Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

You Hear The Sounds

Lex's P.O.V.

I stepped out of the cab onto the sidewalk in front of my childhood home and breathed in the air. I smiled as I was bombarded with deja vĂ¼, from the last time I came running back to Philly with my tail between my legs, at least that's how I saw it. The airport cab driver came over to me, bags in hand, before setting them down.

I smiled and paid him, along with a tip for getting my stuff.

I hauled a bag over each shoulder and padded up the small walkway leading up to the steps to the porch. I grabbed my keys out of my back pocket and opened the screen door. I put the key in the lock, turned it, and opened the door, to an empty house. I smiled slightly. Ever since I was I was a teenager, and had he had gotten a really well paying job, he would leave me money and go to Jersey for the weekend.

Before that, life was hell. He had shitty jobs, dealt and did drugs of all sorts, which gave me easy access. I could just go upstairs and wipe about five hundred dollars of coke off of the table, and he wouldn't even notice. I never really got talked about it, because I never really had any bad experiences with it, but my father did.

He almost lost the house five times, and throughout my teenage years, I had to live in different neighborhoods with my abusive mother. When he got clean, and a better job, I came back, without her thankfully.

I threw my bags on the couch and grabbed the remote off of the coffee table. Spazz came running into room and jumped onto the book case and started to meow at me for attention.

I smiled, and pet her before walking into the kitchen to find a note similar to the one I received right before I left a few months ago for tour. I took a chinese menu off of the fridge and ordered a platter before taking my jacket off and returning to the living room.

I put on Step Brothers and wasn't even 20 minutes into it, when my food arrived. I started to eat, spazz curled up into a little gray and white ball on the leather cushion next to me. I set my HTC wildfire on the coffee table next to my food.

After I was finished, I put jackass into the Xbox 360 and laid down, with spazz on my lap. I had just started to doze when I heard my phone vibrating on the table, and the bridge of Master Of Puppets by Metallica blasting through the speakers.

I picked it up and didn't even bother to look at the caller I.D.

"Yo." I answered groggily.

"Lex! It's Ryan." I heard his voice through the speaker. It was laced with panic and he sounded out of breath.

"What's wrong?" I sat up immediately, waking up instantly I blinked and looked around the dark living room.

"You have to come back." He demanded like it was nothing. I glared at nothing and shook my head, even though he couldn't see me.

"What could possibly be so important, that I have to rush back now?" I rolled my eyes, fixing the red throw blanket across my lap.

"Ronnie and Mattie got into a fight."

"What?!"

Ronnie's P.O.V.

I grunted as Mattie's fist sent me crashing into the bed. He tried lunging at me again, but I rolled to the side and barely missed another punch in the face. I threw all my weight into his side and knocked him into the wood floors. I took off towards the door, but he grabbed my ankle, causing me to go down. I got angry and more frustrated.

Normally, I was definitely not one to run from a fight, but Alexandria was more important than this fucking prick. I knew there was no way I could get rid of him unless I knocked him out.

Before I got a chance to get up, he threw his body into mine.

"This is your fault!" He shouted from in between his teeth and punched me in my stomach.

"Get off me, dumbass!" I kneed him in his stomach and threw him back onto the floor by his shoulders.

I got up, at the same time he did and started at him. This time, it was his turn to get punched in the face. I punched him right in the nose, sending him back into the closet door, with the full body mirror that was nailed to it breaking from the impact.

"I know it's my fault!" I lunged again, tackling him into the nightstand.

"You don't seem to sorry about it, dick!" He swung again, but I grabbed his arm and threw him into the wall. He bounced right back, and I jabbed him right in the jaw.

This would have been the end of a normal fight, but this guy was being fueled by pure rage.

Before I could react, he sent a right hook and it connected with my jaw, and sent me stumbling into the dresser.

I wiped the blood from my mouth and glared at him. "Of course I'm sorry, you fucking retard! But this has nothing to do with you, so fuck off!" I punched him twice, landing them to his jaw, and temple.

He went back into the wall, and I could hear the sheetrock crumble. "You don't deserve her! She shouldn't waste her time on scum like you!" He shouted and charged at me again.

This time, I wasn't as calm. This was the exact moment I realized he was in love with Lex. I began to see red. I was fucking livid. No one takes what's mine. I swung as heavily as I could, and just like that... everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
They honestly do motivate me to write more. But on a lighter note, as you all may or may not know, this story is almost at it's end. But no worries, I'm definitely putting up a sequel as soon as it's done. & I also seen that I never completed the characters section, so go take a look, it's done. (: