Until I Met You

It All Made Sense Somehow

~aubree~
The minute Phil and Raina were out of the makeup room Matt’s entire demeanor changed. He looked like he was about to cry. I stood up and walked over to him.
“Matt-” He just grabbed me and held me like it was his last day on Earth.
“This is all my fault.” He muttered.
“You didn’t know Matt; it’s not your fault-”
“Of course it’s my fault Aubree; I should have never left you alone with that little leech waiting to pounce! I should have protected you!”
“You were doing your job Matt-” Matt grabbed my face and looked at me, letting me see how broken he was.
“My job will never be more important than you.” He promised. He went to kiss me, but I flinched and he let out a long sigh.
“I’m sorry…” He just pulled me into him.
“Don’t be sorry, I understand. Are you ready to go?” I nodded and we headed out to see Raina and Phil. Raina and Matt took off to change, leaving me with Phil. He seemed just as upset as Matt did.
“I can’t believe that little prick.” He muttered. “You should sue him. Or I can just break his legs, which do you prefer?”
“I think the broken legs would be a lot more satisfying to watch.” I commented. He let out a long sigh.
“Look Aubree, I’m sorry about-”
“Don’t apologize. It’s all Nicks fault, not yours, not Matt’s, and not Raina’s either. It was all Mike, Eve and Nick. I only wish I could have punched him myself.”
When Matt and Raina came back we walked out of the arena.
“Raina McClain!” We all turned around to see and older man who was the spitting image of Raina, I assumed he was her dad. My suspicions were confirmed when she ran over to him screaming.
“Daddy!” She greeted gleefully. They talked for a while before she started to bring him over to us. I ducked behind Matt. I felt sad whenever I met parents, considering that I don’t have any anymore. Raina must have sensed this a little as she smiled reassuringly at me. “Dad this is Phil, Matt and Aubree. Matt and Aubree are together…” I blushed even harder, but luckily the only person Mr. McClain saw was Phil as he walked over and shook his hand.
“Well it’s about time you got yourself a fella. Nice to meet you Phil.” Phil was glad to make such a good first impression as he beamed.
“Pleasure’s all mine Mr. McClane. You have an amazing daughter.” I hid even further as Mr. McClain walked over to Matt and shook his hand.
“Nice to meet you sir.” Matt said.
“Same here son, now what about your beautiful girlfriend, Aubree right?” I blushed and slowly slid out from behind Matt and offered my hand. But when he saw me in the light he got this look of disbelief on his face and gaped at me.
“Dad, you okay?” Raina asked him. Her dad looked like he was about to cry, I grabbed Matt’s hand, had I done something wrong? “Daddy?”
“What did you say her last name was?” He asked Raina.
“I didn’t say, but it’s Roberts.” Mr. McClain looked even more weirded out as he continued to stare at me. Matt laced his fingers through mine and I bit my lip.
“Roberts… Denise?” Mr. McClain asked. I felt my head spin as I looked at Raina’s dad.
“You knew my mom?” I asked. He looked shocked.
“Knew, what happened to her?” He demanded. I squeezed Matt’s hand even harder.
“S-she died in a car crash. We were hit by a drunk driver.” This man looked like I’d just ripped his heart out. “How did you know her?”
“I think we should find a place to talk.” Mr. McClain said. As we walked to a small nearby restaurant I was as confused as ever. What was going on and what did it have to do with my mom? Phil was the only one who seemed a step ahead, I could see the gears turning as we walked inside and were seated in a booth in the back. Mr. McClain sat in the middle, with Matt and I on one side and Phil and Raina on the other.
“Alright, what’s going on?” Raina asked. Her dad let out a long sigh.
“Aubree, did your mother ever mention a man named “Ethan McClain?”
“Maybe, but she died when I was ten, so I don’t really remember her.” Mr. McClain bit his lip.
“Do you go to cemeteries to talk to her?” He asked. I felt my heart stop.
“How did you know that?” I asked. He sighed and looked at me.
“Because I’m your father.” Everyone at the table took in an audible breath.
“Wait, dad, what are you talking about?” Raina asked. “Am I adopted or something?”
“No, I’m your father too, Raina, you and Aubree are sisters.”
What?!” I squeaked. “T-that’s not possible, my mom said I was an only child-”
“I told Raina the same thing.” Mr. McClain said. “When you were both just two months old your mother and I got a divorce. We were so bitter that we each wanted both of you, and to make sure the other never saw either of you again. But, the judge decided it would only be fair if we each got one of you. So I took Raina and stayed here in Dakota, your mother took you and moved back to her family in Tacoma. I never saw you again, never heard from Denise again.” I just sat back and tried to take all this in. It was farfetched, that was for sure, but, it made the slightest bit of sense. The reason Raina was so protective of me, why when we hugged it felt so right, the reason I had thought of her when I was talking to my mom.
“How did you know I was me?” I quietly asked. Mr. McClain teared up.
“You look just like Denise.”
“Well, I think we need to make this official.” Phil declared. “Not that I don’t doubt you Mr. McClain, but there are a lot of brown haired brown eyed girls named Denise Roberts. So let’s get a blood test.” I squeezed Matt’s hand at the thought of needles. Mr. McClain nodded.
“Excellent idea Phil. I know that you’re my daughter,” He said, turning to me. “But I want you to know too Aubree.” Matt looked at his phone.
“Well, it’s already nine, so I doubt any clinics are open, we can go tomorrow though first thing in the morning.” Raina and I nodded simultaneously and we both stopped and looked at the other, letting out a hiccup of nervous laughter. Matt laced my fingers together with his. “You ready to go Aubree?” I nodded slowly, not taking my eyes off Mr. McClain.
What if he was really my dad? I would have a parent again, and not just my crazy aunt back in Tacoma. I smiled at him and stuck out my free hand. “I hope I really am your daughter.” I said as he shook my hand.
“I know you are Aubree.” Then Matt and I walked out and I felt like I was going to collapse. He chuckled at me.
“Long day huh?” I smiled and playfully shoved him. We caught a taxi back to the hotel and I was quiet most of the way there, Matt tried to put his arm around me, but I flinched just the slightest bit and he pulled his arm back. When he walked me back to my room I bit my lip. I remembered Matt promising making going to the gym all day up to me but…
Every time he touched me I just felt Nick’s cold hands grabbing me, even though I knew it was Matt. I turned around and looked at him. I knew he would understand if I said I didn’t want to do anything, but I felt bad. He wasn’t Nick, not by a long shot. He let out a long sigh and gave me a quick hug.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said sadly.
“You’re not going to come in?” I asked.
“After the day you’ve had? I would be a jerk if I did.” I stood on my toes and gave him a small kiss.
“I need you right now Matt. Please don’t leave me.” Matt saw my lower lip quivering and sighed.
“Aubree, I’m not going to rush you back into this after you were assaulted. I’ll be fine.” I let out a long sigh and looked up at him.
“Are you sure?”
“I’ll be fine.” He promised. I nodded and gave him a quick hug.
“Thank you Matt.”
“You know I’d do anything for you.” He said. He kissed the top of my head and I went into my room and jumped into the shower. I was glad I hadn’t let Matt in because I was freaking out. First all this crap happened with Nick, and now I might be Raina’s sister? This was just way too much for one day. I sighed as I got out of the shower and threw my hair into a braid, threw on some pajamas and collapsed, falling asleep before my head ever hit the pillow.
I woke up the next morning to someone knocking on my door. Ugh, I did not appreciate the wake up call. I hopped off the bed and threw on my slippers before I peeked out the door to see Matt’s shining face. “Good morning Sleeping Beauty.” He cooed. He stepped inside before I could say anything, but then blushed what he saw what I was wearing. I had just thrown on, what I noticed now was a very deep, v neck tee, and my boy shorts. My face was the same color crimson as Matt’s but neither of us could move.
“Aubree I…” He suddenly realized what he was doing and covered his eyes. I bit my lip and closed the door. I walked over to Matt and gently pressed my lips to his. To say he was surprised would be the understatement of the year. When I pulled back he looked at me. “But I thought-” I just grabbed his shirt and kissed him again, my face on fire. I didn’t want to think about anything, I just wanted to be in Matt’s arms. He picked me up with ease and kept out lips together. I slid my hands up his neck and ran my fingers through his short, spiky hair. He walked over to the bed and sat down as we kept our lips together. I pulled back and looked at him, smiling as I looked at his face, which was bright red.
He just gave me his adorable grin as he kissed me softly and held me.
“Thanks for waiting.” I said quietly. He smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.
“Well worth it.”
“Aubree, Matt, if you two could stop passionately making love for just a moment.” I blushed hearing Phil's voice outside the door. Matt walked over and opened the door while I threw on my hotel robe.
“Very funny.” Matt teased as he opened the door to Phil and Raina. “If I’m not mistaken, I could have sworn I saw you slithering out of Raina’s room last night.” Matt added. I saw Phil and Raina’s faces turn bright red, and I was embarrassed for them. Finally Phil broke the awkwardness.
“We’re going to be in-laws!” He cheered high-fiving Matt. I smiled at Raina and she gave me her huge grin as we laughed at how stupid the guys were being. “But, speaking of that, we have a blood test to do, you were supposed to just wake up Aubree, not seduce her.” He joked. I felt my face turn even redder as I shoved Matt out of my room.
“B-be ready in a minute!” I stammered. I ran over to my suitcase and grabbed some clothes, throwing them on as quickly as possible. My hair was a lost cause, so I just pulled it into a bun and tied it with a cute white bow. I ran out the door and smashed into Phil.
“Hold your horses Juliet, you’ll get to pick up where you and Romeo left off, I promise.” I blushed even harder and turned to Raina.
“Where’s your dad?” I asked.
“He’s going to meet us at the clinic.” She said simply. She seemed so sad, and I couldn’t figure out why. Shouldn’t she be happy that we might be sisters? I had thought it odd myself that we’d clicked so instantly as friends, but if we were related it that explained everything. But I decided not to try and push her. The drive to the clinic was quiet, everyone was thinking about their own things I guess. When we finally got there I gripped Matt’s hand. I’m absolutely terrified of needles, and I didn’t want one going anywhere near me.
When we got to the hospital room the doctor and Mr. McClain smiled at us. “You must be Raina and Aubree.” The doctor assumed. We nodded and his smile didn’t move. “Well, we’ll have to go into the other room for the blood samples, who wants to go first?” Raina must have seen my utter fear, because she volunteered to go first as I stayed in the room, gripping Matt’s hand for dear life. After a few minutes she came back and the doctor smiled at me again. “Miss Roberts?” I let out a long breath.
“Let’s go.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFF
HANGER.
I bet you can't wait for SEG to spead the awesomeness, can you?
are they sisters?
Or aren't they?
WAIT AND SEE.
xoxo
TMG

Aubree's Superstars Outfit
Aubree's Pajamas
Aubree's Hospital Outfit