Until I Met You

An Ally

~raina~
“Now hold on a minute.” I looked over to the ramp to the sight of Otunga and Laurinaitis. “I don’t know about you John, but I am questioning the legality of this match.”
“What?” I heard Aubree cry. I got up and slid into the ring Matt and Aubree following to stand by Phil.
“I have to agree David.” No way they could not be doing this! I thought with Glenn on side we would for sure come away with a happy ending. “Due to questionable circumstances, the winners of this match, by disqualification, are The Miz, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and Eve.” Phil grabbed my hand both to stop me from attacking him and to show he wouldn’t stand for this. “But, since titles can’t exchange hands in a disqualification, the circumstances will stay as they were, Mouse is the property of Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Eve and Jack Swagger.”
“You can’t do this!” I felt my blood run cold. No he can’t do this. Matt was distraught as Laurinaitis pulled out Aubree’s contract.
“Actually, Ryder, yes I can.” He smirked.
“I won’t let you touch her.” Matt shouted as Mike came towards us.
“Then you’ll be fired.”
“Fine!”
“And Raina too.” They all looked to me and as I was about to tell him where to stick his job when Aubree spoke up.
“No.” She whispered. “I’ll go with them.” Matt was in shock and I felt a lump hitch in my throat. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.
“Mouse please; you don’t have to do this.”
“I’m not going to let you and Raina get hurt because of me anymore.” She hugged Matt and he slowly responded his world was shattering around him.
“Alright, break it up.” Mike said, as he pulled Aubree away I made to step forward but Phil kept a hold of me.
“Mouse.” I could hear the pain in his voice and it broke my heart to see the two of them split up. “I am not going to stop until I get you back.”
“Zack…”
“Neither will I.” I choked out trying to prevent myself from crying and my temper under check .
“I won’t either.” Phil added he too was struggling to keep calm. “This is not going to stand.”
“Well, that’s too bad, because we won Punky. Maybe next time you shouldn’t cheat. Let’s go.” Jake pushed Aubree up the ramp and it took everything I had to not help her.
“Mouse!” Matt shouted and ran towards them. I stood with Phil and we couldn’t hear what was said, but the looks on both their faces was heart wrenching enough. Matt was trying to persuade them of something and eventually he was allowed to hold Aubree. Phil and I climbed out the ring slowly heading towards Matt.
“We’re going to get you back Mouse!” I hollered. “They won’t get away with this!”
“I don’t care what it takes!” Matt hollered, jumping back to his feet. “I’m going to get you back!” We ran to him in case he tried anything stupid and watched as they dragged Aubree off backstage. As we ourselves made it backstage I squeezed Phil’s hand and took off to the locker room. Fighting my tears all the way. This wasn’t supposed to happen. In my locker room I kicked the chair sending it flying across the room in anger. I screamed and folded my knees beneath me. I sat there trying to think of a way out of it, but nothing came. Unless? Mike was egotistical enough and wanted me enough to exchange me for Aubree. I got up and showered quickly. Phil would be coming to get me to leave for the hotel soon. As I changed back into my clothes and stepped out the bathroom I came face to face with Glenn.
“Jesus, Mary and Joseph Glenn! You scared the living daylights out of me.” As my heartbeat returned to normal I smiled at him. He had tried to help us, but what those douches wanted they seemed to get.
“I’m sorry Raina, I failed you both.” He sighed.
“No Glenn you did great we won, but I guess it wasn’t enough. Are you going to tell me this storyline?” I asked to take his mind off Aubree and the match.
“Yeah I should, but it’s between us for now ok?” I nodded. “My whole going for Cena and turning up and helping you, well Paul and Steph think it’s going to happen a lot more in weeks to come. They aren’t willing to stop Mike as ratings are so high. So as a reason for me coming down to help you they want you to be controlling me through a medallion or something they haven’t quite got it down exactly.” He smiled up at me.
“That sounds great Glenn.” I replied, at least he was still willing to help us. The door to the locker room opened and Phil stuck his head in.
“Raina, come on we need to go.” He smiled sadly at Glenn, I kissed his cheek and thanked him again before leaving with Phil.
We drove back to the hotel in silence; neither Phil nor I knew what to say to Matt. When we got off the lift at our floor I hugged Matt tightly.
“We will make this right Matt I promise.” He tried to smile, but he couldn’t and walked off down to his room.
“Raina.” Phil said. I turned to him and he took my hand guiding me to our room. As soon as the door closed I felt the tears start to fall again. “Babe, it’ll be ok we’ll get her back.” He held me to him until I pulled away to get changed. I came back out and Phil was sat on the bed his eyes were red, he hadn’t cried. But he was close. I stood in front of him and he wrapped his arms around my waist resting his head on my stomach. We stayed like that for a while as I stroked his hair. We didn’t need to talk just looking at each other was enough to say everything. I slowly pulled away and crawled on to the bed. Phil followed me and held me close. I felt safe and secure, but my mind wander back to what I had planned. It would crush Phil, but I couldn’t let Aubree suffer.
It was 6.30am when some started knocking on the door. Phil was still asleep I knew he hadn’t slept well last night. I quickly opened the door with my finger on my lips to shush who turned out to be Matt.
“Raina, Aubree has a plan.” He whispered.
“What?! When did you talk to her?” I demanded.
“About three hours ago. I couldn’t just leave her.” I smiled in understanding. “But she thinks if we can persuade someone from Smackdown that we don’t associate with to take her then we can get her back!” It was to an extent a good idea, but so had been Glenn helping us. And look how that had turned out.
“Matt I don’t know. I mean even if we get help from someone who can’t easily be tied to us. They’d get embroiled in the storyline and end up on Mike his little snakes hit list.” I knew he wasn’t listening and there was no way to walk him round. “Ok Matt, give me thirty minutes. I’ll have Phil up and we’ll get someone to help us.” I smiled at him as he nodded gratefully.
As I closed the door Phil wrapped his arms round my waist.
“Who was that?” He yawned.
“It was Matt and he’s spoken to Aubree…” I told him what Matt had told me. He felt the same way I did and knew it wouldn’t be that easy. But at least like me he was willing to try if not for Aubree then for Matt’s peace of mind.
As we changed we both decided who would be best to approach and lease likely to be linked to us. And it boiled down to Stephen (Sheamus) Farrelly and Cody Runnels. Cody being a heel could be seen as him wanting what is coveted, Aubree. It fit with his persona, but could he take them on? And Stephen as he and Phil didn’t exactly get on and he never socialised with Matt other than when he works with him. Plus I was pretty sure that Stephen could take the lot of them on. Phil would tackle Cody and I Stephen. I phoned Matt to tell him what we were doing and left. As I walked in to restaurant I saw Stephen, but on the table over was sat Laurinaitis. I back tracked and headed to the concierge. I quickly jotted a note down asking Stephen to meet me in the diner across the street in fifteen minutes. He quickly took the note into Stephen as I made my way to the diner. I sat there tapping my knee and ten minutes later Stephen walked in.
“Thank you Stephen, for coming to meet me.” I stood up and shook his hand.
“It’s fine, ya had me curious. So what is it you want?” He said getting straight to the point. I took a deep breath and delved in. I explained everything that was happening and laid out what I wanted.
“So Stephen, if you would be willing to. Would you tonight come down during Mike’s match and take Aubree? Make out you’ve fallen for her or that as Mike and Nick wanted her you’ve decided they couldn’t have her. It may be the only way to get her back.” He thought it over and asked me something I really didn’t want to answer.
“So Raina if I say no what then?” His face never changed, he didn’t smile, didn’t frown. He just locked his eyes with mine.
“Well if no one will help, which is understandable. Then I… I’ll go to Mike. He’s self-centred enough that he’ll more than likely swap Aubree for me.” This got a reaction out of him as he leaned across and put his hand on my arm.
“Well Raina, I guess you’ve got ya self an ally. I’ll do it and I’ll enjoy beating him senseless.” He smiled. I was relieved, but it still needed to work before I could relax.
“Thank you Stephen, thank you so much.” I took a deep breath to hold back my tears and stood up to hug him.
“You’re welcome, but you best leave before me if we aren’t supposed to be seen together.” I nodded and left for the hotel in search of Phil.
On the way to Smack Down I was a bag of nerves. I still planned to take Aubree’s place if Stephen couldn’t get Aubree. Mike’s match was second to last and I found myself pacing around like a caged animal. Phil and Matt where off watching Mike and his gang. Mike was going against Daniel Bryan. And thankfully Mike came out with just Aubree by his side and Jake. I was to hide nearby ready to leave when Stephen kidnapped Aubree, while Phil and Matt would distract Nick and Eve. My nerve ends felt like they were on fire as the match drew to a close. Just as Mike got the win Sheamus’s music hit and Stephen walked out.
“Now looky here Fella’s. I’m not about to stand back and let you do what you want with the beautiful little Mouse. I want her and I can treat her a lot better than you or that Ryder!” Mike got himself a mike.
“Really?! Really?! Well why don’t you try and take her?!” He challenged. Stephen smiled down at him and came to the ring at a run. Jake jumped in and both he and Mike went at it with Stephen. Aubree was stood outside petrified. Mike was actually putting up a decent fight especially when Stephen knocked Jake out of the ring. I was watching closely praying for Stephen to win. I began to wonder what Jake was doing as I thought he should be back in the ring by now when I saw his head pop up on the side of the ring he was knocked down at. I couldn’t understand the look on his face as he looked torn as he stared between Aubree and Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so wow,
Will Stephen save Aubree?
Or will Jake stand up to Mike and his cronies?
I'll leave that for TMG to reveal :D
Raina Day
Raina S.D