Status: New Story - I was bored and inspired by Katy Perry

Waking up in Vegas

Did we get hitched last night

[Andrew]

"This didn't happen. There's no way in hell that this happened." York was pacing back and forth in the hotel room. I sat on the bed still staring down at my ring.

We pieced together that we got drunk and got married the first night we were in Vegas. And I'm pretty sure that we... consummated the marriage even though York won't admit that it happened. I know it happened. We were naked in bed together and my ass is still sore. But he's too much of a baby to accept that it happened. He'd rather stay in denial and pretend this whole weekend didn't happen at all.

We don't know how it happened exactly. I mean, I don't care how drunk I got, there is no way I'd marry York, let alone have him fuck me. This whole thing is ridiculous.

"This is bullshit!"

York is still freaking out. He stopped in front of me and grabbed my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes. He was a ball of nerves.

"There is no way that we got married." It's like he was looking to me to confirm that this wasn't true, but it was pretty obvious that it happened.
"York-"
"We just didn't. There's no way."
"York, relax-"
"Relax?! How can you be so calm?!"
"Well one of us has to be!" He looked at me, then went back to pacing. "Do you think the guys know?"
"No, they don't know. I asked David. He said you and I disappeared after we left the bar that night. They hadn't heard from us again until yesterday morning."
"Should we tell them?"
"No way, ass-wipe! Do you wanna be known as a fag for the rest of your life?!"

I didn't answer. How could I answer? I was gay, but I hadn't told anyone yet. I knew they'd all react like York was acting now.

"We've got to end this before the guys find out."
"Well then, let's just get a divorce."
"Divorce! That's it! We were drunk so it doesn't count right?" He looked at me expectantly.
"No, it shouldn't count. Intoxication is grounds for annulment I think."
"Great! So we'll just look up a divorce lawyer or whatever and get this settled!"

He searched the room for a phone-book and pulled one out from the nightstand. He started flipping through the pages. I looked back down at my ring. For twenty-four hours I was married to a guy and the world didn't say a thing about it. I guess that's because the world didn't know. I can't even remember it that well.

"Did we get a marriage certificate?" I asked.
"A what? How the hell should I know?"
"You're supposed to sign one when you get married, right?"
"Does it matter? It was a drunk Vegas wedding. Who cares if we did it right - it wasn't supposed to happen." I didn't say anything else. "Here we go. Divorce lawyer."

It's not like I wanted to be married, especially not to one of my best friends. I love them, but not like that. They'd shun me if they knew what I really was. I just like that for a brief moment, I was out, and the world didn't end because of it. Maybe I'll be able to come out to the guys before summer's over... maybe.

"Come on guys, we gotta go." Rick and Eddy came into our room.
"In a minute-" York waved them off.
"No, now. Dave's threatening to leave us behind if we don't hit the road now." Rick told him.
"What the fuck is his problem?"
"They'll charge us an extra day for the room if we don't leave now. I don't know about you, but not all of us are like Richie Rich over here." Eddy pointed to Rick.
"Come on, York." Rick told him.
"In a min-"

Rick grabbed York and threw him over his shoulder. York was a pretty thin guy so he must not have been much of a problem for Rick to carry out of the room, even though York was kicking and screaming obscenities all the way to the elevator. Eddy and I grabbed our bags and Rick dealt with a pissed off York even as we went through the hotel lobby. York's an embarrassment. He always has been.

We threw our things in the car. Rick set York down and York immediately swung at him but Rick grabbed his fist and shoved him in the car.

"After you, Andrew." Rick motioned to me. I climbed in the car without protest. Eddy and Rick got in and we drove off.

York was pissed off and uncomfortable. He wouldn't look me in the eye. I think I was supposed to pretend that nothing happened.

Eddy turned on the radio and flipped through the stations. I turned to York. He didn't look at me. I kicked him in the leg. He glared at me.

"We'll settle this at the lake house." I whispered to him.
"There's nothing to settle. I'm finding a phone-book as soon as we get there - this never happened between us, got it?"
"Yeah, yeah I got it."
He turned back to the window and that was the end of that.

I was actually closest to York out of the whole group, at least before this all happened. We were friends before we met David, Rick, and Eddy.

Eddy found a Sick Puppies song and turned up the volume.

Sick Puppies - My World
I'm not comin' back
I'm not gonna react
I'm not doin' shit for you.
I'm not sittin' around while you are tearin' it down around us.
I'm not livin' a lie while you swim in denial
'Cause you're already dead and gone
You leave me out on the curb just like everyone else before you.

Welcome to my world
Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone.
Another lesson burned
And I'm drowning in the ashes
Kicking
Screaming
Welcome to my world

I don't care what you think I'm not seeing a shrink.
I'm not doing this again.
I'm not another student or a mother to take your shit out on
So let's see what you got, let's see what you're not
And what ever else you pretend
You've defended my intentions long enough

Welcome to my world
Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone.

Another lesson burned
And I'm drowning in the ashes
Kicking
Screaming
Welcome to my world

So here I am again.
In the middle of the end.
And the choice I wish I made
I always make too late

Welcome to my world
Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone.
Another lesson burned
And I'm drowning in the ashes
Kicking
Screaming
Welcome to my world.

My world
My world (welcome to my world)
My world
My world (welcome to my world)
My world
Welcome baby.


I looked over at York. We would always be the loudest and worst singers in the car, but he didn't even seem to care if the radio was on. I sighed. I can't believe one stupid drunken night that neither of us even remember is gonna erase a whole friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter sucks, but I've been trying to update my stories all day, and this was sitting in my drafts, so I figured I'd publish it and see if it helps me not ignore this story.