Status: Finished

The Sorting Hat

The Sorting Hat

Draco Malfoy's POV

We were led into the great hall by professor McGonigal. It was a huge room with a ceiling that looked like the night sky. Four long tables ran the length of the room with a fifth teachers table at the top. Infront of their table sat a stool, upon it a hat. With a face.
"What kind of hat has a face" I turned to Crab who laughed and nodded stupidly. The front of the group reached the top of the room where professor McGonigal stopped and everyone huddled together. She produced a large scroll of paper and began reading names. I wasn't really interested until she read mine.
"Draco Malfoy" she called out across the great hall.
I wasn't worried or nervous as i made my way up to sit on the chair. I was going to be in Slytherin house. My father had told me all about the stupid talking hat. How could a hat look inside your head and decide for itself where you were going to spend your seven years at Hogwarts. What a load of nonsense. You decided where you went.
"SLYTHERIN" The hat yelled out before it even touched my head. I grinned at the rest of first year still waiting to be housed. That's how its done I thought to myself. Hats making decisions for people what a load of rubbish. I jumped off the seat to walk confidently over to the Slytherin table, taking a last glance at Harry Potter. Making sure he saw it too before taking my seat.
The table cloth was green and white and everyone had the badge on their robes as well as their tie. It felt right. I was the type of person Slytherin wanted sitting at their table. My father is Lucias Malfoy. Every table wanted me. But i chose Slytherin. I chose Slytherin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it. Its a really short one but its the first Harry Potter fan fiction i've written and i've watched all the movies recently it got me thinking what was going on in the other characters minds at certain points of the story.
Please let me know what you think although writing is a hobby for me I still want to be the best that i can be at it so im open to all kinds of constructive critisism.