Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

As Makeup Runs Down Your Cheeks

Mattie's P.O.V

"Believe me, I know." Lex sighed from the hospital bed next to me.

"I'm gonna go get some food, you want anything?" I asked her as I stood up.

"Yeah, I'm starving, you know what I like." She smiled and fixed her dirty blonde hair.

"Alright." I beamed back and stepped out of the room. I laughed to myself about her attempting an escape. It reminded me of back one summer, when we were in highschool, and Jesse threw a keg at Lex's house. They got so bombed, that they thought it would be a good idea to jump off of Lex's roof into her pool. It's honestly not as dangerous as it sounds, considering Alex's house is a single one floor house, and her above ground pool in five and a half feet deep, and huge. But, since they were drunk, they overdid it, and landed on the deck. I took them to the hospital, because Lex messed up her arm, and Jesse fucked up his ankle. They ran tests, but before the hospital could get their information, they bailed, with my help of course.

But this was serious. There's no way in hell I'm letting her try to get out of here. She could of bled to death.

My happy mood that appeared as quickly as Alexandria woke up, vanished as I thought of Ronnie.

That bastard didn't even come to see if she was okay, or called any of us. For all he knows, she could be dead. I guess Ronnie's true colors have finally been shown.

He says he loves her, yet causes all of this, and doesn't even come to check on her. Of course, this is completely biased since I don't really like Ronnie. I still think he should at least be here though.

I sighed as I approached the elevator to get down to the cafeteria. Maybe he just doesn't care.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

I sat in the bedroom that Alexandria and I shared. Well, used to. I had already cleared everything out of mine into Jacky's room. I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands as I let even more tears fall. I can even bear to think about going to see her, in that hospital bed, that I had put her in. This may have been an accident, but it's entirely my fault. I seriously hurt her. She's probably wondering why I haven't came to see her yet. I honestly can't. I've never felt lower in my entire life. I hurt the women I love, over a stupid misunderstanding with someone else.

What's even worse is, when I went to Philly to get her back, after the horrible things I said, she accepted me with open arms, and I promised to never hurt her. And I did.

I can't take back what happened earlier, no matter how much I was I could. I just can't hurt her ever again, and that's why I can't be with her anymore...

As makeup runs down your cheeks,
You've found that you are lost again...


Lex's P.O.V.

I frowned as soon as Mattie left the room. He was being so sweet, trying to take my mind off the fact that Ronnie wasn't here. I felt my eyes become glassy.

Didn't he care? Why isn't he here? He still loves me, right? Has he even called? I closed my eyes, refusing to let any real tears fall at my sea of questions.

I sighed again. Maybe I'm over reacting. Maybe he's called Jacky to see if I'm okay, and that he's on his way. Maybe he's just waiting at home for me. I just couldn't shake the depressing feeling, that the answer to all of those questions in no.

Shouldn't I have more faith in Ronnie? He did after all, travel across the country to get me back, when we weren't even officially together. But why couldn't he get to a hospital less than ten minutes away?

I was never more confused in my life. I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I saw the door handle to my room turn, assuming that it was Mattie with the food. But instead, I was greeted with a gloomy looking Jacky.

"Ronnie called." I ignored the lack of enthusiasm in his voice, and smiled brightly, looking past the fact the Ronnie wasn't here. "He apologized for what he did, greatly I might add." He sighed.

"What else did he say?" I was expecting a"tell her I'm on my way,"

But I was hit with something completely different.

"He's not coming to see you, he wanted me to tell you, that he doesn't want to be with you anymore."

My breath hitched in my throat and I felt tears immediately blur my vision. My words came out choked, but I managed to get them out.

"Is this a joke?" I looked him pleadingly, and he frowned.

" 'fraid not, love." He walked over to my bed and pulled me into a hug, the best he could, considering his right arm was in a splint.

I let the tears fall freely, and let out a choked sob. I honestly thought he loved me...

Try to make your way back home,
Found that you're alone...
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o you guys probably hate me now....