.

"What the fuck happened?" Ryan shouted from behind us.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" I seethed to whomever was holding me back.

"No! Calm down!" I instantly recognized it as as Ronnie, I might've noticed this a few seconds earlier if I would've looked down, but then again, my eyes were so blurry with tears I couldn't really define anything that's well.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME!" I screamed, attempting to lunge toward at Mattie again, only to have Ronnie press my back even tighter against his chest and slightly lifting me off my feet. Wow... I never knew he was this strong.

"What did you do?" Jesse yelled at Mattie, who was still fuming and being held back by Ryan.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" He seethed, thankfully not saying anything else about what happened, only struggling to break free of Ryan's grip before Dyl came over to help him.

"All I wanna know is, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!" Jesse yelled, getting angrier by the minute.

"HE'S A FUCKING SCUMBAG! IF I HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM ANYMORE, I'M GONNA KILL HIM!" I shrieked and started to kick in an attempt to break free of Ronnie's iron grip. Instead, Jacky came over and made sure nobody fucked with us and Ronnie walked towards the bus, with a screaming and fighting me in their arms.

"What the hell happened?" Jacky asked louder than usual as we were getting closer to the bus. His voice laced with concern and confusion.

"I don't think she wants to talk, or hear about it right now, dude." Ronnie answered, making me even more upset than I already was.

"Go back and make sure everything's okay." Ronnie nodded back to the direction we had just came from. "I think she's done with the kicking and screaming." He smiled sympathetically at me.

"You sure?" Jacky asked, even more concerned than before. Ronnie replied with a nod. "Are you gonna be alright, love?" He looked down at me. I just shrugged. Ronnie was right, over the past ten minutes of kicking and screaming, I was too tired and sad to fight anymore. Jacky just smiled sadly at me and walked back.

"You gonna be alright?" Ronnie turned me around gently by my shoulder so I could face him after he let my arms go. Great, he probably thinks I'm a fuckin' lunatic now...

"I guess..." I rasped, my throat sore from screaming for a good fifteen minutes.

"Do you wanna get something to drink? You look like you need some rest, too." He suggested. For a split second I almost gave in to the urge to tell him I wasn't a child and that I could take care of myself, but as soon as I looked up into his big chocolate eyes and saw concern and worry, all those thoughts were lost.

"Sure..." I looked down and nodded, starting to regret my little outburst.

"C'mere." He mumbled, gently pulling me into his arms and lifting me up bridal-style.

"Thank you, Ronnie." I mumbled into neck as I wrapped my arms around it.

"Anything for you, beautiful." I heard the smile in his voice before he kissed the top of my head and we resumed our trek back to the bus.

"I just want this day to end." I whimpered as he walked up the steps and supported me with one arm as he opened the door.

"Well..." He set me on my feet in the living room and dug in his pocket for his phone. "It's seven-forty now, so in a way it almost is." He offered in an attempt to cheer me up.

"Thank you again, Ronnie. You're easily the most amazing guy I've ever met." I leaned over and kissed him on the nose. Instead of brushing my compliment off like I thought he would, he pulled me against his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's no problem, like I said earlier... anything for you." He smiled sheepishly as I pulled away slightly to see his beat-red face.

"Why?" I questioned nervously, almost afraid of the answer.

"Because, well... I um... I kinda-" he was cut off by the bus door opening. We snapped our head in that direction to see Mattie burst in. He scowled at us for a split second before going off into the bunk area. Ronnie and I turned to each other with confusion written all over our faces. About a minute later he came back out with a leather jacket on and he phone in his hand and it looked like he stuffing something into his pocket.

Oh well, it was probably money. He looked at me for a second as he quickly passed by and I glared at him. Still angry for what he had said earlier. He passed right by and left, slamming the door in his wake.

Honestly, I could never hate Mattie. Ever since he moved to Philly when he was sixteen, I always knew we'd be close. I even had feelings for him back then, I just never told him, out of fear he wouldn't want some loud, obnoxious girl in his class that'd he just met, who loved the city he just moved to and, not to mention, hated with a passion. Instead, we'd just became good friends immediately, growing closer over time, but never going farther then friendship. After we graduated highschool, those feelings faded into nothing. I mean of course, he's attractive. All my band members are. For some reason they have to be.

I just wish I knew why my easy going adorable southern friend turned into an asshat all of a sudden. The very thought in itself is troubling. But then again, I can never remember him liking any of my boyfriends. Wait, does that mean something? No, probably not. None of my guy friends like any of my boyfriends, probably because they were better-looking and older than them. But hey, what can I say? I'm shallow. I know, I know, I'm terrible.

"How about that drink?" Ronnie smiled, breaking me out of the stupor I wasn't even aware I was in.

"I'd love some Pepsi." I smiled back, taking my hand in his own.

"Right this way, m'lady." He joked as walked over to the kitchen.

Maybe this won't be as hard to handle as I thought
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to becca65 & Rotten In Vogue for commenting! You guys make writing this worthwhile.