Until I Met You

Deep Breaths and Happy Thoughts

~Raina~
I was unbelievably excited about tonight, Aubree had said Mike was a nice guy so we were good to go. I phoned Mike before setting off to pick Aubree up to let him know we were on for tonight.
“Hey Mr Awesome.”
“Well I was starting to think you weren’t going to call.” I could virtually see the smirk on his face.
“I thought I’d let you sweat a little first, but we are so up for tonight. Where do you want to meet?”
“The lobby is fine, but what do you mean by we? Me and you?”
“No I wasn’t going to ditch Aubree, so her and Matt are coming with. We are going to have so much fun.”
“Yeah definitely, it’s going to be a good night babe I’ll see you later.” He hung up, why did he sound a little less than pleased with Aubree and Matt coming?
I soon got to the arena and picked Aubree up. She was quiet most of the time even after I had helped her pick the most amazing outfit. I got out of her in the car what her and Matt had been up to and I was so proud of her. I would have her swaggering around like she owned the place in no time. But yet something was still off, it was as if she had a lot on her mind and didn’t know what to do it made her quieter than usual. It was kind of strange because I was like that when things were playing on my mind. She assured me she was ok and I left it not wanting to push her. We got changed in our own rooms then we walked down together to meet our guys. But she seemed to tense up at the sight of them. It soon became apparent that it had something to do with Mike. And when Eve turned up we almost mimicked one another tensing up and seething at the sight of her. Mike glared briefly at Aubree, but I wasn’t sure if I had just imagined it. Aubree became more quiet and nervous as they spoke and Eve left to get changed.
Ok something was off here, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Why was Aubree so nervous around Mike? Had she had a crush on him or something? I could understand why she was not best pleased with Eve virtually inviting herself, because let’s face it neither was I. I wouldn’t have fun tonight, I would need to keep an eye on Eve at all times. She would not wriggle her way into Matt’s arms. Hell I’d even make sure she didn’t dance with him. Mike slung his arm around my shoulders as we headed out of the hotel and I looked up at him my frown in place.
“Mike why did you invite her or rather let her come?”
“What do you mean babe? Eve’s a friend I couldn’t not invite her.” He smiled and kissed my cheek. I glanced back at Aubree and Matt to see them holding hands, but she didn’t look happy. No something was definitely wrong.
“Yeah, but I don’t like her. I think she’s up herself. She’s just going to spoil our night.” I pouted maybe I could convince him to call her and cancel.
“Babe you don’t have to be worried about her stealing me away from you. She’s not my type.” It wasn’t me I was worried about. The taxi to Trinity was tense to say the least. Matt was trying to make Aubree laugh, but then she would glance at Mike and she just couldn’t. If he was such a great guy like she had told me, then why was she acting like this? Mike on the other hand seemed oblivious to it all, but the whole thing made me feel uncomfortable.
As the taxi pulled up Mike got out and offered to help me out pulling me into him as he did so. He wriggled his eyebrows suggestively and I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Stop it, you look stupid.” I teased him. “Aubree are you coming or are you just going to stand there?” She smiled nervously at me, I thought we had got past all the nervousness between us. I was going to ask if she was alright when Mike pulled me into the club. The music was blaring and the bodies were swaying. I felt my mood lighten, it had been a while since I had had the chance to hit the clubs and I missed it. We made our way to the bar first and Mike bought the drinks. Before I had chance to drink half of it Mike pulled me on to the dance floor.
“I love this song.” He whispered in my ear as he pulled me by my hips into him. I smiled to myself, club music was not my thing so I couldn’t tell who it was, but the beat was amazing I thought as I swayed my hips to the music. Mike left his hands on my hips and followed suit.
It wasn’t long before Matt had convinced Aubree to hit the floor and he stood there fist pumping. He was a total dork, but he was so adorable. After the fourth song Mike had begun to nuzzle my neck. I felt weird about it and pulled away from him gesturing that I wanted a drink. He smiled and took my hand leading me off the dance floor. As we stood with our drinks Eve and none other than Nick Nemeth walked in and towards us.
“Oh great!” I spat, Matt couldn’t stand him, I certainly didn’t like him and I was sure Aubree wouldn’t be impressed by him being here.
“What’s wrong babe?” He breathed in my ear, I think he was trying for seductive, but he totally failed at it. Before I could reply they had gotten to us.
“Mike, Raina so where’s Matt?” Deep breaths and happy thoughts. I wouldn’t punch her in the face.
“Matt is on the dance floor with his Girlfriend! Besides you bought a date so why don’t you go dance with him?”
“Now come on Raina, we’re here to have fun. I’m sure Mouse won’t mind if her and Eve swap partners for a dance or two.” Mike chided me. Eve smiled and it was none too friendly. Well if she wanted to play games she was in for one hell of a fight. I could play games like this with the best of them. I stood there staring down Eve and winning I might add when Aubree and Matt came over to us.
“Nick, hey Eve. You should have gone with Glenn.” He laughed. I laughed more at the look on Eve’s face than the mention of The Devil’s favourite demon. Aubree tried to hide her smile, but it completely vanished when Nick sidled up to her.
“Hey Aubree, you look fantastic. Do you mind if I dance with you?” Before she could protest he had whisked her off to the dance floor leaving Matt twitching with anger. Eve was ready to pounce, but I was a step ahead.
“Come on Matt, you don’t mind dancing with Eve do you Mikey?” I smiled at him all sultrily. I didn’t give him chance to reply as I turned taking Matt’s arm and smirked at Eve.
“Thanks nice save Raina.” He smiled as he began to dance rather awkwardly.
“It’s ok I have no intention of letting that little snake split you and Aubree up. I just need to get that slime ball away from Aubree. Matt can I ask you something?” I asked, maybe he would know.
“Sure you can. You’re a good friend to Aubree you know that? She was so quiet and timid, well she still is but you give her that confidence to go with it.” I blushed I hadn’t thought of it that way and for someone else to pick up on it, I felt I had done good for a change.
“I’m just glad I could help, but tell me about Mike. Something is off and I can’t put my finger on it.”
“What do you mean?” Ok Matt was a little dim, how had he not seen Aubree’s reaction to Mike?
“I phoned Aubree earlier. I wasn’t going to go out with Mike unless she told me if he was a decent guy or not. She said he was and that I should cut loose. But she’s been acting like somebody on death row. Mike just has to look at her and she gets all nervous, tell me you noticed?” He seemed a little shocked by it all, but before he could answer I noticed Nick was getting a little too close for comfort with Aubree and she looked terrified. I broke from Matt and he followed me towards them.
“Shift it Nick, you’re invading her personal space.” Nick turned to glare at me as Matt took Aubree in his arms.
“I was just having a little fun.” He smiled and grabbed my arm, squeezing it painfully.
“Take your hand off me or I will hurt you.” He grinned at me all too cockily almost daring me to do something, so I did. I grabbed him by the balls with my free hand and stepped in closely. “Next time do as I say.” He staggered backwards as I released my hold on him. Ok this night had gone to hell! I was angry at just about everything and was starting to regret agreeing to go out with Mike. He had been so sweet this afternoon, but he didn’t seem the same now.
“I don’t know about you two, but I’m going to go I’ve had enough bullshit for one night.” Matt nodded his head and taking Aubree’s hand we walked off towards the exit.
“Hey Raina, Raina wait!” It was Mike, I kind of felt bad for trying to leave without telling him. I smiled sheepishly, but that soon changed when I saw Eve trailing behind him. “Where are you going? It’s not even midnight yet.” He protested grabbing my arm almost exactly like Nick had.
“Sorry Mike, but I’m not feeling to good and these two are calling it a night.” I smiled, he trailed his hand down my arm until he had my hand.
“Come on babe stay a little longer, just for me?” He stuck his bottom lip out.
“I’m sorry Mike, but I really just need to lie down. Eve will keep you company I’m sure.” He clearly wasn’t interested in Eve and I felt bad for saying it. “I’ll call you later.” I smiled half-heartedly and kissed his cheek. As I turned round to Matt and Aubree all I saw was red. Eve had draped herself over Matt and Aubree just stood to the side on the verge of tears. But when Eve planted her lips on Matt’s she took off out the club. I don’t think I had ever been so mad on someone else behalf before. I grabbed a handful of Eve’s hair pulling her from Matt and causing her to trip over. I didn’t stop to see where she fell. I grabbed Matt and pulled him from the club in search of Aubree. We saw her climb into a taxi and take off most likely to the hotel.
“For god sake! I finally get her and Eve has to ruin it. She’s going to hate me isn’t she?” Matt shoulders slumped and he looked so sad. I pulled him to another taxi and told the driver to get to the hotel.
“Now you listen to me Mathew Cardona! None of it’s your fault it’s that conniving little snakes fault. I’ll talk to Aubree and sort it all out and if Eve so much as looks at you again I’m going to knock her pretty little teeth out of her pretty little mouth!” I really was seething and I was getting more worked up by the second.
As we got to the hotel we couldn’t have been more than five minutes behind Aubree. I left Matt in the lobby and taking my shoes off I sprinted up the stairs as the lifts would take too long. I ran down our hallway. I stopped outside Aubree’s room and banged on the door. I could hear a muffled sob from inside, but no movement.
“Aubree I know you’re in there! I can hear you. Open up we need to talk!” I banged on the door again. “Aubree talk to me, I can sort this all out!” She still didn’t answer. “Aubree if you don’t answer this door I will sit out here all night and all day until you do!” And I meant it, I slid down to the floor using the door to rest my back on. I was settling in for a long wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom, that's it for this chapter. The drama is building.
I can't wait to see where TMG takes it in the next chapter :D
Don't forget to leave your thoughts in a quick comment.
Raina's Club Outfit