Until I Met You

Blaming Myself

~raina~
I was shocked completely and totally shocked. I had just watched my sister throw Mike off of me and knock him out cold with the help of the ring post. She grabbed me asking if I was ok and all I could do was grin. We both looked over as Glenn choked slammed Nick outside the ring as Eve and Jake ran for the hills. Aubree took off out the ring to Matt’s side as I allowed myself to slide down in the corner. I was so going to have a massive bruise in the morning, but I didn’t care right now. I had allowed Mike to kiss me! I should have kicked his balls into his throat, but I completely froze up. As Matt responded to Aubree I slid myself out the ring as Glenn grabbed a mike.
“I’m the only person allowed to drag you to Hell Ryder” He boomed. Nice Glenn was covering it all up. As the lights went off I made sure to look into the ring in fear of the indestructible Kane and he had disappeared. I walked over to Aubree and Matt holding back a grimace of pain from where my back hit the corner. I helped her get Matt back stage quickly. Walking through the curtains Laurinaitis was stood there clapping slowly. I hated this guy he was revelling in others misfortune.
“Well done ladies. Luckily for you, Glenn is a master of improvisation.”
“I didn’t really have a choice. I couldn’t leave her out there alone!” I growled he needed to watch what he was saying my temper was coming back in full force. “If you’re going to blame anyone, blame Nick, Eve and Mike! They grabbed her and dragged her out there kicking and screaming.”
“Well, luckily for you, the crowd loves her.” Laurinaitis said as he pointed at Aubree. “I have never seen a crowd react like that to someone they’ve never seen before. I feel like this could work out very successfully for all of us if we make this all a storyline.”
“Huh?” Aubree squeaked clearly surprised, but I couldn’t argue the crowd did love it.
“Well, it’d be up to Aubree, not us.” Matt said as he gripped her arm.
“Well, Miss Roberts?”
“Um, I don’t really know, I mean, what would I do?”
“You wouldn’t have to wrestle, if that’s what you’re worried about. You’d just be in behind the scenes, advising Matt and Raina, being kidnapped maybe, things of that nature. And you can still do makeup and hair if you’d like.” He explained with that stupid sneaky smile of his. “And you’d be paid as an actor, of course.” Aubree’s jaw hit the floor she really couldn’t believe what was happening.
“I’d be an idiot if I said no.” She mumbled.
“Will she have security? Like, someone making sure that Mike, Nick, and Eve never pull a stunt like that again?” Matt blurted.
“Of course.” He promise Matt, but I didn’t trust him. I knew he was close to Mike.
“We’ll be proud no matter what you do, so I want you to do what makes you happy.” I told her, at the end of the day it was her decision and we wouldn’t make it for her. “Do what Aubree wants to do.” She let out a long and shaky sigh.
“Can I have a day to think about it?”
“Of course.” Laurinaitis said. “Just come to me tomorrow night and tell me what you’ve decided.” She nodded.
“Okay.” Was her simple reply. As we watched Laurinaitis walk away Phil came up to us I could tell he was angry, but he said nothing as I led him away.
I walked ahead of him pulling him by his hand to his locker room. When we got in I pulled him into me. I hadn’t realised how much what had happened had upset me. I trembled as he crushed me to him. And as he stroked my hair to soothe me I remembered about the same time he felt it that I had cut the back of my head when Mike locked me up.
“Raina what the hell happened?!” He spun me round to inspect my head. “Raina?” I sighed hoping to hold back the tears.
“Mike and Eve they tricked me and shoved me into a closet I tripped and banged my head.” He held me to him again as I explained what had happened.
“Well that explains why I was told I had a meeting with Paul (Hunter)!” He snapped. I turned to him a question in my eyes. “When I got there Paul was nowhere to be found. They must have had this all planned out.” He fumed. “Raina I am so sorry I left you.” I couldn’t stand the look of sadness and regret in his eyes, it hurt me more than what they had done.
“Shut up Phil! I’m blaming myself enough for both of us for what happened to Aubree.” He fell silent and lifted my face to his. He gave me his smile and it was like taking a deep breath. His lips met mine briefly, before he rested my head against his chest and laid his head on top of mine.
“Come on we’ll find Aubree and Matt and head back to the hotel.” I nodded my head and took his hand.
As we walked towards Aubree and Matt. Matt looked at Phil and it wasn’t entirely friendly, I hope he isn’t going to blame Phil. We grabbed my stuff from the locker room and headed out of the arena. I spotted dad and face palmed myself. Phil laughed drawing the attention of Matt and Aubree who had been quiet since we met up with them.
“What’s so funny?” Aubree smiled. I actually skipped towards and took her hands.
“We’re sisters! Actual, honest to god sisters. I was on my way to tell you when everything went to hell.” I grinned. She looked astounded almost as if she thought we might not be. Then her whole face lit up and she hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and found we were both being hugged by someone else. I looked up to see dad and his were watery. He smiled and kissed my head then Aubree’s.
“I’m so glad that I have both my girls now. I love you both.” He whispered choking back a sob. I had never seen my dad so at a loss.
“WE love you too dad.” Aubree and I giggled having said the same thing simultaneously. He pulled back to allow Phil and Matt to come closer, both had stupid grins on their faces.
“And tonight’s show was amazing. Raina the way you tackled that Eve and I didn’t know you had it in you Aubree. Taking it to the Miz like that.” Aubree blushed and I could see Matt wanted to say something.
“Yeah it’s a great storyline dad. I wonder where they’ll decide to take it next.” Shot out before anything else could be said. Matt looked confused as to why I hadn’t told my dad, but Aubree and Phil knew I had my reasons.
“Well look I know I was talking about us going out for a meal, but can we do that tomorrow. Bobby wants a hand with something at his.”
“Sure dad that’s fine.” I kissed his cheek. And he turned to Aubree.
“Well, bye Aubree, I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Definitely …Dad.” She smiled and hugged him. He turned quickly and headed off. I knew him well enough to know that he was crying and didn’t want us to see.
“So we going?” Matt asked taking Aubree’s hand.
“Sure, but is it o-ok if you ride with Phil I want to talk to R-Raina about s-something.” What did she want to talk to me about and what was it that would make her stutter?
“Sure.” Matt didn’t look entirely happy was she trying to ditch him?
“Well then, I’ll see you back at the hotel Phil.” I kissed him quickly and jogged to catch Aubree as she headed to Matt’s rental. We climbed in quietly and she drove off.
“Aubree is everything alright?” I had forgotten about the pain in my back until I turned in my seat to look at her. I grimaced, but she didn’t see as she had lit up like Christmas tree. Whatever it was she was clearly not sure how to broach it.
“Yeah, I-I just….” She let out a deep breath. “R-Raina, I-I’m a v-v-virgin.” I didn’t get where she was going with this and if she thought I would mock her she didn’t know me as well as she thought.
“Ok, so what does that have to do with me?” I asked trying to sound encouraging.
“I don’t know what to do! And I can’t keep saying no to Matt! What should I do? I’ve never… so I don’t. Help…“ It came out in a big rush and I had to remind her to stay calm as she was driving. This wasn’t an easy thing talk about.
“Look Aubree. I can tell you exactly what to do, I can tell you more than likely what he will do, but I won’t.” She looked at me in total distress at what she had got herself into. “I won’t because everyone has to experience it in their own way. Matt won’t be horrible about if you just tell him. He’s sure to take it easy and only as much as you feel comfortable with. Don’t feel bad about being a virgin because honestly, I wish I was and there is nothing wrong with it. Trust me though when it comes to it, it’ll feel right and you’ll know what to do I guarantee it.” I smiled as we pulled into the hotel car park. We got out and she ran round to me hugging me tight.
“Thanks Raina, I’m glad you’re my sister.” I hugged her back feeling a pang of guilt from when I hoped she wasn’t, but quickly shook it off.
“I’m glad you’re my sister too. No other girl would have taken on Mike the way you did.” She pulled away and smiled modestly as Matt and Phil came towards us.
“So you girls finished talking?” Matt smiled as Phil put his arm round my shoulders.
“Indeed and no you can’t know what about so don’t bother asking” I stuck my tongue out as Matt frowned at me. Aubree took his hand smiling up at him. They started to walk away, when she looked back and smiled I winked at her happy I could help.
“So I can’t know either?” I shook my head furiously Aubree would die if I told anyone. We walked back to my room and I let Phil in.
“Will you wait till I’ve showered and changed?” I asked as I stood on my tip toes and kissed him.
“Sure I will I want to have a look at that cut as well.” He frowned in concern and kissed the tip of my nose. I quickly showered as best I could with my back hurting. As I showered I couldn’t help but blame myself for what had happened. I still felt that Laurinaitis had something to do with it, but unless someone else said anything I knew I would be ignored. It wasn’t till I slipped on my pyjama shorts and top that I realised that the bruise caused by Mike was huge and peeked over the top of my vest top. Phil was going to freak and my suitcase was at the other side of the room so I couldn’t change now.
As I came out of the bathroom Phil smiled at what I was wearing and he got that twinkle in his eye that all guys get when their thoughts turn to sex. He pulled me in to him and kissed me passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged gently at his hair. He pulled me back from him and ran his hand up my back and took my head gently in his hands. The look from a moment ago gone as he felt for the cut and bump on my head. I winced slightly as he found it.
“Raina I’m so sorry. I really am.” I started to protest, but he clamped his hand over my mouth with a sad smile. “I know I won’t say it again. At least it doesn’t seem too bad and it’s long since stopped bleeding.” I looked at him showing I didn’t appreciate him blaming himself. Then turned to get some aspirin from my bag. “What the hell is that?!”
“Its fine Phil, it’s just where I hit the turnbuckle.” He wasn’t happy not one bit.
“No it’s not fine! Mizanin is going to pay big for this.” He engulfed me in his arms and I forgot the aspirin as I held him to me. He lifted me bridal style placing me gently on the bed. He looked at me asking permission with his eyes and I smiled up at him in consent. He striped to his boxers and climbed in next to me. I immediately snuggled up to him as his arm went around me. I traced the tattoos on his chest with my index finger as he sighed.
“He won’t get away with this I’m going to teach him one hell of a lesson.” He growled into the darkened room.
“I know Phil and none of them will. They are going to pay majorly for what they did to Aubree.” He held me closer, kissing my head as I drifted off still tracing his tattoos.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh ok that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be :D
I leave it in the capable hands of TMG
I wonder what horrors Phil and Raina will have for the others :D
Raina Pyjamas