Until I Met You

I Couldn't Say No Forever

~aubree~
I let out a long sigh as I sat in the makeup room waiting for Raina. These past few days had been so wonderful; I had gotten a family again. My dad and I had so much in common and had twenty-six years of catching up to do. Matt and I hadn’t really done anything though, and I could tell he was trying to hide how frustrated he was. But he understood, which was what I really needed right now. As I heard a knock on my door I leapt up. Matt had locked me inside again; he was still worried that something would happen to me.
I jogged over to the door and opened in only to see Mike. I tried to shut the door again but he easily overpowered me and flung it open, hitting me in the face. I slid to the ground, dizzy, my face throbbing. When I looked back up I felt my heart drop. Eve, Nick, Jake Hager (Jack Swagger), and Mike were all standing in front of me with evil smiles on their faces.
“No! Get away from me!” I screamed as I tried to back towards the door, but Nick reached down and grabbed me, slinging me over his shoulder without the slightest difficulty.
“Aw come on Mousey, you don’t want to be late to your own party, do you?” Mike said as he patted me cheek.
“P-put me down!” I screamed, beating on Nick’s back.
“No chance, we’ve got a little surprise for you.” Eve promised as they carried me out to the ring.
“Help! Please!” I yelled, but the only thing I got was a camera crew following me. They must have thought this was a storyline! “S-stop recording me and go get help!” I yelled desperately. But the camera man just kept following us as I heard Mike’s music and felt the stage lights on the back of my neck. I looked to the side of me and saw a very bewildered crowd. I heard a bunch of whispering and felt my face turn even redder. I felt myself bounce as Nick jumped up into the ring and he finally dropped me, letting me fall right on my ass.
“Get us mikes!” Eve growled. I tried to crawl out, but Eve grabbed my cardigan and roughly pulled me to my feet. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen!” She said in her fake media voice. “We wanted to introduce you to a little friend of ours today. This is Mouse, one of our makeup crew interns.”
“Now, you may be wondering why we wanted to introduce you to one of our tech people.” Mike continued, “But as the model citizens we are, we had to show the world that this little Mouse is actually a Rat.” He paused for effect as the audience oohed in anticipation. “You see, Mousey here is a bit of a snitch. Everyone tells her everything, and she tells it all to C.M. Punk.” That liar! I tell everything to him because he threatens to hurt Matt! I heard a slight boo rise from the audience.
“And you see, I’ve been crazy about Mouse since the first day she started working here, I mean, look at this face.” Nick grabbed my face and showed it to the camera man while I fought back tears. “Now, I told Mouse that I wanted to be with her, and she agreed, and we began dating.”
“That’s not true!” I muttered, but Eve painfully pulled my cardigan so it began to choke me.
“And, for the past few weeks, I’ve been dating Zack Ryder.” Eve continued. The audience made cat calls and I felt sick.
“You liar!” I said, but she just choked me again and I stopped. “And we’ve been so happy together, but then Zack met Mouse.” Eve started to cry some fake tears. “And she stole him away from me!”
“Aubree!” I smiled as I saw Matt come running down the ramp.
“Matt!” I tried, but Eve choked me again. But before Matt could get to me Jake grabbed him from behind and threw him face first into the ground. “MATT!” I screamed as I felt tears roll down my face. They couldn’t do this! Where was the security team?! Why was no one stopping this?!?
“You see? She tricked him into thinking he loved her!” Eve continued.
“And she broke my heart!” Nick lied.
“Her own father didn’t even want her, he abandoned her when she was just a kid, and then she got her mom killed in a car accident when she was ten, even then she was a conniving little rat!” Mike said, trying to rally the crowd behind him, but a lot of people were just looking at me, and all I saw was Matt. His nose was bleeding, it was probably broken. Jake just kept punching him every time he started to lift his head and it was more than I could bear.
“Please, stop hurting him!” I cried. “Don’t hurt him anymore, please. You can say what you want about me, but let Matt go.” The audience was dead silent as I just stood there crying.
“See?” Nick asked. “Even now she’s trying to trick you! She would have said the same thing about me before when I was the champion. She’s just a gold digging weasel.” But I couldn’t even hear Nick as I saw Matt just laying there.
“Don’t hurt Matt anymore, please.” I whimpered.
Then we all jumped when we heard Glenn’s music. Oh my God, now what? Eve gripped me even harder when she saw Raina running down with him. She ran into the ring and knocked Eve off her feet, causing her to let go of me. I scurried into the corner, I can’t fight, why do you think I get picked on so much? I just covered my head and squatted in the corner, waiting for it all to be over. But when I heard Raina gasping I opened my eyes and when Mike kissed her, I don’t know what came over me, but I lunged at him and ripped him off, throwing him face first into the ring post and knocking him out. I grabbed Raina. “Are you okay?” She just looked at me with a huge grin. We looked over and Glenn had just choke slammed Nick outside of the ring, and Eve had slithered off with Jake. I heard the audience erupt in cheers, but all I could think of was Matt as I ran out of the ring and over to him. I gingerly flipped him over and held his head in my hands.
“Matt? Are you okay?” I whispered. He didn’t answer, he was out cold. “M-Matt…” I felt the tears start to fall again as I pressed my forehead to him. “Matt, I’m so sorry this is all my fault.” The audience saw me and I heard as the stadium went into total dead silence. “I’m so sorry Matt.”
“Aubree?” I pulled my face back and his eyelids twitched and he opened his eyes to look at me. “I knew I heard your voice.”
“Matt!” I pulled him up into a giant hug and the audience cheered again as we held each other. I pulled back and he smiled at me. I helped him to his feet and leaned him on my shoulder. We looked up into the ring and Glenn was standing in the center, he grabbed a mike and pointed at Matt as the stadium was engulfed in his red lighting.
“I’m the only person allowed to drag you to Hell Ryder.” He growled. Then there was a blackout and I heard Matt whisper in my ear.
“Look afraid.” As the lights went back up I did my best to look terrified when Glenn was nowhere to be seen. Raina helped me hurry Matt up the ramp, all of us looking petrified, when we got back inside John Laurinaitis was slowly clapping.
“Well done ladies. Luckily for you, Glenn is a master of improvisation.”
“I didn’t really have a choice. I couldn’t leave her out there alone!” Raina growled. “If you’re going to blame anyone, blame Nick, Eve and Mike! They grabbed her and dragged her out there kicking and screaming.”
“Well, luckily for you, the crowd loves her.” John said as he pointed at me. “I have never seen a crowd react like that to someone they’ve never seen before. I feel like this could work out very successfully for all of us if we make this all a storyline.”
“Huh?” I squeaked. Me? On TV? People actually knowing my name?
“Well, it’d be up to Aubree, not us.” Matt said, gripping my arm.
“Well, Miss Roberts?”
“Um, I don’t really know, I mean, what would I do?”
“You wouldn’t have to wrestle, if that’s what you’re worried about. You’d just be in behind the scenes, advising Matt and Raina, being kidnapped maybe, things of that nature. And you can still do makeup and hair if you’d like.” John smiled. “And you’d be paid as an actor, of course.” I felt my heart drop, I could finally actually deserve Matt.
“I’d be an idiot if I said no.” I mumbled.
“Will she have security? Like, someone making sure that Mike, Nick, and Eve never pull a stunt like that again?”
“Of course.” John promised. Raina and Matt looked at me.
“We’ll be proud no matter what you do, so I want you to do what makes you happy.” Raina said. Grinning from ear to ear with pride. “Do what Aubree wants to do.” I let out a long sigh.
“Can I have a day to think about it?” I asked.
“Of course.” John said. “Just come to me tomorrow night and tell me what you’ve decided.” I nodded.
“Okay.” As John left I felt my knees going weak. Matt could walk on his own now, so when Phil walked up Raina guided him away to tell him what had happened and I went with Matt to the infirmary. On the way there I was greeted with claps and pats on the back from a few of the superstars and divas who were my clients. By the time we got to the infirmary I felt like a million dollars.
But all that vanished again when I saw the pain Matt was in as the doctor gingerly touched his nose. He let out a long sigh. “Definitely broken. I’ll set it, but you won’t be fighting this week or next.”
“Alright.” Matt said. I could tell he was really disappointed. He would probably want to rip Nick and Mike apart after that little stunt, but he just let out a long sigh. “Just set it now then, get it over with.”
“Alright, miss, you may not want to look.” The doctor suggested. I reached out and took Matt’s hand in mine, then covered my eyes with the other. I was glad I didn’t look because I felt my stomach lurch when I heard the crack of Matt’s nose. He gripped my hand so tightly that I had to hold back a small whimper of pain.
When he was done I was on my way back to my makeup room, but Matt quickly pulled me into his dressing room and shut the door. The room was dark except for the reddish glow of the makeup lights, giving it an eerie feeling. “Matt, what are you doing?” His back was to me, and I could see him shaking. “Matt, what’s wrong?”
“I couldn’t protect you.” He said. I saw his back tense and he tightened his hands into fists.
“Matt,” I walked over and placed my hand on his shoulder. “Jake attacked you, it wasn’t your fault.”
“I can only believe that for so long.” He muttered. I gently turned Matt around and touched his face.
“You put up a Hell of a fight for me.”
“But it wasn’t enough-” I pressed my finger to his lips.
“It was to me.” He gave me this weird look that I didn’t recognize and it made my face catch fire. He grabbed my arms and pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips to mine. He guided me over to a table and lifted me onto it, wrapping my legs around him. I pulled my lips away.
“Matt-” I started.
“Stop talking.” He said breathlessly, pressing out lips back together. His started to unbutton my cardigan and I grabbed his hand.
“Raina and Phil are waiting for us-”
“They can wait fifteen minutes Aubree.”
“But-”
“But what?” He asked, clearly frustrated. “Am I not good enough now or something?”
“You know that’s not why-”
“Then what is it?” He snapped. He saw the look on my face and let out a long sigh and ran his hands through his hair, walking away from me. “I’m sorry.”
“So am I.” I said, walking over to him. “I just… I want it to be special, not some quickie in your dressing room.” Matt pretended to be offended.
“Who said anything about it being quick?” I chuckled and looked back up at him.
“Tonight, I promise. Come over to my room after Raina and Phil are asleep and then we can. But not here, not now.” Matt grinned like an eager young schoolboy.
“Really?!” I blushed.
“Y-yes…really.” I already regretted saying it. What if I chickened out again? I couldn't say no forever, but I was so nervous that I was going to completely embarrass myself. You see, being so shy I’ve never had a boyfriend, so I’ve never, well, I’m sure you get the idea. Matt, on the other hand, probably had tons of experience and would know exactly what to do while I would just be laying there like an idiot. As Matt led me out of his dressing room I knew that there was only one person I could talk to about this.
And boy was Raina in for an awkward conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA.
I just saw Spring Awakening,
and I feel like that's what drove the end of the chapter.
ahahahaha
SEG gets to have fun with the rest of this.
And I'm sure it'll be great!
xoxo
TMG

Aubree's Outfit